Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is equitable and the District policy is followed. Tutoring help is available from faculty and through After the Bell program.

PVHS offers a diversity of choices in education, from college prep and engineering disciplines to health care, culinary, and other vo-tech. The faculty and admin are dedicated to providing a safe and successful learning environment, and the students are respectful members of the learning community and embody PV PRIDE. The block scheduling allows for more project-based and interactive learning and engages students. The CREST Program offers college level engineering education. PVHS strives to offer the choices and learning environment we hope for with public education.

Great area, good football, nice location to attract a great staff. Go Paradise Valley Trojans!

A pretty poor school as a whole. Getting told by students to commit suicide and being called a plethora of other obscenities is not what I'd call ideal, to say the least. The principal refused to do anything about the harassment, claiming shows like "Family Guy" were the reason for their behavior. Evidently, this justifies her not intervening at all. I finished many classes with an A without having learned a thing, as the teachers apparently decided making everyone pass the class was far easier than actually doing their jobs. The staff simply doesn't care about the well-being of students, with my former Biotech teacher being a prime example. She refused to talk to me or my parents on the phone about my mental state at the time, (severe depression) saying she was "too busy." Overall, I would find a different school if possible. No one deserves this kind of education.

I love this school. My son is a sophomore and has had amazing teachers, who are very responsive and involved overall. The principal Ion Deonise is on his 2nd year and doing an outstanding job overseeing the school. With the CREST program on The Center for Research in Engineering, Science, and Technology (CREST) is a specialty program offered at Paradise Valley High School that provides students with the opportunity to study one of three specialized disciplines: biotechnology, computer science, or engineering the school is attracting great academic talent from across Arizona.

I have thoroughly enjoyed substitute teaching at this awesome school. The student body gets along well with one another and are respectful of their teachers. I accomplished a lot of academics when I subbed there. I especially love the block scheduling and teaching upper level Spanish classes. There seems to be a community atmosphere at pv high school.

I LOVE this this high school and the block scheduling! It affords so many more opportunities for students to explore electives while still getting everything they need academically. I have two honors students there and they receive excellent instruction. Their teachers care, and there are many, many after school opportunities. The administration is great and very responsive. Every concern I have ever had has been addressed immediately and to my complete satisfaction. I like that the CTE and Crest programs are there so there is something for every student. The opportunities for academic and life skill exploration are boundless! High School is where kids should be trying on different academic and skill hats to see what fits and PV offers and encourages that. Great job PVHS!

Paradise Valley High School is under new leadership with a great new principal that is very involved in all aspects of the school. I wish that my student would have had all four years with her, she is student and parent friendly. My son graduated with honors, academic scholarships and was a full time student-athlete.

^^^^^^^ lies the admins. is very nice,and helpful. and if you hate them then something is wrong with you because my daughter was a teacher aide and they only treated her with the most,utterly respect anyone could be

My son has had a very successful academic career @ PV. He has played sports and has been involved with the many activities that the high school has to offer. If anyone has a negative comment about the school it is because they are a student that does not put their best interest forward or someone from another school trying to better their school by defining our school by its boundary lines. Nothing could make me happier than to see the real world represented at PV. Young men and women trying to make a great high school experience by having a great education with many veteran teachers that care about the progress of their students.

Last modified Paradise Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.