Bad
Good

The principal and administrative staff are snotty, and have acted in disregard for laws and regulations relative to disciplining my S.P. E.D. student. They stop the boys from bullying my son, but not the girls. The school doesn't have a resident mental health specialist, just a social worker, who they wanted to have provide counseling to my son. He never had behavior problems until he started attending school there. He says they always rush him through everything and that he feels stressed. He's only six. If you check the district website, you can see that the school's "continuous improvement plan" is to hurry the students through everything, to "maximize the time [the school] has with them". Most of the school is low income, and it's pretty clear that much of the staff assumes we must be horrible parents because we are poor. The only one who doesn't talk down to my partner and I is my child's classroom teacher.

This is by far the best school my children have ever attended. The staff is awesome and take the time to get to know the families. There are many family activities throughout the year. For example, in January they have a family skate night at great skate. All of the students get in and skate for free. I have only had to complain once about a bully issue and the school took care of it right away. My kids grades are all a's & b's and if they fall behind the teachers help them get caught up. This school has a great math and reading program.

RIchard E. Miller Elementary School in North Phoenix has employees are not only do their written job, but also the jobs of mentor and parent. The teachers seem genuinely concerned about their students and their academic and emotional development. My daughter's teacher, for example, advises me about ways to have her focus better when she reads.

I just moved to Phoenix from Wisconsin and was so worried about finding an adequate school and one that equaled their excellent school in Milwaukee, WI, and I am very happy with R.E. Miller. My children were so happy their first day of school and we are all satisfied.

I am a parent of 3 and i must say re miller is exceptional in many aspects. The family involvemt is awsome the teachers r great. I truly am proub to be a Firebird parent

REM is a great school. The teachers are wonderful and they give the adequate attention needed to their students

Miller is a wonderful school with a great sense of community. The teachers are wonderful and my children get a fantastic education and have friendships that will last a lifetime. I have been at Miller for 6 years now and would never consider going anywhere else.

My Child has attended RE Miller since Pre-School, and will enter the 4th grade in August. All of his teachers have been supportive and encouraging, and I have no expectations of enrolling him elsewhere. He is excelling academically as well as socially, and even though there have been a few spatters of not so spectacular experiences, this school is still my #1 choice.

Last modified Richard E Miller School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.