Bad
Good

they gave my daughter great education and she is now a very smart child the other students at this school is also very well behaved and just about none of them cuss and those types of things

My children are doing excellent at this school. I just wish there were more afterschool activities at an affordable rate.

My son has trouble in his reading level etc. The teachers and staff work with him and increased his reading grade level 3 grades in this one year alone. He is almost caught up to his level of where he should be. He is likeing to read, more much more then before. They also work with his emotional developement. The complete staff and principal really seem to care with some solid real compassion for him and other children of their school. I am very happy I chose this school for my son, I think you should choose this school too.

I have twins in Mrs. Dexter s preschool program and I couldn t be more pleased with the amazing things she does with her class. She is very patient, kind and has a love for teaching preschoolers with disabilities. She is a natural. Her staff is just as caring and kind. They will all go above and beyond your expectations. It can be a little scary as your preschooler heads off to school but this preschool team will make it the smoothest transitions you could ever imagine. They will be with you every step of the way.

My daughter started kindergarten at this school and I can't tell you how impressed I was with her teacher, Mr. Beatty. She excelled academically and he really taught the foundations you need to start first grade. She is now in first grade and her teacher, Mrs. Forthun is absolutely wonderful! My daughter is doing extremely well again this year and the new principal is very hands on and involved in the school. I love the 'Make Your Day' program because I believe it teaches your child to accept responsibility for their behavior. Overall, I think this school is great and my daughter really enjoys going here.

My son is in kindergarten, and the teacher he had was wonderful! My son sometimes gets off track & is a little hyperactive, but he did very well with the curriculum and was able to stay on task. Very structured curriculum, I like that very much.

WOW! We have been amazed with the relatively new reading specialist at this school. She is brilliant with her work and we have no doubt that she is an expert when it comes to reading assessment and instruction. She works with so many different grade levels and various needs and she sure knows what the kids need. Her knowledge and ability to apply it has been so impressive; she effectively teaches phonics, comprehension, and even uses all sorts of graphic organizers to work on writing with the students. She is a great addition to this school and one who brings professionalism, expertise, and a heart for youth to make this school even better than ever!

Sunset Canyon is one of the best schools for special education. The team is very well organizied, knowledgable, understanding, and compassionate about what they do. I would highly recomment the Special Education program!!! Mr. Voll is one of the best principals we have had so far. He is understanding and willing to go above an beyond to support his teachers and guide the students. Make your Day is a great Behavior Strategy and is effective.

I switched my daughter to this school at the beginning of the school year from a charter school. The differences are like night and day. The resources at Sunset Canyon are light years ahead of the charter school. I love that my daughter can go to the fully staffed and stocked library and check out books daily. I love that Sunset Canyon has a fully staffed and equipped computer lab that my daughter can work in. Mr. Voll, the principal, and my daughter's third grade teacher, Mrs. Keegan both ROCK!!!!! They are awesome. They both make themselves available for communication whenever I need it. My daughter is doing very well academically and socially and I attribute that to the approach of the school. Sunset Canyon emphasizes the involvement of the school, teacher and parents for the success of the students and it is working! Thank-you Sunset Canyon!

I have three children that attend/ed Sunset Canyon and I love the education that my children are receiving. I feel the Core Knowledge curriculum is wonderful and my kids come home telling me all about their day and what they learned. The teachers I have had interaction with have been great and I feel like they enjoy their school and administration. I do feel that the duty aides do need some guidance in caring for the children and the front staff could use some people skills in dealing with the parents. Overall a great school and I enjoy and am proud of being a Sunset Canyon parent

Last modified Sunset Canyon School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.