Bad
Good

My son has been truly blessed in attending Sunset Canyon Elementary; since first grade to 6th this year. The staff is very caring and kind, and the teachers are fantastic and very hard working, truly care about your child's education. I would not hesitate considering this school for your child. Mr Franks is the best. My son has flourished at this school. Thank you Sunset Canyon teachers and staff for 6 great years.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

I have never had a issue with bullying

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Principal Franks is the best leader I have seen in any PV school

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

A+ Teachers make all the difference in this school

they gave my daughter great education and she is now a very smart child the other students at this school is also very well behaved and just about none of them cuss and those types of things

My children are doing excellent at this school. I just wish there were more afterschool activities at an affordable rate.

My son has trouble in his reading level etc. The teachers and staff work with him and increased his reading grade level 3 grades in this one year alone. He is almost caught up to his level of where he should be. He is likeing to read, more much more then before. They also work with his emotional developement. The complete staff and principal really seem to care with some solid real compassion for him and other children of their school. I am very happy I chose this school for my son, I think you should choose this school too.

I have twins in Mrs. Dexter s preschool program and I couldn t be more pleased with the amazing things she does with her class. She is very patient, kind and has a love for teaching preschoolers with disabilities. She is a natural. Her staff is just as caring and kind. They will all go above and beyond your expectations. It can be a little scary as your preschooler heads off to school but this preschool team will make it the smoothest transitions you could ever imagine. They will be with you every step of the way.

My daughter started kindergarten at this school and I can't tell you how impressed I was with her teacher, Mr. Beatty. She excelled academically and he really taught the foundations you need to start first grade. She is now in first grade and her teacher, Mrs. Forthun is absolutely wonderful! My daughter is doing extremely well again this year and the new principal is very hands on and involved in the school. I love the 'Make Your Day' program because I believe it teaches your child to accept responsibility for their behavior. Overall, I think this school is great and my daughter really enjoys going here.

My son is in kindergarten, and the teacher he had was wonderful! My son sometimes gets off track & is a little hyperactive, but he did very well with the curriculum and was able to stay on task. Very structured curriculum, I like that very much.

Last modified Sunset Canyon School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.