Public charter
Phoenix, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted December 18, 2014
As a parent, I have tried reaching out to the school leadership ample times to no avail. I have sent notes, left messages, stopped by the office wanting to talk about my concerns in private, and I am simply ignored. This is about my child, which is the most important and his success as a student. I thought it would be this school's top priority as well. I'm not only frustrated that he continues to fall through the cracks, but I'm clearly upset. From the school's prospective, he may not be falling through cracks, but the lack of communication, I cannot even get an answer back.

Posted November 30, 2014
My daughter has attended Ridgeland academy since it opened. I cannot say enough good things about the school and staff. The class sizes are kept low. I have always been impressed by the focus on education. I love the curriculum. The teachers are all so caring. bullying is not tolerated and they mean it. the books are new.the local public school has books that are 7-15 years old and falling apart. technology is barely used . Ridgeline has a huge focus on being high tech. Starting next school year kids will be issued take let's with all reading and textbooks.already installed. We have sports and all sorts of other great groups you will see a huge change for the better if you child attends Ridgeline. Love love love Ridgeline. now we just need a HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!

Posted July 25, 2014
Son loves it there. They r proactive in positive relationships from the start whether bullying, repairing friendships, grades , creating confidence to maintain strong inner/outer being, and promoting leadership &recognition. They teach reason, confidence, morals, and how to work things out on their own for life encounters . Mom won't always be there to protect them. I love the strength, courage, &onfidence they've given my son and the comfort I have that when I pick him up he's going to say he had a good day and not cry. Staff "team" create confident happy learning environment for the kids. Yay booster club! Nice to attend school events after work. I don't miss son programs any more because they r held with the working parents in mind The kids like positive structure. They like having a fun principal that is serious when it comes time to be serious and that is fun loving and caring too. This is important for children's success and desire to learn, maintain ethics &develop good natured character. Principals/ teachers get the kids attention, respect/ friendship -are able to get the kids to listen and care about their future.

Posted July 25, 2014
If you're reading comments about bullying - know that it was all in one classroom with one bunch of kids last year. We have had two kids at Ridgeline going on 3 years now. We have NEVER seen any bullying first hand. My kids are both happy to go to school. Ridgeline is a new school and we have seen improvements in policies and staff every year. I'm confident that 2014-15 will be a strong year for Ridgeline and our kids.

Ridgeline Academy 2

Posted June 29, 2014
The "leadership" of this school is an absolute joke. The director would rather be the "cool guy" than do his job in an effective and professional manner. Bullying is widespread and is never addressed when brought to the attention of the school director. I never thought I would say this but the local public school provides a safer environment. Think twice before choosing Ridgeline.

Posted June 23, 2014
This school lacks a school wide discipline plan and leadership. The special ed department could be more effective.

Ridgeline Academy 4

Posted June 04, 2014
Ridgeline is a GREAT school in the Anthem/ Tramonto/ Desert Hills area. The Teachers are very dedicated. The Staff is personable, friendly and helpful to kids and Parents alike. The Principal is a GREAT FIND! He cares about his students and it REALLY shows. The Vice Principal and his staff are Awesome. The Booster Club is a GREAT Group and Really Cares about the school. My kids have been challenged in their studies and have benefited from that. A wonderful school I see it only Improving!

Posted June 03, 2014
In the year and a half that my children have attended Ridgeline Academy, I have seen remarkable growth coupled with tremendous joy and excitement about attending school. Academically, they have both developed so much. The Core Knowledge curriculum means that, while in different grades, my children are learning about some of the same things at the same time (at a level appropriate for each). Listening to them chat about things like the Underground Railroad, Lincoln's assassination and ancient Egypt in the backseat of the car is pretty fun! PLUS, they're learning a foreign language from kindergarten and up. That alone puts them so far ahead of other kids. Beyond that, they are loved, cared for and respected by the entire staff at Ridgeline. Not only do their immediate teachers know and love them, other staff and teachers throughout the school demonstrate that same attention. This is a small school with small class sizes, an intimate teaching environment and a strong commitment to excellence in both academics and character. I'm a very happy parent and can't wait to see what's to come!

Posted June 02, 2014
Lack of discipline. Teachers leaving midyear and not being allowed back on last day. Some things never change, and this school is one of those. History continues to repeat itself.

Posted April 30, 2014
This is our second year and we are extremely happy with Ridgeline and the teachers. Parent participating is welcomed as well!

Ridgeline Academy
33625 N. North Valley Pkwy., Phoenix, AZ  85085
Last modified Ridgeline Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgeline Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top