Public charter
Phoenix, AZ

Posted January 22, 2015
My wife and I are so happy we chose to send our son to Ridgeline and we feel fortunate to get him in as there was a long waiting list for enrollment. There are a lot of good school choices in the area, but we decided to send our son to Ridgeline largely because of the smaller class and school size and it was relatively close to our home. We have gotten so much more than we expected from this school and have had nothing but a great experience. The staff, from teachers to administrators, is extremely friendly and passionate about their students. His teacher challenges him academically in ways that are unique to him. He is happy and is enjoying his learning experience. For any prospective parent considering Ridgeline I can tell you that if you are looking to place your child in a school with a strong sense of community this is the place for your child. The support for the students from parents to teachers and administrative staff is impressive.

Posted January 06, 2015
Ridgeline academy is an incredible school. The teachers are so dedicated. You also will never see more then 25 kids in a class. Over the last 3 years my daughter has attended there have been 11, 18 then 22. The have a great athletics program for middle school kids. Bullying is not tolerated. In our case my daughted had already been in advanced placement classes previously. That is also recognized at ridgeline. They also do as many classes as possible using high tech. Next year many classes will be using laptops to read and study. My daughter loves it there and is always talking about going to HS there. The support from receptionist to principle is unlike anywhere I have seen. We are so greatful for finding this school. Its about time a school in AZ could be compared to a school in another state. I wouldnt even look at any public school in AZ.
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 30, 2014
Both my kids attend Ridgeline and we couldn't have found a better home. When do you walk in and meet your child's principal, current and future teachers in the same visit - Let alone that the teachers put every waking hours into these kids. The 4th grade teacher at the time, is also the Dj, music special effects specialist and sports coach. When do you see every teacher coaching and developing your kid- in school and after school? Real after school programs with sports or art or math club. Where can you go to find a small knit school with a limit of 20 kindergartners, or 25 1st graders?.. Almost all public and private schools run their classes with 30+ sometime 35-40 students. Your child can't learn that way in a crowded environment. So we have some time on our hands. Other schools have functioned unsuccessfully their first 3 years, but ours has excelled. It can only get better in the hands of Mr. Barker. Ridgeline's favorite principal who puts his heart and soul into these kids. Think about your child's future and consider the positives.

Ridgeline Academy 1

Posted December 18, 2014
As a parent, I have tried reaching out to the school leadership ample times to no avail. I have sent notes, left messages, stopped by the office wanting to talk about my concerns in private, and I am simply ignored. This is about my child, which is the most important and his success as a student. I thought it would be this school's top priority as well. I'm not only frustrated that he continues to fall through the cracks, but I'm clearly upset. From the school's prospective, he may not be falling through cracks, but the lack of communication, I cannot even get an answer back.
4 people found this helpful

Posted July 25, 2014
Son loves it there. They r proactive in positive relationships from the start whether bullying, repairing friendships, grades , creating confidence to maintain strong inner/outer being, and promoting leadership &recognition. They teach reason, confidence, morals, and how to work things out on their own for life encounters . Mom won't always be there to protect them. I love the strength, courage, &onfidence they've given my son and the comfort I have that when I pick him up he's going to say he had a good day and not cry. Staff "team" create confident happy learning environment for the kids. Yay booster club! Nice to attend school events after work. I don't miss son programs any more because they r held with the working parents in mind The kids like positive structure. They like having a fun principal that is serious when it comes time to be serious and that is fun loving and caring too. This is important for children's success and desire to learn, maintain ethics &develop good natured character. Principals/ teachers get the kids attention, respect/ friendship -are able to get the kids to listen and care about their future.

Posted July 25, 2014
If you're reading comments about bullying - know that it was all in one classroom with one bunch of kids last year. We have had two kids at Ridgeline going on 3 years now. We have NEVER seen any bullying first hand. My kids are both happy to go to school. Ridgeline is a new school and we have seen improvements in policies and staff every year. I'm confident that 2014-15 will be a strong year for Ridgeline and our kids.

Ridgeline Academy 2

Posted June 29, 2014
The "leadership" of this school is an absolute joke. The director would rather be the "cool guy" than do his job in an effective and professional manner. Bullying is widespread and is never addressed when brought to the attention of the school director. I never thought I would say this but the local public school provides a safer environment. Think twice before choosing Ridgeline.
5 people found this helpful

Ridgeline Academy 1

Posted June 23, 2014
This school lacks a school wide discipline plan and leadership. The special ed department could be more effective.
6 people found this helpful

Ridgeline Academy 4

Posted June 04, 2014
Ridgeline is a GREAT school in the Anthem/ Tramonto/ Desert Hills area. The Teachers are very dedicated. The Staff is personable, friendly and helpful to kids and Parents alike. The Principal is a GREAT FIND! He cares about his students and it REALLY shows. The Vice Principal and his staff are Awesome. The Booster Club is a GREAT Group and Really Cares about the school. My kids have been challenged in their studies and have benefited from that. A wonderful school I see it only Improving!

Posted June 03, 2014
In the year and a half that my children have attended Ridgeline Academy, I have seen remarkable growth coupled with tremendous joy and excitement about attending school. Academically, they have both developed so much. The Core Knowledge curriculum means that, while in different grades, my children are learning about some of the same things at the same time (at a level appropriate for each). Listening to them chat about things like the Underground Railroad, Lincoln's assassination and ancient Egypt in the backseat of the car is pretty fun! PLUS, they're learning a foreign language from kindergarten and up. That alone puts them so far ahead of other kids. Beyond that, they are loved, cared for and respected by the entire staff at Ridgeline. Not only do their immediate teachers know and love them, other staff and teachers throughout the school demonstrate that same attention. This is a small school with small class sizes, an intimate teaching environment and a strong commitment to excellence in both academics and character. I'm a very happy parent and can't wait to see what's to come!

Ridgeline Academy
33625 N. North Valley Pkwy., Phoenix, AZ  85085
Last modified Ridgeline Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgeline Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top