Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 04, 2016
Mr. Barker is a kind and caring principal, He's open to ideas and feedback, cares very much about the students, and helps create a positive energy that is contagious.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 04, 2016
I am not a fan of homework. In 3rd grade, we typically have about 20-30 minutes a night, which I would consider average.

Posted February 04, 2016
Ridgeline isn't simply a school. It is a community where teachers, parents, and administration work together to create a fun environment for learning and building friendships. We've been at Ridgeline for 4 years. Every teacher has been excellent. Events and extra-curricular programs get better and better. We love our school.

Posted August 20, 2015
No communication. Made my son carry a heavy backpack around with so called required supplies that he never used. I had to pay to see my own children perform and felt like I was getting a sales pitch from the music teacher every time. Money is not appropriated in the right areas. Teachers do not have to be certified to teach here. Less qualified.

Posted May 06, 2015
My daughter currently in 5th has attended since it opened. I love the importance on education. I like the smaller classes. They are very hi tech savvy and are headed ij the right direction. Mr. Barker the principal is incredible with the kids and makes sure he know all there names. He is the reason that it is a great community. The only bad thing I would have to say is I cant stand that that my daughter has to walk home with a 50lb backpack. I wish they had lockers so they could keep stuff not using and not haul it around. Common core sucks but I think most agree with that. Regardless the education and individual attention is unheard of today.I wouldnt even consider a public school unless you're looking for.a daycare. This school is awesome and gets better each year.

Posted February 19, 2015
This is our second year at this school and the follow through from the top down is horrible. I have asked to be part of my children's education, thinking this is not a tall order, but I do not hear back. I have sent quick emails inquiring about certain things, attach notes to papers and send back and have left voice mails. I have been told to keep track online, which is a very handy tool in which I try to do nightly. However, the issue there is that typically it is not current!

Posted February 19, 2015
This is our second year at this school and the follow through from the top down is horrible. I send my children to school everyday and it is very difficult to get updates on their progress. I have been advised to keep track on line, which would certainly be a handy tool, but it is never current! When I send emails, written notes or leave voice mails, it is like pulling teeth to get a response back. I realize everybody is busy, but sending a quick note to a parent just to let them know they will touch base on a certain day/time would be nice.

Posted February 19, 2015
Our 3rd year here and we love it. The staff is incredible! The curriculum is by far more advanced than another child I know who goes to pv school district. The Spirit and energy and great people keep us here!

Posted January 22, 2015
My wife and I are so happy we chose to send our son to Ridgeline and we feel fortunate to get him in as there was a long waiting list for enrollment. There are a lot of good school choices in the area, but we decided to send our son to Ridgeline largely because of the smaller class and school size and it was relatively close to our home. We have gotten so much more than we expected from this school and have had nothing but a great experience. The staff, from teachers to administrators, is extremely friendly and passionate about their students. His teacher challenges him academically in ways that are unique to him. He is happy and is enjoying his learning experience. For any prospective parent considering Ridgeline I can tell you that if you are looking to place your child in a school with a strong sense of community this is the place for your child. The support for the students from parents to teachers and administrative staff is impressive.

Posted December 30, 2014
Both my kids attend Ridgeline and we couldn't have found a better home. When do you walk in and meet your child's principal, current and future teachers in the same visit - Let alone that the teachers put every waking hours into these kids. The 4th grade teacher at the time, is also the Dj, music special effects specialist and sports coach. When do you see every teacher coaching and developing your kid- in school and after school? Real after school programs with sports or art or math club. Where can you go to find a small knit school with a limit of 20 kindergartners, or 25 1st graders?.. Almost all public and private schools run their classes with 30+ sometime 35-40 students. Your child can't learn that way in a crowded environment. So we have some time on our hands. Other schools have functioned unsuccessfully their first 3 years, but ours has excelled. It can only get better in the hands of Mr. Barker. Ridgeline's favorite principal who puts his heart and soul into these kids. Think about your child's future and consider the positives.

33625 N. North Valley Pkwy., Phoenix, AZ  85085
Last modified Ridgeline Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ridgeline Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 76 reviews. Top