9-12|Private
1,165 students

Bad
Good

I just graduated from Xavier and I can tell you I disliked the school my entire 4 years there. If I could have left I would have. The school taught me nothing. Absolutely nothing yet I had 4-5 hours of homework a night. This school is made to cater to children with rich parents who can drop anything at a drop of a dime not kids with working parents. I am not catholic and though this is a catholic school, the way they taught religion was repulsive. The teachers were terrible. I have about 3 teachers I actually liked over the entire 4 years. The teachers were horrendous and made girls cry. 95 percent of the students were carbon copies. Caucasian, blonde, athletic and rich. Only now are they starting to add more minorities but when I was a freshman there were hardly any. Save yourself the money, your children their tears, and send your kids somewhere else.

Some of the student reviews complain that this school does not provide a good education or that its too easy. However, I believe that a girl's experience of Xavier relies at least somewhat on their decisions and what they make of their time at school overall. I am currently a freshman and I was not disappointed at the difficulty of the classes. I think that this may be because a good portion of my classes are honors or advanced placement. At the middle school which I used to attend, I had a 4.0 GPA and I was bored in all of my classes. Now I am consistently engaged in class and I have a feeling of fulfillment after I complete the several hours worth of homework which I was assigned. I can say without hesitation that all of my teachers seem to care about the students and how they are doing both academically and socially. I have neither had any problems with bullying, nor do I know anyone who has been bullied.

This is an excellent school! We have one child there and one who graduated last year who is thriving in college due to what she learned at this school! I highly recommend this school!

This school weighs heavily the amount of money a parent can donate. Their children do have advantages over others. The principal has been there 50 years and while stability is a good thing, things are stuck in a rut. She doesn't even have an email address that parents can send emails to. Everything has to go through her secretary and often times things are "lost." Look at the reviews below, things are getting worse as the years go by. There are many disappointing reviews in the most recent years. If you are considering Xavier, I would ask to see their attendance records. I know that for my daughter's class, they started out with about 325 and maybe 250 graduated (i think the actual number was lower). That's over a 25% loss in enrollment. To me that signifies a big problem. If you have a child who is struggling do not assume that because you are at a religious school that anything will be done to help them. This includes severe bullying etc. Parent involvement is very high. Most of the families are wonderful, it is a shame that the school's leadership doesn't support these girls as they should. Brophy is a great example of positive leadership.

I have always believed that academics are most important. If you want a better social life or better athletics this would be a school for you. However, Xavier is not good at challenging students and making them thrive academically. Girls go here when they want to be popular or be recruited for sports, not because they want to go to a top name school and learn. If you want an easy A with no challenge; this is your school. If you want to learn and have to work hard; go somewhere else!

If you say it's the worst school, then don't go there. You complain that they are harsh if you're not Catholic. The School is called a Roman Catholic High School for a reason. Almost everyone there is Catholic. If your not Catholic, then learn to read and don't go to a Catholic school. It's as simple as that.

I went into Xavier expecting the most amazing school, how wrong I was. I am a 4.0 GPA student and I found the academics were nothing special, I actually believe I got stupider in some of my classes because of how uninteresting the teachers make it. These disinterested teachers kept their bored students occupied with mindless busy work. The teachers were probably the most cold and wicked people I have ever met. Yes, I said wicked, a number of the teachers would make students cry every day. The discipline was unfair and harsh. The faculty have no idea what it is like to to be a teenage girl and they feel the only way to deal with misbehavior is endless detentions. If you are not Catholic, get ready for it to be shoved down your throat. Unless you agree with every single thing that the Catholic Church says or does, keep your mouth shut. No First Amendment rights here. Xavier only relies on their reputation, which is long gone. Save your money and go anywhere else.

There are not enough words to express how wonderful this school is and the impact it has on the young women that attend. The school has a culture of excellence and the students want to succeed. Yes, the tuition is a factor but in the long run, so worth it. Almost every graduate receives some form of scholarship for college tuition so the investment in the Xavier education is a no brainer. Xavier has a long track record for producing confident and intelligent young women. If you are looking for a school for your daughter, this is the best one out there.

My daughter entered last year as a freshman coming from a public middle school. What a difference! How can a straight 'A' - Principals list student in the public sector be so far behind? There is not much accountability in the public school - they teach you to pass the AIMs test. At XCP they teach you critical thinking - that is the big difference. The teachers at XCP have been fabulous in working with her to bring her to grade level. She has met incredible friends that she'll have for life. She love's XCP as do I!!

I agree wholeheartedly that this is an amazing school. However, I am really disappointed with the teachers' organization with grading. Although my daughter has managed straight A's all year, there were many times when she was left wondering about grades for assignments. The freshman counselor is no help at all. The kids and community are wonderful. Teachers are good, but I wish they would be more accountable as they expect the kids to be. Taking weeks to grade a presentation is ridiculous, and posting a grade online without any feedback is just silly. What happened to teachers returning papers with feedback? And although we donate to CTODP, we did not get any funds last year & received no scholarship. I cannot see donating to CTODP any more since my kids never get any funds in return. If a straight A student cannot get a scholarship, then who can?

Last modified Xavier College Preparatory High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12