9-12|Private
1,165 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

We had a bullying incident which the school handled appropriately.

Supports LD students: Neutral

My kids did well without help, so I do not know if they help kids with difficulty.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The leadership only cares if you have money.

Develops character: Agree

For the most part, I think the kids were respectful at this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Most teachers take too long to grade work and give no feedback.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

The school's approach to homework is quantity and not quality.

I have two daughters who went to XCP. If you are wealthy or poor, this is a great school and the staff will treat you kindly. The nuns go out of their way to talk to the wealthy parents. One of my daughter's friends was from a wealthy family. One of the nuns would approach her group to ask her how she was doing and ignore all of the other "middle class" girls. Wealthy parents can afford the school and can have friends donate to AZ Scholarship so their kids can go to the school for free. If you're poor, the tuition is free. Middle class? You get nothing. We spent about $3,000 a month sending two kids here at a time and did not qualify for financial assistance. That's fine, but stop asking me to donate when you never once gave us a discount. We were fortunate to be able to afford the tuition most of the time, but there were a few times when we were late on a payment. The harassing phone calls were horrible, but the way they humiliate the kids if their parents are a little behind is absolutely not Christian. Kind of ironic! Some teachers are great, but often my kids complained that the teachers just presented Powerpoints which were readily available online from Google. The level of classes available was not rigorous. If your kid ends up in a challenging college, they will find that their XCP education had lots of holes. If you want the more rigorous classes, you need to go next door to BCP. Sad that they save the rigorous curriculum for the boys next door. What century are we in? Sports are more important than academics.

I just graduated from Xavier and I can tell you I disliked the school my entire 4 years there. If I could have left I would have. The school taught me nothing. Absolutely nothing yet I had 4-5 hours of homework a night. This school is made to cater to children with rich parents who can drop anything at a drop of a dime not kids with working parents. I am not catholic and though this is a catholic school, the way they taught religion was repulsive. The teachers were terrible. I have about 3 teachers I actually liked over the entire 4 years. The teachers were horrendous and made girls cry. 95 percent of the students were carbon copies. Caucasian, blonde, athletic and rich. Only now are they starting to add more minorities but when I was a freshman there were hardly any. Save yourself the money, your children their tears, and send your kids somewhere else.

Some of the student reviews complain that this school does not provide a good education or that its too easy. However, I believe that a girl's experience of Xavier relies at least somewhat on their decisions and what they make of their time at school overall. I am currently a freshman and I was not disappointed at the difficulty of the classes. I think that this may be because a good portion of my classes are honors or advanced placement. At the middle school which I used to attend, I had a 4.0 GPA and I was bored in all of my classes. Now I am consistently engaged in class and I have a feeling of fulfillment after I complete the several hours worth of homework which I was assigned. I can say without hesitation that all of my teachers seem to care about the students and how they are doing both academically and socially. I have neither had any problems with bullying, nor do I know anyone who has been bullied.

This is an excellent school! We have one child there and one who graduated last year who is thriving in college due to what she learned at this school! I highly recommend this school!

Last modified Xavier College Preparatory High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12