Phoenix, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,165

Xavier College Preparatory High School 1

Posted December 09, 2014
This school weighs heavily the amount of money a parent can donate. Their children do have advantages over others. The principal has been there 50 years and while stability is a good thing, things are stuck in a rut. She doesn't even have an email address that parents can send emails to. Everything has to go through her secretary and often times things are "lost." Look at the reviews below, things are getting worse as the years go by. There are many disappointing reviews in the most recent years. If you are considering Xavier, I would ask to see their attendance records. I know that for my daughter's class, they started out with about 325 and maybe 250 graduated (i think the actual number was lower). That's over a 25% loss in enrollment. To me that signifies a big problem. If you have a child who is struggling do not assume that because you are at a religious school that anything will be done to help them. This includes severe bullying etc. Parent involvement is very high. Most of the families are wonderful, it is a shame that the school's leadership doesn't support these girls as they should. Brophy is a great example of positive leadership.

Xavier College Preparatory High School 2

Posted February 23, 2014
I have always believed that academics are most important. If you want a better social life or better athletics this would be a school for you. However, Xavier is not good at challenging students and making them thrive academically. Girls go here when they want to be popular or be recruited for sports, not because they want to go to a top name school and learn. If you want an easy A with no challenge; this is your school. If you want to learn and have to work hard; go somewhere else!

Xavier College Preparatory High School 4

Posted September 06, 2013
If you say it's the worst school, then don't go there. You complain that they are harsh if you're not Catholic. The School is called a Roman Catholic High School for a reason. Almost everyone there is Catholic. If your not Catholic, then learn to read and don't go to a Catholic school. It's as simple as that.

Xavier College Preparatory High School 1

Posted June 26, 2012
I went into Xavier expecting the most amazing school, how wrong I was. I am a 4.0 GPA student and I found the academics were nothing special, I actually believe I got stupider in some of my classes because of how uninteresting the teachers make it. These disinterested teachers kept their bored students occupied with mindless busy work. The teachers were probably the most cold and wicked people I have ever met. Yes, I said wicked, a number of the teachers would make students cry every day. The discipline was unfair and harsh. The faculty have no idea what it is like to to be a teenage girl and they feel the only way to deal with misbehavior is endless detentions. If you are not Catholic, get ready for it to be shoved down your throat. Unless you agree with every single thing that the Catholic Church says or does, keep your mouth shut. No First Amendment rights here. Xavier only relies on their reputation, which is long gone. Save your money and go anywhere else.

Posted August 12, 2011
There are not enough words to express how wonderful this school is and the impact it has on the young women that attend. The school has a culture of excellence and the students want to succeed. Yes, the tuition is a factor but in the long run, so worth it. Almost every graduate receives some form of scholarship for college tuition so the investment in the Xavier education is a no brainer. Xavier has a long track record for producing confident and intelligent young women. If you are looking for a school for your daughter, this is the best one out there.

Posted April 28, 2011
My daughter entered last year as a freshman coming from a public middle school. What a difference! How can a straight 'A' - Principals list student in the public sector be so far behind? There is not much accountability in the public school - they teach you to pass the AIMs test. At XCP they teach you critical thinking - that is the big difference. The teachers at XCP have been fabulous in working with her to bring her to grade level. She has met incredible friends that she'll have for life. She love's XCP as do I!!

Xavier College Preparatory High School 4

Posted May 15, 2010
I agree wholeheartedly that this is an amazing school. However, I am really disappointed with the teachers' organization with grading. Although my daughter has managed straight A's all year, there were many times when she was left wondering about grades for assignments. The freshman counselor is no help at all. The kids and community are wonderful. Teachers are good, but I wish they would be more accountable as they expect the kids to be. Taking weeks to grade a presentation is ridiculous, and posting a grade online without any feedback is just silly. What happened to teachers returning papers with feedback? And although we donate to CTODP, we did not get any funds last year & received no scholarship. I cannot see donating to CTODP any more since my kids never get any funds in return. If a straight A student cannot get a scholarship, then who can?

Posted October 14, 2009

Posted September 07, 2009
One of the greatest regrets of my life is leaving Xavier after my junior year. All of these reviews say it best, it is the best high school in Arizona. The teachers are great, the academics prepare students for college, and my faith was built so much there. Even with leaving a year early, I am still graduating college in 3 years.

Posted June 23, 2009
This is an amazing school. You walk away with so much knowledge and understanding of tour peers and the world. This school is like a tight knot family where everyone cares about eachother, even if they did not know them. My experience at Xavier has been more than what I thought it would be. I love it there!!

Xavier College Preparatory High School
4710 North 5th Street, Phoenix, AZ  85012
Last modified Xavier College Preparatory High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Xavier College Preparatory High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top