Accelerated Learning Center

Charter | 9-12 | 210 students

Living in Phoenix

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $190,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Sweep tile

Posted May 29, 2013

My daughter transferred to ALC after being bullied for a year at Boulder Creek (a public high school). It was the best decision I ever made. She graduated from ALC this spring and will be going to Maricopa Community Colleges this fall. ALC classes are small and students work at their own pace, which is especially helpful for those who have learning disabilities. The Administration, teachers, and staff are extremely supportive, but very firm. This is a great school, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Posted February 8, 2010

My younger daughter graduated from ALC and is now a senior at ASU. She is an honor student with a 4.1 grade average. She was in danger of not graduating from high school at all but because of the extra attention she received from the teachers and their willingness to accept her unique approach to learning she did graduate. She is now a few months aways from a college degree. ALC not only gave her the academic tools she needed to be successful but also the confidence to continue her education. Taking her to ALC was one of our best decisions.

Posted October 15, 2009

All 4 of my kids attended alc...3 Have graduated and one graduates this year. If it were not for this school my girls would have given up a long time ago due to the lack of one on one time in public schools. The staff at alc mrs keppler and dr canady and mr hadad are wonderful and they really take the time to get to know each student individually and they really care about their direction in life and they support them 110% in everything they do!!! keep up the great work alc i will keep recommending your wonderful school to everyone i talk to!! thank you cuozzo/schmit/hockman family!

Posted June 10, 2009

My daughter attended ALC and is now a senior as ASU. Her best friend who also attended ALC is now in the Air Force. For the young man who could not get into military, maybe you should look at other factors. ALC certainly was a step forward for my daughter and her friend - not a stumbling block.

Posted June 8, 2009

My son attended ALC during his Junior/Senior year and graduated with a Presidential Academic award. The experience turned his life around, gave him confidence in himself and this made all the difference. He went from in danger of dropping out to wanting to attend college this fall. Some students just need individual attention in a smaller environment to succeed. ALC's committment to student achievement is what made all the difference, thanks for everything. Also your graduations are the best by far - much better than the public schools in town.

Posted June 5, 2009

I am a former ALC student. I have graduated from ASU as a nurse. I was prepared in every way due to my high school education. ALC let me explore my areas of interest as electives. I was unable to do this at my former school. I will always be indebted to ALC and the teachers. Love you all!

Posted May 16, 2009

I was a former student who attended this school my junior and senior year of high school. I graduated in '07 and i regret every second of being at this run-of-the-mill 'go at your own pace' school. I recently attempted to join the military applying myself to the marine corps and was brutally shot down. Recruitors told me that this is a 'Tier 2' education and i am facing repeating 11th and 12th grade at the age of 20 due to the fact that i attended ALC. 'Accelerated'......I've never heard a more cruel joke.

Posted March 17, 2009

My child would never have finished high school without the professional educators at Accelerated Learning Center. They really cared about MY child. Thank you ALC

Posted January 22, 2009

I Loved! ALC!! im now graduated, ALC put me on a very good path! i am currently a Nurseing Student, i know i would not be where i am without the positive encourgemnt from all the staff at ALC! they inspired all students that they were worth it, and they were not going to give up on us! Thank You ALC!

Posted January 22, 2009

My child did so well at this school! We are truly appreciative of its exallance in teaching and inspireing students that they can do better!

Posted October 28, 2008

ALC is a quality school the teachers are excellent they really want all the students to excell. They treat everyone with the respect and truly care about them. I am so impressed with all the staff there. When I was waiting in the office it was so refreshing to see how Dr. Canady, Mrs. keppler and Mr Hadad interact with all the kids and I could tell all the students really liked and respected them. My son has done extremely well at ALC and I would highly recommend the school. I was talking to him about all the staff that works there and how great they are and he agreed with me and really respects them. Thanks for all you do and all the conversations that you take time to have with my son he always shares them with me and I know they make a difference. Thank you so much!

Posted June 17, 2008

I just read the other reviews and have to agree and then some. When Mrs. Keppler called today and ask how we as parents felt about the quality of education at ALC. I immediatley replied Wonderful. Well that was not one of the choices but excellent was. My student went from 2 credits to 10 credits in one year and his faith in himself is now remarkable. ALC instills such confidence in their students that the change in them is almost visable to the naked eye. Mrs. Keppler always has time to listen and makes me feel like she and the school she represents really care about these kids. I know my son just loves her and Dr. Canady along with a truly wodnerful staff. Thank you ALC..

Posted May 27, 2008

Our son recently (last week) graduated from ALC in Phoenix, AZ. We could not be more pleased with the personal time/attention that each educator took with our son. They each genuinely cared about his success and were willing to work with his needs and abilities. The administration was always available to us by phone or in person. At the graduation ceremony we felt that we were looking at responsible young adults on their way to college, careers or the work force. The size of the school (less than 300) impressed me because almost 40 years ago I graduated from a class of over 600 students. ALC has been operating successfully for eleven (11) years and has a great relationship with its immediate community. It is a 'can do' school that promotes that attitude with any student who is willing to put forth the effort to succeed.

Posted April 10, 2008

I notice that there has been some time since these reviews. This school is still a positive experience for these kids. My daughter has learned there for this past year. We are very happpy. The office staff are a joy to speak with. The kids are happy to be there and can see the purpose behind it. This school is a great asset to our community. Thank you

Posted December 20, 2007

We pulled our daughter out of the other school because she wasn't learning and it was so impersonal. She was mad at first but now she is happy. She is graduating early and going into the USAF in March. We are so happy with the way she has excelled since starting here. We really appreciate the staff. She just loves Mrs. Keppler. We would recommend this school to anyone who has a student needing help. This has been a positive experience. Thankyou staff of ALC. from the Porr House

Posted December 28, 2006

My Daughter started attending this school her Sophomore year and immediately gained the self confidence she lacked from attending public schools. She went from a 2.0 average to a 3.5 average her first year. She is doing excellent work and looks forward to college. She loves all of her teachers, Mrs Keppler, as well as Dr Canady! So do we!! We are so grateful to all of the staff!!

Posted July 29, 2005

This was the best school I had ever attended. I felt very comfortable and at ease. I learned more at ALC than I learned at any other school. They cared about my academic needs on an individual basis. I thank them for that and Dr. Canady was the greatest principal, he didn't judge us like most people did, and the teachers were also awesome!!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted March 24, 2004

My daughter attended ALC as a sophmore. She liked her teachers and liked the fact that there was no wasted time. She was there to get her education and not be social. She was impressed with the fact that the principal remembered her name and called her by name all the time.

Math

The state average for Math was 62% in 2013.

n/a

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

11 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

11 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meets or exceeds

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing".

Source: Arizona Department of Education

Asian 0% 3%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

4105 East Shea Blvd.