Madison Traditional Academy

Public | K-8

Posted July 28, 2011

I had high expectations of Madison Traditional but unfortunately I found it to be very disappointing!

Posted May 6, 2011

We are disappointed in MTA this year. Last year (4th grade) was fabulous. This year the kids began changing classes & have multiple teachers. As a general rule the teachers believe that at this age (11) kids should be solely responsible for their schoolwork, They are resistant to following even the school's stated policies for reporting required or missing work to parents and forget trying to handle makeup in some classes. It often takes several days for an email response from a teacher. I fear we had lost signifcant academic ground with our child

Posted November 28, 2010

Perhaps MTA has improved since my child was there. I had prioncipals from 3 different schools review my child's records when I was told to retain. They all called and said there was no way they would retain! The previous Director (do they call it Pricipal now?) was part of the problem as she would not confront the bullies, who were her friend's children. She resigned. Disgraceful that a teacher and Principal ruined a child's year of school. It was confirmed by another parent I didn't even know!! I guess money talks.......

Posted November 10, 2010

We moved into this school this past week and I can tell you that I am thrilled about the responsiveness of all of the staff and also the manner in which the principal leads this school . My daughter is a bright girl who is Bi-racial (black and white)and I must say my concerns about the articles here regarding the racisim at this school were totally alleviated when we met the staff and students...there is ALOT of teacher involvement and parents are very active. My daughter has NEVER been challenged like she has a MTA. I am excited she has this opportunity to attend this school -Ignore that comment about there not being a mixed ethnicity in this school -there are children of all races ! This school is located in an area which is in a mostly white neighborhood..its not the schools fault! Anyway 2 thumbs MTA YOU ROCK

Posted October 10, 2010

Accelerated curriculum, involved parents, diversity of school, and character building program.

Posted October 2, 2010

A few students of color does not equal a diverse student population. Look at the student ethnicity graph on this site. MTA is 78% white, while the state average is 45% white. Can t argue with stats. Anecdotal evidence of individual students behaving badly to other students is not indicative of racism at the school, though. Kids are learning social skills, ethics, and morality as well as academics at this age. Making mistakes is part of the learnign process. We deal with the individual cases and move on. I just don't think there is a racist or classist undertone at the school.

Posted May 10, 2010

We couldn't be happier at MTA! The academics, the community, and the teachers are all incredible. This is a school of choice. Those living in the District and paying taxes have the option of attending their neighborhood school. It seems that those who are unhappy are the families who don't want to invest the time to fulfill the family volunteer commitment or the time at home to help their children keep up with the accelerated curriculum. The population is very diverse (despite what a few have said). I too pay taxes in this district and I am thrilled with the return on my investment. My daughter could not be happier as she completes her third year at MTA. We are absolutely thrilled with her progress and the entire MTA community!

Posted February 9, 2010

I am in love with this school. My son came from a private school and I believe he is more challenged here than his previous school. I also like the small campus atmoshpere; however, I would like to see a playground added. Are there plans to expand the school?

Posted February 9, 2010

I am in love with this school. My son came from a private school and I believe he is more challenged that ever before. Although, I like the smaller campus I would like to see a larger play area. Are there plans to expand?

Posted January 6, 2010

Excellent academics....both of my children are honors students, and this is with an accelerated curriculum. Love the uniforms, the teachers and the office staff. This is where things end, though. I feel 'The Guild', as the PTO is called, is very much a clique, and discipline needs a lot of work. The principal, while he is a nice man, has a lot to learn. The supposed 'anti bullying policy' is also ridiculous. Can't do much about The Guild (mostly Simis moms) but work on the discipline policies, and you will have a great school. A new site is desparately needed, though.

Posted December 17, 2009

Excellent school. My son really shines. He's in the third grade but reads on 4- 6.2 grade level. Awesome

Posted September 11, 2009

I am new to MTA and have felt very welcomed. This is a great school. I appreciate the academic focus.

Posted September 10, 2009

I also do not understand the below poster's comments. I do not have designer clothes. Never have, jeans and sneakers. I have never felt like this is an issue. And yes the children all wear school uniforms. My boy's classes are very diverse. Excellent school, I cannot say enough good things about the teachers, parents and students. The aims scores tell a wonderful tale as well.

Posted September 10, 2009

I don't know what that poster is talking about either. This is our second year with the school and there are all different ethnic and racial kids in my child's class. And 'designer' things? The kids wear uniforms so this is not an issue.

Posted September 9, 2009

MTA is a great school academically. My son has learned a great deal since we transferred into this school. We believe that our son is getting the best academic education he can get. It's great that there are required parent involvement. One of the major flaws at this school is how materialistic it is. There have been many parents who have been insulted because they didn't 'look the part'. Meaning, that the parents did not have designer things or because they have tattoos. There is even a growing concern that race is an issue, which even the children are also discriminating against each other. The only reason I give it 3 stars is because of the racism that is permitted to run rampant in the school

Posted May 9, 2009

I have two students at this school,and have been very impressed. While it is a smaller school, I feel that the quality of the education is much higher than my oldest child recieved in the same district. It is like getting a private school education without the pricetag. The teachers have all been excellent, and there is a ton of parental involvement. My children average about an hour of homework a night, but I know in the long run that a good work ethic will benefit them.

Posted March 19, 2009

Love this School!!! First Year here my son is in Kindergarden and i dive a good distance so he can go to this school! His teacher is the best and goes above and beyond for her kids! Love the fact that there is volunteer hours that have to be put in ita alot of fun and i det to see what goes on in the classroom. Plus my son thinks its cool when i come! MTA doing a awsome job!!!

Posted March 15, 2009

All I can say is that this school rocks! My daughter is in the same grade as my neighbors kid who attends a catholic school and my daughter's work is much more on target and challenging. MTA is preparing our kids at a young age and I could not be happier. Smaller community and mandatory volunteer hours and you will be asked not to come back if you cannot complete. SO....don't sign up if you don't want to be a part of the school. keep up the good work MTA. Principal needs a little molding but he will get there....we hope.

Posted December 16, 2008

I cannot say enough about the faculty and staff and the education my child is receiving! This is the one of the two best known free secrets in central Phoenix (Veritas Prep is the other). An undercover 'Private' school with public funding. Parent involvement is a must as volunteer hours are mandatory. Homework is daily except weekends. Discipline is enforced and consequences are black and white. We came from a parochial school and I have been extremely satisfied. Teachers are well-rounded and can teach to all types of learning in our kids. Love it! MTA is the best!

Posted November 11, 2008

Our son has been attending Kindergarten this year at MTA, and we can't say enough wonderful things about the school. We travel 13 miles to MTA every day and it is worth it! His teacher, Ms. Gullette, is amazing with the students and goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure each and every one of her students receives the right attention and care. The staff and administration are amazing, and there are many parents that are truly vested in making sure MTA continues to exceed expectations. We have been amazed!

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

108 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

108 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

48 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

48 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Excelling".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Excelling".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%