Aire Libre Elementary School

Public | K-6

Posted January 31, 2014

I think the teachers are very helpful and doing as well as they can with the changing standards. It is a school that has a very diverse student population. I am pleased with our children's teachers.

Posted January 28, 2014

My girls have attended here the past four years. Each of their teachers have been amazing. So pleased with their experience.

Posted September 6, 2013

This year (2013-14) we put our boys in a new school because of how truly awful Aire Libre has been! First of all, academically, they DO NOT teach the kids enough! Our boys had straight A's at Aire Libre but at our new school they were tested & we were told that they weren't taught several of the concepts they should've learned by now, so it was easy to get good grades at Aire Libre when they aren't teaching very much.Our son's 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Kelley was rude and often marked problems wrong on his work that were actually correct! We would go over the things she marked wrong and many times they were actually right, the teacher just got it wrong herself! We told her this, she was rude & said there's NOTHING SHE COULD DO! My son's K teacher Mrs. Harcus was very wonderful though, & she needs to be in a school that deserves her! Also, our boys were bullied almost DAILY for being white w/blond hair as the school is primarily hispanic now. They were physically cornered in bathrooms by kids & actually hit over and over! Even our 5 year old! The Principal did NOTHING about it & no one seemed to care or keep an eye on the children at all! DO NOT PUT YOUR KIDS at AIRE LIBRE! DANGEROUS!

Posted May 4, 2011

We switched our son to this school a few weeks ago and we couldnt be happier!!!! Mrs. Harcus is AWESOME and very nice! My son is doing 10 times better here than at the otehr school he was at. LaDonna is Super nice and always willing to help. I think we made a wonderful choice in Aire Libre for our son!!!!!!

Posted April 26, 2011

School relies too much on unqualified aides. Teachers run the school as if there is No Principal. They tell you one thing one day and something different the next, miscommunication is a nice word. Lack of integrity, lack of compassion, no patience - some people just should not work in a school environment.

Posted February 4, 2011

Needs improving..the school needs more security. I din't feel like my daughter was learning anything because teacher was too busy trying to discipline the other children. My childs teacher was very impatient with the student even though my child never got into trouble, but I noticed this after volunteering one day just before lunch. I had to change schools and my daughter actually enjoys going to school now and has learned so much since attending Echo Mountain.

Posted September 25, 2010

we are very happy with the school .. we lucked out again this year two great teachers for my kids.. I cant say much about some of parents at the school some are so sweet and nice .. some act they have never seen a person from the middle east in their life when i speak to my daughter in arabic....

Posted May 20, 2010

My son and I loved the school. Our whole family enjoy the extra curriculum activities. Parents volunteering is greatly appreciated. The teacher is always accessible (comparing to other schools - you hardly see and talk to the teacher). The curriculum, in my opinion is quite advanced. I would highly recommend that school.

Posted June 28, 2009

I think Aire Libre is a great school. I have a child that attends there and he loves it. The outside aides are the best and make it fun for the students. The principal has his moments when he's a great leader and a not so great leader, but what principal doesn't. As for the parents that have said nothing but bad things about this school it's probably because their precious little angel didn't get his way or he kept getting into trouble and the parents are in some kind of denial. I would recommend this school to anyone. My chld and I really both like this school.

Posted April 22, 2009

Mrs. Kraus is the best music teacher in the valley. The teachers like Mrs. Craine and Mrs. Kobrick who teach/taught there made that school great. And back when Mr. Accosta was the principal that school was prime!

Posted November 14, 2008

I did not have a good experience with this school. The teacher my son had let them run wild and had no control. The principle had no communication skills and to be quite honost, he showed cowardly behavior

Posted June 12, 2008

when i moved my daughter to this school last year i was so happy. there is lots of fun to do here, the staff is excellent and they teach the kids fun but strict.

Posted February 4, 2008

The teachers and administration are very responsive to the needs of my daughter. Her 2nd grade teacher, Mr. Withers, practices innovative teaching methods and cares about his students. I woul highly recommend this school.

Posted January 22, 2008

My son began Kindergarten here in the fall and we were very disappointed with Aire Libre. The one bonus was his teacher, who worked very hard to individualize instruction and meet his academic needs. Mrs. Rometty is a kind teacher who really made a great impression on our child. Unfortunately, the Kindergarten Aides are extremely strick and unkind to the students. From the first day of school I saw the Kindergarten students begins spoken to in very harsh tones and expected to wait with their heads down in the cafeteria for over 20 minutes. The principal, despite being told of the situation, did little to change the attitude of the aides and the treatment of the students. We were very disappointed by the leadership of the principal: the disrespectful aides, the spray painted exit signs, the trash littering the campus, the dirty cafeteria . The school lacks pride, love, and nurturing.

Posted December 6, 2007

My oldest son has been attending Aire Libre for 5 years and he loves it. The staff are wonderful and hardworking. Too few parent volunteers doing way too much work, but that seems to be the case not matter what school your child attends. So, please check out volunteering at your child's school.

Posted August 29, 2007

My son is in his 3rd year at Aire Libre. We love it. The teachers have been very attentive and have provided extra assistance when needed. My son had a slight speech impediment and they implimented speech therapy sessions at school and he improved tremendously. When extra help is needed - they are right on it providing it for the kids. It's a smaller school that provides a 'family' type atmosphere. The teachers stay and there is very little turnover! Very important for kids to have stability!

Posted March 3, 2007

The reviews for this school that rate high are old as of the 2006-2007 year I can't belive I sent my child here! My child will finish up kindergarten and then we are out of here! There is no leadership or team work going on between the teachers and the Principal. The art program here is horrible so is the P.E. The lunch room and outside Aids are terrible. Safety-wise, your child is not safe. Send your child some where else if you want them to succeed!

Posted May 24, 2006

My daughter attended the second half of kindergarten here several years back on a variance. Great teacher, supportive environment, fantastic principal.

Posted June 23, 2005

Aire Libre Elementary School did a satisfactory job of preparing my child for middle school. The transition was a relatively easy one. Based on the outcome of my child's learning experience at Aire Libre, the quality of the academic programs was an excellent one. My child went on to accelerated/advanced placement programs in middle school and did quite well. The level of parent involvement is very high. Many parents take part to aid in school functions such as the annual school fair and PTSA. The availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities was excellent.

Posted May 19, 2005

Aire Libre has a high quality of staff and teachers. Both of my daugters, now 16 and 12 have attended Aire Libre with great experiences. I'm impressed with the quality of teachers on the staff, from academics to the arts. The music taecher there is phenomenal! I would not hesitate to send my children to this school. The teachers for the most part are very conscientious, and strive to bring out the best in their students.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

61 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

61 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 64%N/A47%

Fax number
  • (602) 493-6045

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now