Phoenix, AZ

Posted September 16, 2014
The school has issues. The principal has iimited knowledge. Teachers do not respect her as a leader. Adults at Jorgensen don't take responsibility for its poor performance. Many don't believe the district can lead the schools here. How much longer do we put up with this?

C J Jorgensen School 1

Posted July 29, 2014
Do people really take this principal serious? Does she even have a high school diploma? I think the Roosevelt school district needs to realize things will never get better and sell their schools or something. Our family has sent the children to charter schools and nearby districts. Anywheve but Jorgensen or any other Roosevelt school. Why is this district even allowed to exist I don't know.

Posted October 04, 2012
I think as a community there is a lack of involvement. We as parents should come together and really voice our concerns for our children's education. There is potential for this school but if we don't strive to to make a difference then this school will always remain the same. The teachers do the best they can but they lack supplies, staff, and funds. I don't want to have to consider other schools with better academic programs and goals when I know this school can be a great school.

Posted April 07, 2009
I think teachers should be more responsible in educating their students.

Posted July 18, 2007
The school, is ok. But, it's overall, not that good. We do not have music, art is not that fun, but, you have to agree, PE is fun. The academic program, um.. 'none' or 'very few' describes it best. The teachers are probably the best. Yes, some of them are really strict, but they care about the students very much. Though some do not care about what the students do, but most do. Overall, if you have the choice to go here, do no go here. Strong suggest that.

C J Jorgensen School 4

Posted January 10, 2007
I really like Jorgensen but I think there is to many Spanish and english teachers. I do not like my kids to not understand what the teacher is saying because of her accent.

Posted June 29, 2006
This school is a disappointment to me. All kids need a accelerated learning opportunities which have not been available. Therefor I strongly think my daughter has not learned enough. I also think there is also no parent involvement. I just don't like this school for my daughter I've dicided to moved both of my kids.

Posted January 10, 2006
Well, this school may be lacking in a few areas such as extensive extracurricular activities, but the teachers there are extremely deticated and really want the children to succeed.

Posted May 05, 2005
There are some teachers that stay for decades who have great love for the children, and continue to be effective. Others are disallusioned with with the poor administrative support that is given, and the sometimes unfair treatment and usage of teachers. There are very few special area classes. Parents of younger children are generally more involved. Few parents in the upper grades are involved, and the behavior is dramatically declining. There is a lot of teacher comradery and cooperation--administration (NOT principal, but Assistant Principal and District) just needs to get on board!

Posted December 02, 2004
My son has been attending Jorgensen for preschool this year. I have not been very impressed. The teachers focus heavily on being bilingual in english and spanish. Our family does not speak spanish so I feel this is detrimental to my sons education. My son was in a different preschool last year and really seemed to enjoy it, this year I have to fight him to go to school sometimes. Although there don't seem to be any specific problems he just dosn't seem to like it there.

C J Jorgensen School
1701 W Roeser Rd, Phoenix, AZ  85041
Last modified C J Jorgensen School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
C J Jorgensen School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top