Phoenix, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,082

Posted June 05, 2015
The teachers and staff at this school care a lot about their students. They go above and beyond to make sure each student is educated. Not only do they worry about the education of each child, but they ensure that each student practices each pillar of character.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 04, 2015
They have the best teachers there. Most have been there when my parents were there.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 04, 2015
They teach character counts and it shows. I never see any graffiti or trash around our neighborhood. Great kids and great staff.

Posted June 04, 2015
In the past 6 years, Catalina has made outstanding gains in achievement. As a "B" school, Catalina has surpassed many inner city schools and maintained a positive community. They treat everyone like family and continue to make strides in the community. I'll my children, grand children, great grand children... etc will go there.

Catalina Ventura School 1

Posted August 13, 2014
The office workers are rude and unprofessional.At this time I cant say anything great to say about it.I guess ill see how this year plays out should be interesting.

Catalina Ventura School 1

Posted May 09, 2013
As a former student at Catalina, I had no qualms sending my own children there, until recently. My son is 8 y/o, and rather big for his age. He has been bullied and is growing numb to the teachers and administrations staff BLATANT disregard for him and his safety. He is an A-B average student, has never even got a C, and for some reason he has been getting into fights on the playground almost every other day. My son knows not to fight unless provoked. Recently, Someone threw a football at his face and HE got 3 days detention for it, and the other child not one thing! Another instance, he was on the playground, and to my understanding had not done anything, to deserve this, but someones child, came up to him and punched him in the eye, and my son also got in trouble yet again for this instance, because he retaliated by not even doing anything physical, but verbal. This happened all within a month. I literally live across the street from this school, and am MAKING SURE my son gets his variance to attend a different, more uniform school in the future. I used to love this school, now I'am doing all I can to get my child away from it. Get yourselves together Catalina Staff.

Posted July 23, 2012
i am excited for my child to back to catalina but one thing that i am no happy about is that she comes home crying because she is bullied i realy try to help her but she will not even talk to me well i realy hope that i all stops next month and i will always love catalina vetera my cild was there from k-2 but then we moved her to a diffrent school but that school is not to good it makes me late to work in the morning because of the line but now im gonna put her back in catalena vetra the other school that she was in was called holliday park elemetrey school that school is 50 years old i just hate it over there so thats why im putting her back in catalina ventera GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!

Posted March 22, 2012
I think Catalina is a great school for kids. The teachers always care for the students and everyone respects each other. Yes catalina has had some issues in the the past but that doesn't really matter! It's all about character. The new princable isn't the best but we all hold. Up Catalina isn't in the best neighborhood but that doesn't mean it isn't a good school. I recommend Catalina for all kids.

Catalina Ventura School 2

Posted January 31, 2011
I use to think this was a great neighborhood school. Unfortunately, with the new principal, they have lost their way. I don't feel that she is a great leader, nor does she have any ideas on how to improve this school. There are hardly any parents that attend the Booster Club, and it seems like it is controlled by the teachers wants and needs, rather than an organization to support the children. They actually used money from fund raisers to repair a golf cart for the mainenance staff and buy a new refigerator for the teachers, rather than use that money for the kids to go on field trips or purchase something else for the students. There are almost no after school activities and they are thinking of cancelling girl's soccer because some parents don't want to use the nearby park for practice. What was an exciting and up and comming school is turning into a very limited and run of the mill public school.

Posted October 08, 2009
Im a former graduate from Catalina Ventura,Class of 09'.This school is absolute amazing. I love it! And for sports catalina is always Undefeated! To, me this school was like a 2nd home to me. If I have a chance to go back and start all over again I would definetly be back in 8th grade. 8th grade yr.was wonderful! Catalina Is the best and will always be! Go Tigers! (:

6331 W. 39th Ave., Phoenix, AZ  85019
Last modified Catalina Ventura School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Catalina Ventura School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top