Phoenix, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,082

Posted August 13, 2014
The office workers are rude and unprofessional.At this time I cant say anything great to say about it.I guess ill see how this year plays out should be interesting.

Posted August 17, 2013
PARENTS AND CHILDREN, PLEASE BEWARE! I am sickened to say that since the current principal has been in place, this school has become nothing short of a gladiator yard! It is terrifying to hear of and see the horrific fights and bullying that takes place at this school and is not even acknowledged by the staff. I have been complaining for five months regarding the bullying of my child and it has finally turned physical and the administration including the district office acts as if it is no big deal. I have been calling and going to the school to let the principal know of the almost weekly fights that are video taped on her campus and she never even calls me back and has her staff tell me she is unavailable all of the time. Please if you value the safety of your child do not enroll them in this school and if they are already there do everything in your power as I am to get them out and put into another school. The principal at first will talk to you in a soft voice and try to come across sweet until you demand answers at which time she will just tell you to leave the office. She has NO control over the school and if too concerned with her reputation to ask for help in fixing it.

Posted May 09, 2013
As a former student at Catalina, I had no qualms sending my own children there, until recently. My son is 8 y/o, and rather big for his age. He has been bullied and is growing numb to the teachers and administrations staff BLATANT disregard for him and his safety. He is an A-B average student, has never even got a C, and for some reason he has been getting into fights on the playground almost every other day. My son knows not to fight unless provoked. Recently, Someone threw a football at his face and HE got 3 days detention for it, and the other child not one thing! Another instance, he was on the playground, and to my understanding had not done anything, to deserve this, but someones child, came up to him and punched him in the eye, and my son also got in trouble yet again for this instance, because he retaliated by not even doing anything physical, but verbal. This happened all within a month. I literally live across the street from this school, and am MAKING SURE my son gets his variance to attend a different, more uniform school in the future. I used to love this school, now I'am doing all I can to get my child away from it. Get yourselves together Catalina Staff.

Posted March 22, 2012
I think Catalina is a great school for kids. The teachers always care for the students and everyone respects each other. Yes catalina has had some issues in the the past but that doesn't really matter! It's all about character. The new princable isn't the best but we all hold. Up Catalina isn't in the best neighborhood but that doesn't mean it isn't a good school. I recommend Catalina for all kids.

Catalina Ventura School 2

Posted January 31, 2011
I use to think this was a great neighborhood school. Unfortunately, with the new principal, they have lost their way. I don't feel that she is a great leader, nor does she have any ideas on how to improve this school. There are hardly any parents that attend the Booster Club, and it seems like it is controlled by the teachers wants and needs, rather than an organization to support the children. They actually used money from fund raisers to repair a golf cart for the mainenance staff and buy a new refigerator for the teachers, rather than use that money for the kids to go on field trips or purchase something else for the students. There are almost no after school activities and they are thinking of cancelling girl's soccer because some parents don't want to use the nearby park for practice. What was an exciting and up and comming school is turning into a very limited and run of the mill public school.

Posted October 08, 2009
Im a former graduate from Catalina Ventura,Class of 09'.This school is absolute amazing. I love it! And for sports catalina is always Undefeated! To, me this school was like a 2nd home to me. If I have a chance to go back and start all over again I would definetly be back in 8th grade. 8th grade yr.was wonderful! Catalina Is the best and will always be! Go Tigers! (:

Catalina Ventura School 4

Posted October 01, 2009
My son has been at this school for a year in a half he is doing well and I really like the format that the school provides for them.

Posted September 02, 2009

Posted August 05, 2009

Catalina Ventura School 4

Posted April 04, 2009
so i went to this school since i was in 1st grade and graduated class of 2007. I just want to say this school was the best school i have ever been too. the teachers are amazing, the classes are fun, and the people are nice. im just upset mr. husman, the old principal isnt there anymore :( anyways, this school will always be a part of me. CV TIGERS! U KNOWW ;)

Catalina Ventura School
6331 W. 39th Ave., Phoenix, AZ  85019
Last modified Catalina Ventura School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Catalina Ventura School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top