Phoenix, AZ
After care: No

Posted July 30, 2013
Cholla Middle School "Is a GREAT place to be"!!! That has been the slogan since my son has started this school and he just recently promoted to the 9th grade. The office staff was always so helpful even with dealing with outrageous parents whose child could do no wrong. They greeted you with a smile and "Have a good day" were their exit words. The Principal was always helpful and to answer any parents concerns. The Student advisor dealt with the discipline and student schedules in a very timely manner. The teachers were all good with cordinating any meetings with parents to keep them up to date with students progress and with the district getting up to spped, all teachers have thier own website where you can go in and check the calendars of the students agendas and assignments schedules. The cafeteria might not have the food that an average teenager would want to eat but it was all design to make sure that our students are eating the right portion of a average meal. If we can get more parents involved in their child school, the PTO could use some help. I could go on and on with this review but there are not enough words to express how much Cholla "Is a GREAT place to be"!!

Posted June 08, 2013
I just promoted from Cholla and I have to say that those were the best two school years I've ever experienced. The advanced classes and gifted program is great. I feel well prepared for honors classes in high school. All of my teachers and the staff members were very nice, respectful, caring, and helpful. I have no complaints.

Posted May 21, 2013
My school is Cholla Middle School. The office staff is unfriendly and there is never any parking for parents in the front parking lot. You get the feeling that the heads of this school have their own agenda and could care less about any concerns you convey, It is like they are dismissing you and just nodding in agreement and then never act on it just to get you off the phone or out of their office.

Posted March 10, 2013
I am a parent of three children who has and one that still is in this school. I have lived here for twenty years. I have to admit it was not the model school in the past. I know that there are a lot of teachers and staff that are going above and beyond what is required of them to ensure that our children are doing and being the best they can be. I believe we have one of the best Principals leading the charge to achieve greatness in all our children.

Posted February 27, 2013
Cholla has a great teachers who do care for your education. They make sure that every student is safe from harm. Also, the principal is very trustworthy and very easy to talk too. Cholla middle is the best middle school you can go to. I switched from different schools and this one is the best by far. Go to this school, you will NOT regret it!

Cholla Middle School 1

Posted August 09, 2012
I was enrolled to this school for 11-12, it was a HORRIBLE school. The students were harsh on each other, fights often happen, and there was no way you feel safe at this school. In elementary school, I used to be straight A's, now when i transfer here, I get straight F's and D's and I'm one of those good students too! They give me the "cold" shoulder because I "talked" back to one of my teachers, which I didn't. I just corrected her that her answer was wrong, and mine was right, and I showed her where she went wrong, and then compared it to mine. She then yells at me, give me a bunch of homework, and then I guess she told the other students and teachers to give me the "cold shoulder" and bad grades as well. This school is a disgrace. I will never go back to this school, Cholla say Palo Verde was a bad school, but I disagree, Palo Verde is MUCH MUCH better school than Cholla. They actually don't yell at you, and admit their mistakes! The only thing that I like about Cholla is probably the principal, because he used to be my Elementary Prinicpal. He comforts me because he knows me.(being the principal and all from my elementary school) Don't waste your time to go to this school.

Posted August 16, 2011
I attended this school two years ago, and I must say, my experience here was the worst I've ever had at a school. The whole student I.D. rule is pointless. If you don't visibly wear your I.D. around your neck you get lunch detention. The whole school was littered with trash and fights happened every other week. You are not allowed to bring book bags or backpacks. Instead all your supplies and papers must be kept in a binders, which you carry around everyday (which leads to students knocking down other student's binders on purpose). Once you walked into the basketball courts during lunch, there's no turning back until lunch hour is over. Not even to go to the bathroom. All my classes behaved badly. My time in 7th and 8th grade were miserable. I'd prefer High School any day. The only thing that I enjoyed was when guest speaker Calvin Terrell came and spoke with the school.

Posted April 26, 2011
I love this school , and I am so happy becouse my son happy when he gose to school.

Posted April 25, 2011
Very blaise attitude afforded by teachers towards students that are average and below (GPA - wise). The school has an overall feeling of great stagnation - and it has permeated (in my keen opinion) throughout the school and student attitude. This school should be shuttered and fumigated (again, in my opinion) - a fresh, brand new start-over may be the recipe here... but, alas, it may be too late to save the sinking ship ....

Posted October 19, 2010
This school has a very warm and inviting environment. The administration, staff, and teachers seem to genunely care about the students on this campus. My children absolutely love drama class and PE. The new Principal is very friendly and helpful too.

Cholla Middle School
3120 W Cholla, Phoenix, AZ  85029
Last modified Cholla Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cholla Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top