Public charter
Phoenix, AZ

Posted September 04, 2014
I am a student who went to Sage Academy for 7th Grade. This school is great, for one.. They don't unplug the fridge or serve garbage, that's not true. This school also has great teachers who help children who need it most. If you have issues at home or something.. tell them, they are the most relatable and nice teachers. There's laptops for each kid in the Computer lab. There's healthy food and even Hot Chocolate during winter time! People are giving so many negative reviews for no reason. All of the doors besides the front door are locked. Every school is like that! They have a camera near the front door. This is a great school. It has improved my Physical Activity my Social skills and even my school work. I'm an A+ student now and I can't thank Sage Academy enough for it! And the director Lynette Clawson is a great director! I ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL TO ANY KID/PARENT WHO WANTS TO SEE THEMSELVES/THEIR CHILDREN SUCCEED! -Former Student

Posted April 17, 2014
Sade Academy Charter School is the best with good teachers.I like here because is a small school .

Posted February 07, 2014
Sage Academy is a nice school. I especially liked Mrs. Morton who was the director of the school. She was an extremely caring and children-loving person. The school is small and friends are made easy. It is also easier to observe if there is bad behavior somewhere, so there is definitely less chance of bullying to occur. The drop off and pick time is organized and kids are always escorted to their parent's cars and greeted on a arrival. There is a small playground for K-1 kids and the bigger paved yard is for older students. They do not have much to do outside but play ball. Considering this is a small school, it is understandable that it won't have a big green area with swings and so on. Kids are organized and line up within seconds of the whistle. Teachers are great! They are all very responsible and dedicated to their students. They want to instill values in kids, teach them to be respectful to others. There has always been a huge emphasis on respect and responsibility. There is a lack of parent involvement and teachers cannot compensate for the lack of parental interest. Some kids come to school with folders full of a week's worth of information, untouched.

Posted October 02, 2013
this school needs a lot improvement and funding especially in security they get free lunches but the garbage . their feeding kids on napkins and paper plate with milk god knows how long the fridge be unplug. and the food stink it dont add up and most the staff very un professional they have a new 1st grade teacher shes about the only good one there and is sockcu and the admistration is very unorganisze they quick to gossip and judge but cant even maintain the facility and dont get me started about the kids rest room very nasty as a fomer parent stay far away this school is all about who you know and fundraising the kids are just a job and even with that their not successful and you never know whats going on until last minute

Sage Academy 4

Posted August 27, 2013
My daughter has attended Sage Academy now for 2 years, and starting her 3rd year. In this time I have seen the changes that the administration has made to help aid in communicating with the parents, and to make every day activities flow better. What I like most, is that it is a small school, so the teachers & administration are familiar with all the students, no matter what grade-level their in, somewhat of a close knit family. I very much like the educators at this school, most graduated with honors, and also care very much for the students. You can tell they enjoy their jobs and the kids. That being said, the education is just a bit above average. I'm a firm believer though, that education does not just occur at the school, but it is the effort that the parents put into it after school. I appreciate the fact that starting in Kindergarten, the students are sent home with homework. On my wish list would be more funds for playground & educating supplies. But again, it's a small school and limited funds....but we as parents can also help invest in our children's education/school experience. The one thing I find lacking, is security, and should be a priority with the admin.

Posted May 20, 2013
I m a former Sage parent and I ve got zero regret about switching my daughter to another school. I have other issues with this school, but I'll just focus on one big one for the sake of the review and that issue is school safety .- This school gets an "F" for campus security in my book I can tell you that this is NOT a secure campus. It s a poorly maintained, musty smelling church office building. Anyone can walk in from the street and enter the bottom halls undetected. The school office is completely empty during the lunch hour, no principal, no secretary, no one at all. They should hire a duty aide or get parent volunteers to supervise the lunchroom. There is no excuse for having an abandoned office and not monitoring who is coming in through the unlocked front door. The so-called classrooms don t have phones or PA systems, so in case of an emergency/lockdown, how are teachers supposed to be alerted? After the Newtown tragedy, I don t see how schools like this can operate and meet safety requirements.

Sage Academy 4

Posted April 29, 2013
This school has been incredible for my daughter's social and emotional development. My daughter went from shy and withdrawn to outgoing and is really shining at Sage. I find the academics only average, which is a little disappointing because I would love to have the best of both worlds! If you are looking for a family setting with amazin and caring staff who teach your children character, this is definitely a good school to look into!

Posted March 04, 2013
Wow! I love my child's kindergarten teacher. She has come so far academically and socially. From the beginning of the year she couldn't even make the first letter of her name. Now she writes her first and last name along with many other words. she is exhausted when she gets home from school so I know she is doing great. Her teacher is very caring and supportive and my daughters love her so much. I had to break the news that she won't be her first grade teacher next year. I wish she could move up with her. I am amazed at her progress. She is even adding with counters! Love Sage and her kindergarten teacher!

Posted January 18, 2013
My son is in 2nd grade at Sage and having a great year! He previously attended a large district school where he was lost in the crowd. I love the small class sizes and personal attention that he is receiving. The school is meeting his needs academically, socially, and emotionally! I couldn't ask for anything more.

Posted January 18, 2013
My son is enrolled in Kindergarten at Sage Academy and it has not gone well. The school seems to have many administrative issues as evidenced by the unavailability of school uniforms at the beginning of the year to chaos in the procedures to drop students off in the morning. Furthermore, the school does not communicate to parents in a consistent manner. I often get notices after events happen. The school also seems to lack resources for basic learning materials as they are alway asking for donations. The kindergarten classes each have 25 kids per class and only one teacher per class. Even though this school is small it feels overcrowded because of the ratio of children to teachers. You don't get the benefit of a small school, nor do you get any of the personalized attention that you would expect from a smaller school. When I requested to receive a regular but brief update regarding my child's progress, the teacher responded that she has 25 kids in the class and doesn't have time. The building is old, the playgound is of asphalt and the classrooms are unimpressive. We will be changing schools next year.

Sage Academy
1055 E. Hearn Rd, Phoenix, AZ  85022
Last modified Sage Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sage Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top