Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I love Norterra Canyon! The school has a warm and inviting culture and lots of school spirit. The parents, students, and teachers all make the school a great place.

I would never reccomend this school. A first grade teacher was incredibly cruel to my child last year. She separated him in a desk alone last year. Made statements about my child, and to my child that were wrong and cruel. She's still teaching at Norterra this year. Sad.

This is the worst year ever at this school. We have been here 6 years. The new principal is not a great fit. Teachers are unhappy and are leaving. We are short staff including math teacher and recess monitors. Our son receives 35 minutes a day of math instruction due to lack of staff and no one cares. Teachers are going to leave and parents are searching other schools for next year. Do yourself a favor and look at open enrollment at other schools in the area.. The mood on campus is depressing and the students can feel it. No parent input considered or cared for with administration.

This is our first year at this school (just relocated to the area) and I hate to say that I feel my child is not learning a thing. The teachers do not communicate well and seem very worn out and tired of teaching. The mood on campus seems depressing and I will be looking for another option. Administration is lacking on communication as well. Not very inviting.

Wonderful school! Very involved parents and caring teachers/staff. Couldn't be happier about the school and the education!

I have 3 kids that go to Norterra Canyon and we love this school! The administration, teachers and staff are wonderful and inviting. The school spirit is fantastic and parents are welcome and encouraged to attend all events. I can't say enough good things about the teachers at Norterra Canyon.

Norterra Canyon has an excellent and involved principal and assistant principal who both care deeply about children and learning. The teachers are friendly and are highly skilled. There is a school garden and tortoise habitat that the kids enjoy. This school has a fantastic PTSA. Smart boards are in every classroom. When given an option to move schools my son was adamant that he wanted to stay at Norterra because the teachers care there.

This school is in a great community, but the administration leaves much to be desired! The school is beautiful as far as maintenance goes. The teachers that I have had experience with at this school all seem unhappy and generally difficult to communicate with. I don't feel as though the principle really cares for the well being of my child but rather about the politics of her job. For example, my child had a really rough year (along with the majority of her fellow students) last year and I was advised by another few parents to request a specific teacher for the following year. These parents had made the same request and been granted their choice of teacher, I was told "this school does not accept requests for teachers." Now, if this was in fact true, I would understand, but I know it is inconsistent with what other parents have experienced. No child should be afraid to go to school in first grade! Mine was, and my intention was to try and "reset" his year. My concern with this school is the poor communication between the administration and parents and I know a lot of the other parents feel the same way. It is unfortunate because it is a beautiful school with much potential.

this school is very good and clean school, am very happy with staff. they have a great system to update parents with all the school news. i have the kids at norterra for 3 years

Not a great experience at all. Maybe we just got unlucky- but am certainly not happy with my 1st grader's teacher. I expect the teacher to be nurturing, kind and patient when dealing with elementary school kids. The teacher here gets irritated very easily, admonishes the children on a regular basis and in the words of my little on- "extremely mean". When I asked my daughter what she thought about the school she said " Though my teacher is not very nice the kids are good." I will be moving her out the first opportunity I get.

Last modified Norterra Canyon K-8 is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.