Bad
Good

Pioneer Preparatory School 2

Posted November 12, 2015
My son attended pioneer for K and 1st grade. His first year of K and teacher miss Myers is a great loving teacher, my son loved going too school. Things changed after attending first grade, his behavior was not the same at school. He did not want to go to school and I didn't understand why. He ended up telling me that there was a student hurting him bothering him in class my son got a busted lip, he got bit and it got too the point that my son started to feel no one believed him and that he was the bad one the staff in that go with them too the playground get stuck on their cell phones and let things like this happen. This is my son and my personal experience. But it can bee a great experience too others .

Pioneer Preparatory School 3

Posted October 25, 2013
Both my children started at this school last year and I loved it. However after a long battle with my sons teacher this year I am most likely going to be taking them out and putting them into a school where the teachers actually care about the kids.

Posted September 27, 2013
this school had my children grow so much in the three years they been in Pioneer. Also with all the programs they have I now know more how to help mi daughter in 8th grade for her high school this year. as well this year my daughter in 8th grade would have the chance to go to Washington D.C. and New York they teachers are so wonderful there. This must be one of the best schools I would be able to send mi 2 daughters im a really proud parent!!!!! GO LIONS

Posted August 06, 2013
Hello! My daughter has attended pioneer school cense it opened she has 4 years k-3 attending pioneer school. I as a parent think that pioneer school is a very good school for kids to attend. Teachers and all staff do a great job teaching. I like that teachers let you get involved in your students class room as a volunteer, I really enjoy been a parent at pioneer school. I also have my daughter in kindergarten that attends this year 2013. I like that in kindergarten they do the English test on kids before school starts its year. :) I also like that you need to sign in before entering indoor school. I'm a proud parent! :)

Pioneer Preparatory School 3

Posted February 29, 2012
Mixed reviews on this school. This first year my child was here, I loved it. It is a beautiful school, although I don't know about the reviewer who walks the halls once a month, because parents are not allowed past the front desk at all. Must be a TFA staff member. Child's teacher was awesome and patient. My child enjoyed the themes of the Core Knowledge curriculum. Then came the next year, and a teacher who decided 2 weeks into the year that my child needed to be in Special Education. I did not agree with this and communication with the teacher was difficult, email and calls not returned. I ended up taking my child out. of the school. Child was eventually diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, but actually working above grade level. ADD is not the same as Special Ed, and legally teachers are not supposed to be the ones diagnosing anyway. As a side note, I met a woman at a community who had a relative in the same class with the same teacher, and had the exact same situation. I really liked the school, and might return my child next year, but hope staff is trained that teachers are not in the position to diagnosed students, that is the what a psychologist does.

Posted November 15, 2011
I visit this school once a month and walk the hallways and see how detailed all the teachers are here. I can say that they take PRIDE in teaching and this is a reflection on the Principal. Mr. Tony Best really takes the time to interact with the kids and makes sure they are focused. All the charts and motivating statements on the hallway walls are so encouraging, it just makes you feel so good and proud that this school has it right. If I was a child I would love this school and the staff here. Learning looks fun here. Great job to all the teachers and staff and the Principal for bring back the pride of learning.

Posted November 03, 2011
Great Facility, Great Teachers, Great Staff. They are instilling values and knowledge into the children everyday. You can't go wrong by sending your child here.

Pioneer Preparatory School
6629 West Clarendon Ave, Phoenix, AZ  85033
Last modified Pioneer Preparatory School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.