Phoenix, AZ

Posted May 19, 2014
The Teachers and Staff at David Crockett School are the most dedicated, enthusiastic, and compassionate group of educators I have ever met. The School s student body is made up of severely underprivileged children. The Teachers and Staff go above and beyond to make each and every student feel safe and truly care about each and every student. The Teachers provide extra meals, snacks, clothing, tutoring and before and after school activities. These wonderful educators provide a second home to many of their students. All of this, for the same or in most cases, less pay than their counterparts in the more affluent parts of Phoenix. One recent example: The Teachers and Staff took it upon themselves to sponsor a field trip for the entire First Grade to the Phoenix Zoo. They prepared the students by studying the various animals prior to the trip and each student pick one animal to write a report about after they returned from the Zoo. For many, this may sound trivial for the students of Crockett, it was life changing. This is just one of the many examples of the truly outstanding dedication, commitment and love the Teachers and Staff of Crockett show for each and every student.

Posted February 10, 2013
School has a new Principal who is a true leader. Teachers are working very, very hard to get their students where they need to be....they go the extra mile to achieve their goals and some of teachers stay late to get ready for the next day, regardless of their own families....These are the teachers who were born to be teachers...they are exceptional, dedicated! They believe in their students! Last but not least, Kids are great, they have huge potential! Keep it up Crockett!

David Crockett School 1

Posted September 07, 2012
This school has lost a great deal of community and welcoming parents. Kids must be dropped off and parents not allowed on campus unless we are invited to events. I withdrew my honor student from here because my boy was being bullied and he told me he didn't want to hear it any more. He now goes to a neighborhing school and is very happy and administration supports and listens to parents. New principle at Crockett doesn't care, just puts on a face. Teachers are so hard working and strong programs. Some company is help run the school I heard since the principle let his other school fail.

Posted March 09, 2010
Teachers at this school are dedicated to helping children. Administration at this school is determined that kids should enjoy school and learn lots of material!

Posted November 09, 2009
As a previous employer, I rate Crockett very high in my career so far. I have been at two other schools, and nothing compares to the warmth, community, and commitment that the staff and administration. My current school is filled with teachers who are crusty and bossy, have very big egos. Crockett wants parents to be involved and share their commitment to children. I love Crockett, I'm so sad that I'm not there anymore.

Posted January 13, 2006
I am happy with this shcool, the teachers, and the administration. My son is doing so well. I believe that the education of our kids takes the teachers, the students and the parents to achieve the best outcome. Crockett is a great school. I hope more parents get involved. Our kids are only this age once.

David Crockett School 3

Posted October 15, 2005
Not too bad of a school. Neighborhood is older but the students are good kids and this school has great teachers

David Crockett School 3

Posted October 13, 2005
School has come out of underperforming and has a lot of good reading programs

Posted April 14, 2005
This school is wonderful, especially compared to similar socioeconomic schools. The administration is responsive, the teachers highly trained and caring, and the other students seem to really learn and care about their learning at this school. At any time you can go into a classroom, even on a Friday afternoon, and witness real learning. There are so many opportunities for students to get involved and succeed. I highly recommend this school to all K-8 students. My only concern is that more parents should get involved.

David Crockett School
501 N 36th Street, Phoenix, AZ  85008
Last modified David Crockett School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
David Crockett School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top