Bad
Good

ASU Prep Academy-Phoenix is great my son and step daughter attend the school. They love it and they are learning all the time. I would Recommend this school. As a Business owner the drive can be a little crazy. But its worth it. Keep up the good work and YOU GO ASU!

What you should know about ASU PREP ! The teachers they go all out for the students. They ROCK! And Congrats to the Cheer and to their Victory on winning. You have to be a Sun Devil or you have to go............................. Keep up the good work !!!!!!

For the Parent who voluntarily mentioned your child having no homework due dates, the student is mistaken. Being a student, I can say that there are definitely homework due dates or homework assignments in general. In fact, this school gives me more homework than I have ever received in all my elementary school years, and I say that as a positive thing. A student is given homework to help the mind study what the lesson had brought on to them that day. There are only so much a teacher can do in class but once the students steps off campus, it is the students decision to complete the homework on time. Overall, yes, we do have homework and due dates. I am impressed with the wonderful opportunities I have been exposed to within my second year of High school. Good Job ASU Prep!

So far this school is exceeding my high expectations for my 9th grade daughter! The policies and education are really focused on learning outcomes, and my daughter has made lot's of quality friends. Way better than the public high school we moved her from-

This school claims to prepare students to be "college graduates," yet they do not require homework of the students. The school also has a policy of no due dates, so students can turn in work whenever they feel like it. This is like no college I ever attended, nor is it reflective of life in the real world. Try not paying your rent and see what happens. What are they preparing these kids for?

When an ASU Prep student misspells college as "collage" you know something is wrong... We are new to ASU Prep's Mesa campus and we pulled out our child from a Charter school after a couple of weeks of classes. At the other school, our child's Language Arts class was terrific, we purchased four books just in the first couple of weeks. They had a two page assignment due at the beginning of the third week and the "Battle of the books" was commencing shortly afterwards. At ASU Prep, I am still waiting for a list of books to be purchased and frankly nothing so far. Their Language Arts class is a joke and people seem to forget that English Grammar and Composition skills are major factors in getting accepted by a reputable University. No, I am not referring to ASU... it's far from being good at #139 National Ranking. So, pretty much we made a huge mistake in moving her to ASU's Prep but it's too late to stress over it. Does our child like ASU Prep? Of course... NO homework yesterday at all but she does not get away with that. We homeschool her on the subjects the school is lacking. ps. I still don't know who the School Principal is... she never introduced herself to us.

My son has been at this school for the past two years. He started in the pre-k program and is now in kinder. The teachers have been phenomenal. He loves the school. He is now getting a Spanish class in kinder. His self esteem is through the roof and he loves his friends. Keep up the good work!

I'm a student at ASU Prepatory Academy. I agree with the reviews on this school it's pretty great, but like every school it has it's flaws. For parents you will think this is the greatest school for your child to attend. For students it's a bit different. Since the school just started theirs not much extra activities to sign up for. The hours are long and for no reason. You can learn just as much in 45 minute classes. Students are getting older and having more responsibilities like getting and keeping a job. Its difficult when school ends at 4:06! Many kids are concerned about cafeteria food. At ASU Prep it's horrible. The teachers even agree, so bring your own lunch. Homework is given out in every class, test are scheduled at the same time as Cambridge testing, ah it gets stressful. One thing I really dislike about that school is they only focus on getting students into ASU collage. They only offer help in that collage. I think ASU Prep will be an excellent school once they have a few graduates. Right now I don't recommend enrolling your child in it.

This school is far the best I have ever seen. My expectations were far than met. The teachers care truly about the students success and are not there for just a paycheck. They strive to help develop eeach budding mind into a success!!

i like the teaching and the curriculum of the school. i also like how the students get to work together

Last modified Asu Preparatory Academy- Phoenix Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades K-10. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.