Posted January 30, 2015
My son has really enjoyed his Akimel experience. Academically he is being challenged. The school provides a positive, fun and safe learning environment. We feel that the students are being well prepared for High School. There a many extracurricular activities to participate in. We are very happy with Akimel Middle School.

Posted January 28, 2015
Akimel A-al is a wonderful place for students of all cultures, races, interests and learning abilities. Everyone is treated with respect and has an opportunity to be involved in a variety of before and after-school activities. The teachers and staff are amazing and as a parent, I take great pride in knowing my child loves going to school. His enthusiasm and drive to perform well is supported by each and every one of his teachers. If you are looking for a place for your child to grow to their greatest potential, Akimel A-al is definitely the place!

Kyrene Akimel A-al Middle School 4

Posted January 28, 2015
Akimel teachers hold students responsible for completion of work & keeps student and parents involved on how students are doing; what they will be doing through a parent & student web portal & sometimes e-mail and phone calls. Akimel has shown a high expectation for student achievement & a consistency in learning methods. Akimel demonstrates a social and academic climate that gives students a feel & a sense of belonging, students feel proud of their school, feel they are wanted and nurtured by the school. Clear goals are established as to what students are expected to learn. I have enjoyed having my children at this school!

Posted January 13, 2015
My son attended Akimel A-al Middle School from 6th through 8th grades and is currently a freshman taking honors classes at Desert Vista High School. His experience at AMS prepared him well for DVHS. I currently have a 6th grader at AMS. Both of my kids have had a very positive experience at AMS. The teachers and administration are excellent and have been very responsive to any needs or questions that I have. I would highly recommend Akimel A-al Middle School!

Posted December 02, 2014
My son attended Kyrene de la Estrella then Akimel A-al Middle School and is now attending Desert Vista in all Honors Classes. We owe his exceptional progress to all the amazing teachers he had along the way. Each one of them genuinely loves their job and it definitely shows. As a parent I was always encouraged to get involved by the staff at Akimel A-al and there is some exceptional teaching going on there. My Daughter also attended Kyrene de la Estrella and it is her final year at Akimel A-al, she is also on track to be in all Honors Classes at Desert Vista. Words cannot express the gratitude I have for the teachers and staff here.

Posted July 18, 2014
Akimel A-al Middle School is a great place for students in 6-8th grade. Our daughter is having a wonderful experience at the school. She not only is being challenged academically, but she is participating in honors choir, band, and drama. Our daugther is most impressed by the staff at Akimel A-al who have excellent communication skills, challenge her, and care about who she is as a person.

Kyrene Akimel A-al Middle School 3

Posted January 08, 2014
This school is average at best. The orchestra and band program is very nice and my daughter enjoys that aspect. I feel this school is too large and not very challenging, particularly in math and science. It is very light on the homework and academics in general. The teachers I have encountered are adequate. Overall I am not impressed and I cannot imagine that my daughter would be prepped for high school let alone college by attending this school.

Posted September 15, 2013
My school has been a wonderful addition to our neighborhood for many years. Both my children have been educated there and were very ready for high school.

Kyrene Akimel A-al Middle School 4

Posted May 24, 2013
Dear staff and students, Akimel is a semi good school there are some really funny kids! We have an amazing track team. Although out rivals beat us by 4 points in conference were still better!we have more students which gives us wider variety of kids to educate! On the other side we have a garden that is growing weeds if you call that plants then go back to kindergarten! we have half cut trash cans! there school is okay! the teachers yell and e-mail me when my kid goes to ISI and interrupt my work day... and half the time my kid does absolutely nothing wrong! My youngest child has gone here for 2 years and hates it but my oldest went here for 3 years and loved it, he wishes he could go back but for the pep assembly's at least 10 kids get in trouble for talking they are suppose to be PEPPY oh my gosh they are not doing anything bad!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted July 24, 2011
great school it has good honors qualitiy and the music program is awesome. I would choose Akimel A-al school

Kyrene Akimel A-al Middle School
2720 East Liberty Lane, Phoenix, AZ  85048
Last modified Kyrene Akimel A-al Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kyrene Akimel A-al Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top