Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

My child is treated with respect. There is no better way to teach it.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The 4 teachers that I know are amazing.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Great basic homework. Not too much, but gives me an idea of how my son is doing.

I have been nothing but 100% impressed with Rose Lane. It is our home school, but we had our kids at Villa Montessori because I wanted a smaller environment. Montessori was not good at all for either of my kids, and we switched my youngest to Rose Lane this year. The teachers are amazing! They actually teach! (In Montessori the kids are meant to figure everything out on their own. OK for some kids, but not mine). The positive energy at Rose Lane is really unbelievable. The music teacher is one of the most dynamic people I have ever met. The principal knew my son's name after he had only been there a few weeks. Love, love, love my kids 4th grade teachers. I only wish it went to 6th grade.

My daughter has attended Rose Lane since Kinder, she is now in the second grade. We feel lucky to have her here. Although there are allot kids enrolled the staff seems to manage well. All of her teachers to this point have been great! Also, parents seem to be very engaged.

I think that teachers should be more involved in students curriculum making sure they do their homework. I also think it should more challenging, the homework is too easy and the reading requirements. I have several kids in this school and I've seen different teachers how they are involved and I've seen quite few that they don't care that much. An example: my son was writing and I usually make him write straight on paper, so one day I let him do his writing without me telling him or making him write straight, so he finished and of course he writes chicken sticks can't understand it and he turns in his homework and I would think that the teacher would give him a low score... But not so! She writes excellent! I'm thinking, What on earth is she thinking? This is just one kid I can tell another one but it wold be endless. I care about childrens education and since they spend majority time in school, I believe that schools should be more time academically challenging.

Lunchtime is a disaster: Kids are rushed, don't get adequate time to eat or to use the bathroom in the cafeteria. No one supervises kids in the cafeteria bathroom who are running around, climbing the stalls and running all the water to make spit balls. Then, on the playground, again, no one supervises the bathrooms. Kids have accidents (Kindergartners) regularly because they are scared to use the one outside with running and screaming kids and the teachers REFUSE to let them use the one in the classroom during lunch because it disturbs them while they are eating. And, teacher really have no clue what happens at lunch because unlike at many schools where teachers are with kids at lunch, here, just a bunch of low-paid aids are with the kids. They don't know the kids' names, much less what their needs are. It is really a disaster.

Amazing school! My son has improved so much by going! He had a hard time with his speech and behavioral issues; but the staff worked one on one to help with both issues. His teacher actually responds to my emails within a couple of hours and helps work out any issues; daily updates. As a worry wart I don't have to worry about my son in school. One less thing for me!

Rose Lane is truly an amazing school! We have two children who attend and live outside of the district. The quality and caliber of teachers and staff is remarkable. The school is very safe for children as they practice both lockdown and fire drills on a regular basis. This school is truly the gem of North-central Phoenix and I feel blessed to have our family as part of this incredible community!!!

It is a great school with wonderful teachers who care about the students and help them reach beyond their potential

Last modified Madison Rose Lane School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.