Public charter
Prescott Valley, AZ

Posted July 21, 2014
Greatly improved and rigorous program of instruction! I have a kindergartener and a senior attending PVS. The school has made great strides in improving the instructional program over the last 3 years. The school no longer uses workbooks for instruction and all instruction is delivered via direct instruction by state certified teachers. My high schooler participates in most of the competitive sports offered and my little one loves the FREE after school enrichment program. As a working mom it is a plus to have free full day kindergarten as well as a free after school program. We are excited about the expanding campus and new playground that is supposed to be going in this summer!

Posted April 30, 2014
I have 2 children currently attending PVS (Grades K & 1). My Kinder has asbergers and struggles daily, any other school would've pushed him aside and labeled him a problem child. This School has stepped up to the challenge! His teacher is absolutely amazing!! He gets the 1-on-1 he needs and we communicate daily on his struggles/strengths. I have watched both my children flourish since they started attending PVS. I will never send my children back to a regular public school again!!

Prescott Valley School 1

Posted July 07, 2012
I went to this school for nearly 3 years, and it is a very poor school. The curriculum is far below the grade level that the students should be at. When I attended this school, I got good grades, but I wasn't learning anything. I left after junior high and at my new high school, I struggled with every subject. I know this has happened with many of my other classmates as well, and most of them dropped out because their new school was too difficult. PVS makes their students fall behind. It is easy to get good grades at PVS, but you will not learn anything. If all you want is a report card with A's and B's, then maybe this school is for you. But if you want to actually get an education and be successful, stay far away from PVS.

Prescott Valley School 1

Posted April 05, 2012
I attended this school from 2003-2005. I am sure some things have improved since then, but my experience at that time was terrible. I received straight A-s and graduated a year early from this school because I was allowed to grade my own work. Never once was I challenged mentally, my high school curriculum was basically identical to what I had in junior high. I had to attend two years of community college to be eligible to attend a four-year university as PVS did not offer any lab sciences or advanced math. Because I pursued engineering, this was a serious detriment and left me struggling with every math class I ever took, most college students graduate high school with Calculus II and I graduated with Geometry. If your child is interested in science, math or engineering, I would strongly suggest a school where advanced classes are available. Also, the students were very unhappy and hostile.

Posted March 03, 2012
PVS has made a lot of positive changes in the last year! We have a college prep focus that permeates the high school grades (9-12). The elementary (K-8) is focused on math, science, and reading that is based in higher order thinking skill development. After school sports are available in grades 7-12, which include volleyball, basketball, flag football, archery, golf, soccer, and softball. Most importantly, PVS has earned North Central Accreditation candidacy status and will be fully accredited by the winter of 2012. Additionally, our school offers FREE full day Kindergarten, transportation, and a breakfast and lunch program. If you are looking for a safe school for your family, where the teachers truly care about every student, and academic excellence is a priority please stop by for a tour today!

Posted November 17, 2010
I enjoy my time at PVCS. It is one of the best teaching experiences I have had and is definetly better than a larger traditional school.

Posted November 17, 2010
The best thing about the school is the small family atmosphere. There is a small student to teacher ratio and the teachers really care about the students. The archery team has won state two years in a row and has competed nationally in the NASP Tournament in Louisville, KY.

Posted November 17, 2010
I love Prescott Valley Charter School. My daughter graduated from this school last year and is now in college.

Posted November 17, 2010
I have two students that have graduated from this school and one still attending. The school has made some positive changes which enhance student learning and foster student accountability. The teacher's are caring and concerned about the students. The small class sizes enable student learning. It is my school of choice.

Posted November 17, 2010
I love teaching at this school! It is wonderful to be able to teach in a school where every student is given the opportunity to learn in a safe and comfortable environment. Low class size also allows a teacher to establish one-on-one relationships with students and to understand learning needs.

Prescott Valley School
9500 Lorna Lane, Prescott Valley, AZ  86314
Last modified Prescott Valley School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prescott Valley School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top