Bad
Good

Posted November 22, 2015
My son graduated from PVS in 2015 and is now attending college in Phoenix. The school became internationally accredited last school year which was very important to us. The school offers art and physical education to all students daily. While the school has grown greatly the last 2 years we are impressed with the staff and all that they do for the students and families every day. We look forward to growing with the school as our daughter is now in first grade at PVS and she loves it.

Posted October 11, 2015
We have not had a good experience with this school this year. It used to be a Christian school which was respectful and fair to all. Many of the current students still display Christian principles of respect and good manners. Now new administration has taken control, and respect, communication, and accountability seems to have broken down. The enrollment has increased from 178 to over 300. This seems to have caused a problem for general and fiscal accountability. The administration seems to be overwhelmed and unaware of basic procedures within the school such as discipline, child welfare, and daily routines. Lunch payments are not posted on a timely basis. Many children complain of stomach problems which they blame on packaged frozen food microwaved and served from a garage cafeteria. Pick up and custody authorizations are not updated leading to unauthorized pick-ups which have to be chased down by the cops. Visits to children from authorized personnel such as CPS and probation officers are met with hysteria by the director. Elementary children have slipped out or run out of class unnoticed. Parents get the run-around when requesting deposits back for sports teams that were cancelled. Once an elementary child reported that profanity and racial slurs were written on the bathroom wall. The only response from the director to all teachers was that the field trip to an amusement arcade would be cancelled if the graffiti continued to happen. No indication was reported to parents that an investgation was conducted to find out the source. Many of the claims listed on the website are non-existent this year. Contracted employees are placed under tremendous stress due to the amount of work and the alloted time to complete it. Reading specialists, nurses occupational counselors and building maintenance contractors are all intimidated by the administration. Wages and benefits are promised and then recinded. The respected third-grade teacher and archery coach who had dedicated many years to her job was fired with no notice or apparent reason. This year the school opened a new building on the other side of Lorna Lane and all students grades K-12 attend classes in both buildings throughout the day. They cross the street used by big trucks and 18-wheelers because the campus is located in an industrial park. The only crossing guard is a student.

Posted July 21, 2014
Greatly improved and rigorous program of instruction! I have a kindergartener and a senior attending PVS. The school has made great strides in improving the instructional program over the last 3 years. The school no longer uses workbooks for instruction and all instruction is delivered via direct instruction by state certified teachers. My high schooler participates in most of the competitive sports offered and my little one loves the FREE after school enrichment program. As a working mom it is a plus to have free full day kindergarten as well as a free after school program. We are excited about the expanding campus and new playground that is supposed to be going in this summer!

Posted May 08, 2014
I moved my child to this school last year from a traditional public school. The curriculum at PVS is very challenging and the teachers and environment are wonderful. They have such a great group of people working there that truly care about their students.

Posted April 30, 2014
I have 2 children currently attending PVS (Grades K & 1). My Kinder has asbergers and struggles daily, any other school would've pushed him aside and labeled him a problem child. This School has stepped up to the challenge! His teacher is absolutely amazing!! He gets the 1-on-1 he needs and we communicate daily on his struggles/strengths. I have watched both my children flourish since they started attending PVS. I will never send my children back to a regular public school again!!

Posted July 07, 2012
I went to this school for nearly 3 years, and it is a very poor school. The curriculum is far below the grade level that the students should be at. When I attended this school, I got good grades, but I wasn't learning anything. I left after junior high and at my new high school, I struggled with every subject. I know this has happened with many of my other classmates as well, and most of them dropped out because their new school was too difficult. PVS makes their students fall behind. It is easy to get good grades at PVS, but you will not learn anything. If all you want is a report card with A's and B's, then maybe this school is for you. But if you want to actually get an education and be successful, stay far away from PVS.

Posted April 05, 2012
I attended this school from 2003-2005. I am sure some things have improved since then, but my experience at that time was terrible. I received straight A-s and graduated a year early from this school because I was allowed to grade my own work. Never once was I challenged mentally, my high school curriculum was basically identical to what I had in junior high. I had to attend two years of community college to be eligible to attend a four-year university as PVS did not offer any lab sciences or advanced math. Because I pursued engineering, this was a serious detriment and left me struggling with every math class I ever took, most college students graduate high school with Calculus II and I graduated with Geometry. If your child is interested in science, math or engineering, I would strongly suggest a school where advanced classes are available. Also, the students were very unhappy and hostile.

Posted March 03, 2012
PVS has made a lot of positive changes in the last year! We have a college prep focus that permeates the high school grades (9-12). The elementary (K-8) is focused on math, science, and reading that is based in higher order thinking skill development. After school sports are available in grades 7-12, which include volleyball, basketball, flag football, archery, golf, soccer, and softball. Most importantly, PVS has earned North Central Accreditation candidacy status and will be fully accredited by the winter of 2012. Additionally, our school offers FREE full day Kindergarten, transportation, and a breakfast and lunch program. If you are looking for a safe school for your family, where the teachers truly care about every student, and academic excellence is a priority please stop by for a tour today!

Prescott Valley School 4

Posted November 17, 2010
I enjoy my time at PVCS. It is one of the best teaching experiences I have had and is definetly better than a larger traditional school.

Prescott Valley School 4

Posted November 17, 2010
The best thing about the school is the small family atmosphere. There is a small student to teacher ratio and the teachers really care about the students. The archery team has won state two years in a row and has competed nationally in the NASP Tournament in Louisville, KY.

Prescott Valley School
9500 Lorna Lane, Prescott Valley, AZ  86314
Last modified Prescott Valley School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.