Queen Creek, AZ

Posted September 16, 2014
NBJH is a very good school in QC. As a parent reading these truly mean spirited evaluations, I am taken back by their comments about the front staff and principal. First, the ladies in front are very nice and helpful. NEVER had a problem. They try extremely hard AND succeed and are down to earth NOT rude or lacking in knowledge. I guess those who cast these negative reviews about the staff and school expect life on a silver platter. GET OVER YOURSELVES. Sometimes you have to wait. Ok! There are many wheels turning and if your a parent that can't see how much GOOD is going on then it's NOT the school that is the problem. The PRINCIPAL IS FANTASTIC. Again. This must be a personal vendetta that parents who expect PERFECTION. Nothing is perfect in the world, but I GUARENTEES that she/Principlal cares 100% and does a great deal to make this a great school. She is a stand up lady and loves these kids as do the staff and teachers. Personally any neg reviews should be taken with a grain of salt.

Posted September 15, 2014
Already off to a bumpy start. Things better start getting better soon, or I'll be transferring my kids back to Charter schools. Front office staff and teachers seem bothered when I call or come in. Good luck everyone.

Posted June 23, 2014
Why is it they remove every honest review that is posted on here? They ask for honest opinions, and then they are pulled from the reviews. Keep hiding the truth and the kids are the ones who suffer. We know first hand about this once we removed our child and enrolled them in another school. Pre testing showed they were tow grade levels behind, but received A's in the classes, SAD.

Posted May 22, 2014
How is it a child can fail four out of five final exams after posting almost straight A's for the second semester, and still end up with A's??? Oh I know, there was one assignment that had 115 questions, that my child only completed 35, and her grade showed 115-115 correct A+. If you care about your childs education, and want them to learn above their grade level, do not attend NBJHS. All you'll get from the principal is a promise to call you back, and never hear from her again. She don't care, nor does she know what is going on. A perfect example of a salaried position that keeps from hiring good teachers. You're only as good as your leader, and in this case, they lack one big time. She should be working at Goodwill as a volunteer.

Posted May 06, 2014
I'm commenting on the last review who can't say a good word about the principal. She is wrong ! The principal is very hands on and she is very attentive to parents and students. She is a genuine person and NOT a phony person. This review MUST HAVE A PERSONAL ISSUE that she using the internet to disparage the principal and school. My child is HAPPY and IS LEARNING! It's up to you as a parent and a student to get the most our if your own life in any situation. I guess some folks expect everything to be handed to them or to be PERFECT or else they send our bad reviews. This school is good and does not at all deserve this type of a negative review. Maybe some parents need to look at themselves and their own child if they don't like something instead if throwing sticks and stones! Just sayin! For the record: The Principal is amazing and the Vice Principal too!

Newell Barney Middle School 3

Posted January 30, 2014
My daughter is in seventh grade and doesn't like going to school anymore. She has always loved school. She has been getting bullied all year. We have talked with the teachers and counselor but things just haven't gotten better for her. The teachers seem like they have way to many kids per class in order to teach well. We are currently looking for a different school for eighth grade.

Posted January 10, 2014
Today I went to this school to enroll my child. The office staff was rude and then left multiple times to go get help and discuss the enrollment with whoever else in the back office. Finally the principle came out with an above all attitude and told me "We won't transport", which I never even asked for. Once I told her it was ok she then told me to wait for another 20 minutes. She finally came out to inform me that they would not accept my special needs kid because they were too full in the special education department. Then she told me that I could fill out the open enrollment form but said "honestly" it's full! Not happy with them.

Newell Barney Middle School 3

Posted May 08, 2013
I'm currently 7th grade and really do like this school. This school has really fun teachers, but sometimes they don't slow down for the students to learn anything, but they teach you many important skills for the future. The students here are all different and there is many that don't get along well with others. Although, there are many activities here and a really good system.

Posted April 25, 2013
2nd year for me too, and I couldn't agree more when it comes to Mr. H and his athletic department. However, I DO DISAGREE, on how the office staff is "rude". I am one of those parents who is constantly on campus for one thing or the other, and I have always felt welcomed. I love the ladies in the front office. They always seem so happy to see me. I often see the ladies kidding with the kids, making them feel comfortable. (and I have seen them discipline, when needed as well). I love this school, and could not be happier with the staff employed by it. Thanks QC. Don't let these ladies go.

Newell Barney Middle School 4

Posted April 15, 2013
My son has been here finishing up his 2nd year. The athletic program is excellent! Mr. H. Is a great guy with a lot on his plate and still manages to do a superior job.. The teachers are all "ok". Ive never had any complaints. I'd give this school 5 stars but the front office staff is horrible. If they dont think the kids come home and tell us how rude and degrading they are to them when parents arent around they may think twice. My son has even overheard them bad mouthing other parents as well. They are very unprofessional. Other than that this would be a great school. Hoping next year they have new front office people!

Newell Barney Middle School
24937 South Sossaman, Queen Creek, AZ  85242
Last modified Newell Barney Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Newell Barney Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top