Sahuarita, AZ

Posted June 23, 2014
My child has issues all last year at this school. The addressing of these concerns were swept under the rug over and over. I did not quit though. I will advocate for my child, that is my job. The bullying at this school is ridiculous. Teachers do not follow protocol when it somes to addressing these issues, and neither do the administrators. Upon bringing one indicent to the attention of an administrator, the bully was actually defended to me. I could not understand the audacity of what was being told to me. I wish there was a way I could revamp this school system as I feel no one, not even the superintendent can handle this properly. All of the schools in Sahuarita are a mess. Steer clear!

Sahuarita Middle School 3

Posted March 28, 2014
We recently moved and my son transferred to this school. He likes the teachers and the students thus far seem nice. He isn't picked on or anything like that. Of course he's a very tall 8th grader which probably helps a little. I am not, however, impressed with the administrative staff WHATSOEVER! 1. We were told to show up at 8:00 and a counselor would escort my son to each class so he would not get lost. a. We showed up at 8:00, but the counselor did not come out until 8:40. He did not introduce himself by name to anyone (parent or student) and simply told the kids to follow him. He did not escort my son to each class and my son failed to find the cafeteria so he did not eat lunch at all that day. 2. Setting up his student ID. He was told later in the week by the cafeteria that he does not show up in the system as a student. After 3 days of dealing with this issue and asking for the staff to contact me, I have had to go down twice to the office to get answers as to why he doesn't show up and where my check is that I wrote to the cafeteria. (I want to ensure it is posted to HIS acct). So, to sum up...kids seem okay, food awesome, staff, meh!

Posted April 28, 2012
Teachers at SMS are BULLIES! My child is openly picked on for the amusement of other children. If I address it, of course it's " No ma'am, that NEVER happens." my daughter sure does an awful lot of crying because she was, yet again, humiliated! How I would LOVE to sit in these classrooms, and if there was any decent leadership at the top, somebody would be. We are moving in one month, thankfully! I can't wait to get away from this school!

Posted November 01, 2011
DONT GO TO THIS SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!! This is a terrible school I can't stand it.Trust me this is not a good school.

Posted September 28, 2011
Warning! Warning! Warning! Before seriously considering this school district you might wanna find out what the school's philosophy is! The district believes that a struggling child can take a test multiple times until he/she passes without recording the actual failing grades! If this is something that you can live with then this is the place for your kids, if not then stay away! Do they seriously care about the education of your child or is it manipulation only to convince you, the concerned parent, that the staff isn't sold on the "easy way out!" Ask questions about "re-testing" and what happens to the first grade. Their computer grading website "worldbyme" will not show failing grades! Good luck and choose wisely!

Posted August 10, 2011
Do whatever you have to to get your kids in another school. My son was told by another kid, during an altercation, that since he knew the principal that my son would be the only one to get in trouble. This kid was absolutely correct, even though he only took reasonable measures to defend himself against a physical attack. The teachers were lackluster at best, and we were much happier when we moved into a neighboring school district. I am happy to have my kids out of the environment at Sahuarita Intermediate School.

Sahuarita Middle School 5

Posted July 27, 2009
S.M.S is a good school teachers and students are all awesome. The leadership class at S.M.S is extraordinary we do community service, food drives, and tons more. Its my favorite class and i always look forward to it everyday.

Sahuarita Middle School 0

Posted October 21, 2008
After being here in Sahuarita for 2 Years this school does not offer to much security for our kids. I would not recomend this School to anyone.

Sahuarita Middle School 5

Posted July 31, 2008
I am in LOVE with this school. It was so much fun, and the teachers are so understanding and make learning fun and easy. They have some problems here and there but overall this has been thee best school experience ever, and i am soooo excited to go back this year!!

Sahuarita Middle School 2

Posted January 03, 2008
I am very happy to be leaving the school this year. The classrooms are over crowded and they teach the AIM test instead of teaching us for high school. It is a great social event to go to school but other wise a usless experience.

Sahuarita Middle School
350 W Sahuarita Rd, Sahuarita, AZ  85629
Last modified Sahuarita Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sahuarita Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top