Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My teachers give me help and are super nice and kind and they can handle a classroom easy.

I feel this way because I know that I can always get help whenever I ask for it. I also have great friends here!

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

I know tat I can always ask an older student for help.

The staff at Sahuarita Middle School are wonderful. Teachers care about their students. Administrators are attentive to the needs of each individual student.

My child has issues all last year at this school. The addressing of these concerns were swept under the rug over and over. I did not quit though. I will advocate for my child, that is my job. The bullying at this school is ridiculous. Teachers do not follow protocol when it somes to addressing these issues, and neither do the administrators. Upon bringing one indicent to the attention of an administrator, the bully was actually defended to me. I could not understand the audacity of what was being told to me. I wish there was a way I could revamp this school system as I feel no one, not even the superintendent can handle this properly. All of the schools in Sahuarita are a mess. Steer clear!

We recently moved and my son transferred to this school. He likes the teachers and the students thus far seem nice. He isn't picked on or anything like that. Of course he's a very tall 8th grader which probably helps a little. I am not, however, impressed with the administrative staff WHATSOEVER! 1. We were told to show up at 8:00 and a counselor would escort my son to each class so he would not get lost. a. We showed up at 8:00, but the counselor did not come out until 8:40. He did not introduce himself by name to anyone (parent or student) and simply told the kids to follow him. He did not escort my son to each class and my son failed to find the cafeteria so he did not eat lunch at all that day. 2. Setting up his student ID. He was told later in the week by the cafeteria that he does not show up in the system as a student. After 3 days of dealing with this issue and asking for the staff to contact me, I have had to go down twice to the office to get answers as to why he doesn't show up and where my check is that I wrote to the cafeteria. (I want to ensure it is posted to HIS acct). So, to sum up...kids seem okay, food awesome, staff, meh!

Teachers at SMS are BULLIES! My child is openly picked on for the amusement of other children. If I address it, of course it's " No ma'am, that NEVER happens." my daughter sure does an awful lot of crying because she was, yet again, humiliated! How I would LOVE to sit in these classrooms, and if there was any decent leadership at the top, somebody would be. We are moving in one month, thankfully! I can't wait to get away from this school!

DONT GO TO THIS SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!! This is a terrible school I can't stand it.Trust me this is not a good school.

Warning! Warning! Warning! Before seriously considering this school district you might wanna find out what the school's philosophy is! The district believes that a struggling child can take a test multiple times until he/she passes without recording the actual failing grades! If this is something that you can live with then this is the place for your kids, if not then stay away! Do they seriously care about the education of your child or is it manipulation only to convince you, the concerned parent, that the staff isn't sold on the "easy way out!" Ask questions about "re-testing" and what happens to the first grade. Their computer grading website "worldbyme" will not show failing grades! Good luck and choose wisely!

Do whatever you have to to get your kids in another school. My son was told by another kid, during an altercation, that since he knew the principal that my son would be the only one to get in trouble. This kid was absolutely correct, even though he only took reasonable measures to defend himself against a physical attack. The teachers were lackluster at best, and we were much happier when we moved into a neighboring school district. I am happy to have my kids out of the environment at Sahuarita Intermediate School.

Last modified Sahuarita Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.