Legacy Traditional School - Queen Creek

Charter | K-8 | 955 students

Posted October 15, 2014

This school is excellent. Administration cares about the students, teachers and parents are truly try to do their very best. The school has an accelerated curriculum, and high expectations are in place allowing students to rise to the challenges and they impress in every area. Parents are supportive and involved and it feels like a big family gathering. Amazing school!

Posted October 13, 2014

Legacy Traditional School is a great school providing an excellent education to their students. We have two children and it is our second year attending Legacy. Both children have great teachers. Teachers and Staff members always greet you in the hallway or out front of the school. The Principal and Assistant Principal are often standing out at parent pick up helping after school. We love that the principal starts the school day with all students outside at Flag Ceremony. Flag Ceremony includes the Pledge, Character Trait Quote and Announcements. Parents are even welcome to attend Flag Ceremony! My husband and I really like that the school is Patriotic and focuses on teaching children to respect our country. We are also impressed with the accelerated education program. Our children came from public school and are excelling at this school. We are thankful for the high standards and expectations at Legacy. We feel that our children are being challenged and receiving the quality of a private school education. We really like the positive atmosphere and think that it is a blessing to have our children attending school at Legacy.

Posted October 13, 2014

I was not happy with any of the neighborhood schools in this area. I had researched them while my kiddos were little and still at home. I decided to homeschool my children because I wasn't confident in any of the district schools. After several years of homeschooling, Legacy opened. It was a game changer for our family. My girls have thrived in this back-to-basics school. They are involved in sports, band, the school musical, and other clubs and after school activities. We have LOVED being at Legacy and would recommend it to everyone! The teachers are amazing and are so willing to go above and beyond. The administrators are happy and invested in the school. The campus is amazing and beautiful. There is nothing about this school that we don't love!

Posted October 12, 2014

Legacy is a great place for any family looking for a quality education, not just a charter school! The school is warm and inviting. The teachers are caring, professional and help students reach the high expectations of the academic program. The administrators welcome and encourage parent participation. We couldn't be happier!

Posted October 12, 2014

I currently have a 2nd and 8th grader in attendance at Legacy Traditional Queen Creek. It is our second year at this Legacy campus. We love the Principal and Assistant Principal these two are an amazing team! They have both worked with me anytime I have needed them in a timely and professional manner. It is our families school of choice due to its accelerated curriculum including Saxon Math and Spalding. After paying for private tuition in the past, I can say that my children are receiving an equal and greater education here. All staff, whether it be front office, teachers, maintenance, food services or aides are always helpful and willing to assist in any way needed. I feel very fortunate to have found this school.

Posted September 18, 2014

First off this school is NOT for everybody. It's a "charter" school, thus they can do what ever they want to. Principal, management, and most staff act "fake". Seems like this school is more worried about how they look, both property and themselves. I always had the feeling that the staff, especially the Principal, give off the impression that they are "stuck up" and "act" like they care when they don't. Legacy Traditional Schools is new to "being a school", district, managing/implementing rules and procedures....and it shows!! If you want to have a voice for yourself, your child and know that the school has to stick to certain regulations and procedures...go to a public school. I will never recommend anyone to enroll in this or any Legacy Traditional School OR for employment! Very disappointed!!

Posted August 12, 2014

My daughter was attending this school for 3 years. First teacher and principal ( in 1st Grade) were great. Second year and 2nd Grade - teacher was OK, principal was OK. Third year and 3rd Grade - bad teacher and principal. My daughter test papers were constantly missing, some test did not get finished because she as in gifted program at the time of a test. So her grades went down. We had several meetings with teacher and principal, even requested to change teacher. School refused. We are not coming back. She will miss her friends but not the school.

Posted June 13, 2014

I love Legacy Traditional School in Queen Creek. They teach love for America and patriotism. My kids are challenged and are expected to be responsible and respectful. The staff is friendly and feel like family. The administration is friendly and wonderful to work with. It has been a great choice for our family.

Posted June 13, 2014

I love Legacy for my daughter. She has been attending Legacy for three years now and truly excelled. I think it is important for parents to know that this is an accelerated school, math is taught up one grade level and it can be challenging. I like the fact that students have PE 4 times per week, music, computers and library time. They do follow a traditional learning path, no group type projects but they encourage the students to think for themselves

Posted May 16, 2014

First off the kids are held to very high academic standards and a nearly college level grading system,and then the school allows parents grade the tests! As a result the tests are often graded incorrectly. You need to go over the tests that come home. Secondly, most of the staff goes to the same Mormon church, and the kids they go to church with are allowed to bully nonMormon kids. By bullying I'm talking about taunting, violent threats, and physical injuries on the playground. Since the state is funding this school and it is not a Mormon private school, the administration would do well to remember that they are obligated to provide ALL the students with a safe learning environment- not just the kids of their church buddies. Lastly, one of my kids had a teacher who was a miserable, passive aggressive, bully. I couldn't go to the administration about it because I doubt they would care, since that has been the trend this year(another parent tried and was ignored). I think it would've been worse for child if I had. That said, my kids made some good friends(LDS and otherwise), and some teachers and staff we met were pleasant and professional. We are moving on next year though.

Posted May 8, 2014

I have three kids that have been going here for about a year. It depends on the child whether or not this school will work for them. My oldest is in Jr. High and loves it. He participated in sports that really built his confidence. As far as academics he came from Newell Barney with straight A's. I can tell its a bit more challenging for him now. I've only been disappointed in one of his teachers. She has said so many inappropriate things to my son and other students, has openly humiliated my son, and has given him and others harsh consequences that were not deserved b and later she'd apologize to them and say she's "just in a bad mood". I've heard she won't be back next year, hopefully that is true. My younger kids struggled with wearing uniforms and accelerated curriculum. I realize my kids are all different, so what's good for one, may not be good for the other. We've had to figure that out on our own because the teachers that they had didn't really do anything extra to help them catch up or showed any leinancy on things they were getting used to doing. We've sure tried on our end but unfortunately I think next year I will put them back into their former school.

Posted April 26, 2014

I would rate this school a 2 stars on problem solving, but 3 overall. My child has had an awful year here with a teacher and administration that obviously does not have any idea how to deal with a child with a diagnosed behavior disorder. It was recommended by a medical professional that his teacher be changed, school refuses. He is trapped in a classroom with a teacher who is not only on a "my way or the highway" power trip with the students, but also with parents. The school also needs to realize that rules, strictness, regulations, etc are needed and great, however, all people are individuals and sometimes the "one size fits all" rules and regulations do not work for every child and compromises need to be made in order to help everyone involved. Their grading system also leaves something to be desires and is more of a college level grading system, which in my opinion, is not beneficial for the grade levels that this school teaches. If you want your child to be told WHAT to think versus being taught HOW to think, this is a great school, if not then I'd recommend to continue searching.

Posted April 25, 2014

I agree with the last review. So many times this year, when I've had to deal with some of the administrative assistants and the administration I've just walked away feeling so frustrated. They often don't return calls or do what they tell you they are going to do. I literally have come dread it every time I know I will have to interact with any of them, because of the lack of caring and belligerent attitude I've got from them throughout the year. There have been issues like I've never witnessed at a school. Running out of food before lunch is half way over and withholding water from kids who have been made to exercise in 100 plus degree weather because there was"not time for everyone to get a drink" to name a couple. Also, families need to be aware that all children who attend this school are required to do work a full year above their grade level in all subjects. The "tutoring" before school amounts to kids sitting a classroom where the teacher goes over the most missed questions on the last test. There will not be any extra individual help for kids who struggle in different areas, and the class sizes at the school are pretty big.

Posted April 25, 2014

If you're less concerned about quality education, effective communication and competent teachers and more concerned about how much the inside of the school looks like your local Hobby Lobby, then this is the place for you. This little gem of a school is jam packed with superficial, robot-like administrators and snarky, judgemental administrative staff. Needless to say, my child will not be attending this school in the fall.

Posted October 24, 2013

my son has been attending legacy traditional school queen creek campus for almost 3 years now. Although it was tough his first year coming out of public school(j.o.combs district) because of legacys accellerated program, he has excelled in all areas.My sons writing has inproved dramatically.The school uniforms I love and the parent envolvement is required too. The teachers and staff are amazing! Im so happy here and so is my son!

Posted May 17, 2013

We came to this school after Christmas Break in January. So far I absolutely love the school! The front staff is friendly and quite helpful, and the teachers are pretty good. I love the fact that parents need to volunteer there. It isn't much that they ask, only 12 hours total for the whole year. For those who work, you can take stuff home to do there. The school offers a lot of wonderful stuff, such as band, orchestra, computer lab, library, gymnasium, cafeteria and more! For a charter school, I find that awesome! I would highly recommend this school!

Posted January 31, 2013

We have had our four children at Legacy Traditional Queen Creek for the past three school years. We are very happy with this school. The teachers are, truly, top-notch. The staff is helpful, friendly and always keeps the safety of the entire campus at the top of the priority list. The principal and vice-principal are directed leaders that are approachable and dedicated to this great program. Parents must volunteer and I consider that a perk, as well, because involved parents lead to involved and committed students. One of the best decisions we have made as parents was sending our children to this school.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

91 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

91 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

81 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

82 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

79 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

80 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

80 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 85% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 52% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

77 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 72% in 2013.

77 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • This school did not receive a designation in 2009-2010.
  • This school did not receive a designation in 2008-2009.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 40%N/A47%
Female 52%N/A49%
Male 48%N/A51%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Librarian/media specialist(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Gifted specialist(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
School psychologist
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• PE instructor(s)
  • School psychologist
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

Extra learning resources offered
  • Acceleration
  • Gifted specialist(s)

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 2:40 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

Extra learning resources offered
  • Acceleration
  • Counseling
Transportation options
  • Transportation provided for special education students only
  • Art room
  • Cafeteria
  • Computer lab
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Drama
Media arts
  • None

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Art club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council