Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Teachers are as effective as the school allows them to be. This school has a very strict agenda

I moved my son to this school in the 6th grade after having 3 bad years in a row with a JO Combs school. His grades went from D's and F's to A's and B's. His self esteem improved right away! I love this school and everything about it. The staff is amazing and they do a great job in hiring teachers that truly care about the children.

The campus is small but well run. The administration and staff are wonderful. I've been in touch with Ms. Taylor (vice principal) a few times this year over bullying and behavioral issues my kid has faced and she was quick to bring in all kids and resolve any problems. She called me before and after the meeting to let me know how things had gone and encouraged me to call any time. Mrs. Higbee has been a caring, supportive and encouraging teacher. My child has made remarkable progress and continues to excel. I like that there is structure but the atmosphere is less regimented than other charter schools, so my child actually comes home happy and not stressed out by school work.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Good character traits (citizenship, honesty, integrity, etc) are a core part of the school's curriculum. They use the "bucket filler" program to encourage good character.

I moved my son to this school after a huge district "let down." The staff is friendly and efficient and the teacher is passionate about education. So Happy we made the switch!

I am impressed by the standards set by this school. I can see my children are being challenged by the curriculum and can succeed. I love the location and the new campus. The administtration is well-run and organized.

Last modified Happy Valley School East Campus is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.