Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son and I came to this school after a bad experience in a tempe school. My son is on the spectrim and is really hard to teach sometimes. I told them everything that was going on with my son and laid everything out. The school psychologist Ken Bauman was super friendly and helpful. When my son started class he was still having problems. But that's when his teachers really pulled together to help him. They have come up with plans to help him out, they have never given up on him. They bend over backwards ever day to help my son and it blows me away every time. The assistant principal Rene Murphy is super friendly and helpful. They resource teacher Anne Morrow and the second grade teacher Brianna Maxwell go out of there way everyday to teach my son. The team at this school works together and go out of there way to help the children. Even the cross guard cheri goes out of her way to say good morning to my son everyday. I can not believe how awesome this school is.

Develops character: Strongly agree

bullying is ignored at this school. Even when a child or parent brings it to the staffs attention it is ignored. horrible school

there is no communication and teachers I have had experience with just don't care.. too many children and not enough caring teachers.

New Principal lacks interaction with parents. She doesn't seem very approachable neither does the vice principal. I hope they both will become more supportive with PTA as the previous principal was. We really miss her.

Yavapai is an amazing place for students to be themselves.The principal is very nice and fun.The school offers Thunderbird Acadamey which gives grades 2-6 a choice to join a before school or after school club. Therfore PROVES that Yavapai is a great school to enroll for. You can get an amazing home in the area of Scottsdale that is safe and very friendly for you and your family.

I totally agree with things falling on deaf ears @ Yavapai elementary in Scottsdale, AZ!!! Everything ive ever said fell on deaf ears, & this is my first year for my child @ this school 2010-2011..... The principal is VERY MEAN? O.K., she might be a little mean, but I do not understand she failed to reprimand one of her lunch ladies, after she put my daughter in time out for not eating her lunch? Or maybe calling her MEAN, is too much, even after the fact that she called the police on my wife & I for asking the lunch lady what happened? Maybe because the lunch lady had her boyfriend hanging out @ work, ready to fight me as soon as I questioned her about what the heck happened? HHHHHHHMMMMMMM.................. Besides the fact that the principal lacks INTEGRITY in all matters of her position, its a OK school for your kids to learn!!! lol

An outstanding staff and administration! Yavapai has developed outstanding programs to meet the needs of all learners. My son has matured greatly during his first 4 years. Communication is excellent! Teachers and administration are accessible and willing to assist when necessary. This school deserves a pat on the back!

My child has been at Yavapai since Pre-K and has enjoyed being at Yavapai for the most part, but this year has been extremely disappointing and worrisome! The teachers are great and really care for the students. The Principal is effective and has done a lot for Yavapai, but there is one huge problem at this school: Bullies! My child is being bullied. I reported the problem more than twice and it seems to have fallen on deaf ears. My child will not return to Yavapai and I would not recommend this school until they protect our children from bullies.

I want to thank Yavapai for a great first year with the Scottsdale District. Coming in as a 6th grader was made easy for my child.My childs homeroom teacher is the best, she really works hard to keep our child on track and does her best to motivate allowing for our child to reach higher standards.At times it is a struggle , but she always manages to pull our child through.The Leadership is outstanding and is there when you need help.I am very greatful we made the switch.My child has a better attitude towards school since they have been at Yavapai.The school does alot for all the students.Thanks to the PTA for all they do to support the kids as well.

I belived that this school is doing much better this year it has improved when it comes to better teachers

Last modified Yavapai Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.