PK-6 & Ungraded
Scottsdale, AZ

Posted December 09, 2014
We are THRILLED with Redfield. We came to Redfield from another local school and we couldn't be happier. The principal knows every child and made our kids feel welcome from day one Our kids teachers are outstanding. We wish we would have made the switch earlier.

Posted October 21, 2014
The teacher hit my son within the first month of school, she calls him names, and they don't have a program for autistic students.

Posted August 20, 2014
This school is just horrible . My son has been at Redfield for 4 years now and I'm not even sure why he's still there. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone. They can't celebrate any holiday not even birthdays but for some reason my son knows all of the Jewish holidays . I have nothing against learning about different religions but when you change the pledge of allegiance because it says " one nation under God" do not teach my son of your preferred religion. The majority of the teachers are Jewish and I believe the principle is as well . Once again I have nothing against any race or religion but I just think it's a little upsetting that my son has to miss school because the Jewish religion has to fast . You will notice every Jewish holiday is reserved .

Posted August 07, 2014
The "gate keeper" is rude and unprofessional. She reported that I was "erratic" yelling and verbally assaultive. Yes, if you are condescending and interrupt me as I am speaking after being asked not to interrupt I just might have a few words to say. When asking to speak to another person I was redirected to the VP. When I said "great" the gate keeper replied "FANTASTIC". I concur about emails not being returned in a timely fashion. Told there is a 24-48 hr turnaround after having waited a week for a follow up. My child's second yr starting. We shall see.

Posted June 25, 2014
My son's school is Redfield and I am not impressed with the teachers and the principal, I can see why this school ranks low statewide. Their the problem is the lack of leadership (the principal) . When staff are looking to leave the school, parents are frustrated and looking else where, some morning/afternoon teachers don't look happy to be there, it sends up a red flags. The principal needs to be held to a higher level of accountability. I think Miss Bono thinks she knows best for all, but clearly does not.She talks about her many years as a teacher and now principal and likes to get in your face about her 20+ years of experience, but anyone can tell this school is not managed correctly. New teachers flee this school within 1 year of coming hear. This appears to be the dumping ground for bad teachers or teachers that do not care anymore. Any teacher that does care moves on to another school ASAP. I will be removing my son from this school ASAP.

Posted June 24, 2014
Not impressed and when I've compared other schools in the area to Redfield, I can see why this school ranks low statewide. Having worked in corporate America and brought up in the military, the problem is the lack of leadership (the principal) . When staff are looking to leave the school, parents are frustrated and looking else where, some morning/afternoon teachers don't look happy to be there, it sends up a red flags. The principal needs to be held to a higher level of accountability. I think Miss Bono may have become complacent in her career (it shows) and needs to be graded annually like some teacher in other states. The teachers seem to be nice, parents are nice, but way too much fundraising and asking for money with all the flyers sent home. I'd personally would rather give $20 at the beginning of the year and call it good for my contribution and not be bombarded with fundraiser after fundraiser. Where is the money going? I can't see it's going towards academics. Coming from another state and only judging this school, their level of academics is lagging and is worrisome that my child will be average by going to this school and be given opportunities to rise above.

Posted May 23, 2014
this school has a high teacher turnover rate, which suggests administration issues. The teachers are really great and the ones I've spoken to are leaving to other SUSD schools, which means susd isn't the issue, someone needs to look at the principal. I've only dealt with her on 2 occasions and both times she was overbearing, unaccountable and fast to try and place blame elsewhere. Shes is all about fake smiles until you bring up a concern. make sure you have all communication in writing. she will fast talk her way out of any responsibility and she will tell your child they are wrong. I know how the parents and kids feel, but I can only imagine what the teachers must feel about her?

Redfield Elementary School 4

Posted April 08, 2014
My first year experiencing Redfield and the Kindergarten teacher is proactive, positive and spends time with her class. Ofcourse there were some bumps in the road the beginning of the year since some kids weren't use to structure, but all is ironed out. I wish they had a serarate class for kids who know the materials being taught, but that is no fault of the teacher. I just have to keep my child learning at home. Looking forward to 1st Grade.

Posted January 19, 2014
This is our first year at Redfield, and we have been really impressed. My son's teacher is awesome, and the lessons and projects he does at school are wonderful. The kids in his class are great, and we really like the PTO. We can't recommend this school enough!

Posted October 14, 2013
This is my son's first year at this school. I have been pleasantly surprised by his teacher, the staff, the level of learning, and my son's attitude towards school since moving here. He was at another school last year for Kindergarten and I was absolutely mortified by his teacher's behavior. He loves going to school each day and I couldn't be happier with his school.

Redfield Elementary School
9181 E. Redfield Rd., Scottsdale, AZ  85260
Last modified Redfield Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Redfield Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top