Scottsdale, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted April 27, 2014
My kids are in third and fifth grade and have attended BMES all years. The teachers and staff are amazing. The teachers established a tutoring session before and after school to help the students improve their understanding of the AIMS. My children wanted to go to these sessions which showed me that the teachers made a great impact on relating the importance of the AIMS and improving their overall knowledge to them. BMES is a top rated school for more than the A+ rating. The teachers, staff, and principal all try and do what is best for their students first. If there are any suggested improvements please push them up to the principal and PTO so we can try and make every child's experience amazing at BMES.

Posted April 27, 2014
Clearly the post written a few days ago is meant for the Black Mountain in Golden Valley and not this one. It says that there is a lot of turnover. This is not correct as most of the teachers have worked at Black Mountain for many many years. In fact, this school is so great that people come from all over to work here. I heard that with one opening, there are 60 applicants. The comment about the principal's inexperience is completely wrong. Mr. Owsley has many years of teaching experience and many more years of administrative experience in Cave Creek and another school district. He is an award winning principal at the district and state level. The kids, staff, and parents love him. The teaching staff is one of the best in the state and earned an A from the Arizona Department of Education and an A+ School of Excellence designation from the Arizona Education Foundation. This is a huge accomplishment as it is done through a thorough outside analysis by experts in education. This school is amazing and anyone that says otherwise is misinformed. I have had nothing but fabulous experiences at Black Mountain for the years that my children have been here.

Posted April 26, 2014
Wow. I was sad to read the last review by that parent who is so upset with the school and calling it a failing school district. I was so thrilled to hear that the State of AZ awarded Black Mountain the prestigious honor of an A+ School of Excellence, they EARNED it, and DESERVE it. I don't know what experience that parent or child has had, but they clearly have not tried to address their concerns. My kids have had issues and I addressed them and was satisfied with the outcome. It amazes me how easy it is for that parent who made the post below to criticize anonymously. They clearly did not address their concerns head on and I feel sorry for that parent, but more so for their child. It is easy to sit back and type harsh and hurtful words, but then again, that is what is so great about the USA, free speech.

Black Mountain Elementary School 1

Posted April 26, 2014
This school is a fine example of a failed school district . From the in experienced principle to poor teaching staff . Not all teachers there are a few of very caring and devoted teachers . But most leave as they can not handle the complete disregard to the education of the students . I am a parent that cares deeply about my child's education as these are not the times when education should not be dictated by the mighty dollar . This district is one of the wealthiest and runs like they are on a 2.00 budget. Don't get caught up also on the fact that they promote the school as an A + school . It is a completely false statement . I have had F tests that miraculously turned to A s after a five minute review of what was missed . This is not real life and the wrong thing to be teaching our kids. I wish I was the parent that just ha a bad experience , that's not the case . There are many other parents like my self tht share the same concerns . I could go on about the problems with this school , but I would recommend the parents do your homework and think carefully before you send your child to this or any school in this district.

Posted April 24, 2014
Excellent school! Teachers are dedicated to skill improvement of every student. Principal engaged in all areas. This is a very positive learning environment that creates a good foundation for a love a learning. Good facility with lots of open space. I tried 3 charter schools before coming here. BMES is infinitely better.

Posted April 15, 2014
We moved to Cave Creek in 2010 and all three of our children have attended Black Mountain. We absolutely love it! Excellent academic ratings, the administration and staff are wonderful. Principal Owsley is super involved with the kids, young and fun. He even played football with our kids class! He also implemented a quarterly "reaching higher" awards assembly to recognize outstanding students, it's the cutest thing, the kids feel like super stars! Staffed by wonderful experienced teachers who create such a positive experience for the kids. Great parent involvment and lots of wonderful families! The community is great, we love the school, I highly recommend it!

Posted April 10, 2014
Black Mountain is hands down the best school in the Cave Creek Unified School District. As an employee, I am familiar with all the campuses and hold them all in high regard but I feel the community feel, great teachers, dynamic principal, organized front office, Health aide and support staff and involved families, BMES is number one.

Black Mountain Elementary School 4

Posted April 09, 2014
BMES is a fantastic learning community. The teachers are well qualified, compassionate and loving. The families are highly involved and friendly. The Principal is very hands on and is kind yet respected by students, staff and parents. My son is very happy and is always motivated to go to school. He is supported and feels happy and safe on campus. I am thrilled to call BMES our school! Go Bobcats!

Posted April 08, 2014
Black Mountain Elementary is exceptional for these reasons: 1. Our students arrive full of desire to learn each and every day. 2. Our PTO is deeply committed to helping our BMES achieve its social and academic goals. Our volunteers work every week in classrooms, every week in the library, every month with Mini Museum and organize every large festival/event hosted by our school. They work hard. They do this because they care about BMES and want to do their part in making sure the kids at BMES have a great academic and social experience. 3. The hardest working, most passionate and deeply dedicated group of people you could EVER hope to work with are the teachers here at BMES. The desire to reach all of our students is priority and the desire to see them achieve is the focus of every lesson design. Hours are poured into lessons that go way beyond the span of textbook methodology. Hours are spent long after the setting of the sun creating, exchanging, and refining lessons so that our kids can receive the best that we have to offer them. 4. Our principal...a true leader, wise beyond his years, completely dedicated to the kids, his teachers and the community-- A joy to know.

Posted April 08, 2014
Black Mountain is an excellent school in the Cave Creek Unified School District. The entire campus is welcoming and warm, including staff and students. BMES also partners with the community for many great causes.

Black Mountain Elementary School
33606 N. 60th Street, Scottsdale, AZ  85266
Last modified Black Mountain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Black Mountain Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top