Black Mountain Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 19, 2015
This school has a great reputation for developing our kids academically as well as socially!

Posted May 07, 2015
Black Mountain is an amazing school! They have been rated a High Performing Reward School as well as an A school by the Arizona Department of Education. They have also received the designation of A+ School of Excellence by the Arizona Education Foundation. The teachers are the best around and make a huge difference to students both high and low. The students at Black Mountain are greeted with a smile every day and given many opportunities to excel. The last reviewer clearly does not know what they are saying.

Posted May 07, 2015
This is my first year at BMES and as a parent of two young children, I can tell you that this school was a deciding factor in where my family decided to build our home a few years back. I enrolled my oldest in the pre-school at BMES and from day one, everything about this school just felt right. The office staff knows all of the 500 students by name, the teachers seem genuinely happy as they walk down the halls, and there is an overall sense of pride among the students. BMES is more than just a school, it is a community....a family. As a very involved parent in the school, I can tell you that when I walk down the halls, I have no doubt in my mind that my children are challenged, respected, and valued here each and every day. I couldn't have asked for a better early education experience for our family! We are proud to be a Bobcat Family!

Black Mountain Elementary School 1

Posted May 01, 2015
All about the money , burnt out staff , not a teacher to be found in the school ...

Posted April 27, 2014
My kids are in third and fifth grade and have attended BMES all years. The teachers and staff are amazing. The teachers established a tutoring session before and after school to help the students improve their understanding of the AIMS. My children wanted to go to these sessions which showed me that the teachers made a great impact on relating the importance of the AIMS and improving their overall knowledge to them. BMES is a top rated school for more than the A+ rating. The teachers, staff, and principal all try and do what is best for their students first. If there are any suggested improvements please push them up to the principal and PTO so we can try and make every child's experience amazing at BMES.

Posted April 27, 2014
Clearly the post written a few days ago is meant for the Black Mountain in Golden Valley and not this one. It says that there is a lot of turnover. This is not correct as most of the teachers have worked at Black Mountain for many many years. In fact, this school is so great that people come from all over to work here. I heard that with one opening, there are 60 applicants. The comment about the principal's inexperience is completely wrong. Mr. Owsley has many years of teaching experience and many more years of administrative experience in Cave Creek and another school district. He is an award winning principal at the district and state level. The kids, staff, and parents love him. The teaching staff is one of the best in the state and earned an A from the Arizona Department of Education and an A+ School of Excellence designation from the Arizona Education Foundation. This is a huge accomplishment as it is done through a thorough outside analysis by experts in education. This school is amazing and anyone that says otherwise is misinformed. I have had nothing but fabulous experiences at Black Mountain for the years that my children have been here.

Posted April 26, 2014
Wow. I was sad to read the last review by that parent who is so upset with the school and calling it a failing school district. I was so thrilled to hear that the State of AZ awarded Black Mountain the prestigious honor of an A+ School of Excellence, they EARNED it, and DESERVE it. I don't know what experience that parent or child has had, but they clearly have not tried to address their concerns. My kids have had issues and I addressed them and was satisfied with the outcome. It amazes me how easy it is for that parent who made the post below to criticize anonymously. They clearly did not address their concerns head on and I feel sorry for that parent, but more so for their child. It is easy to sit back and type harsh and hurtful words, but then again, that is what is so great about the USA, free speech.

Posted April 24, 2014
Excellent school! Teachers are dedicated to skill improvement of every student. Principal engaged in all areas. This is a very positive learning environment that creates a good foundation for a love a learning. Good facility with lots of open space. I tried 3 charter schools before coming here. BMES is infinitely better.

Posted April 15, 2014
We moved to Cave Creek in 2010 and all three of our children have attended Black Mountain. We absolutely love it! Excellent academic ratings, the administration and staff are wonderful. Principal Owsley is super involved with the kids, young and fun. He even played football with our kids class! He also implemented a quarterly "reaching higher" awards assembly to recognize outstanding students, it's the cutest thing, the kids feel like super stars! Staffed by wonderful experienced teachers who create such a positive experience for the kids. Great parent involvment and lots of wonderful families! The community is great, we love the school, I highly recommend it!

Posted April 10, 2014
Black Mountain is hands down the best school in the Cave Creek Unified School District. As an employee, I am familiar with all the campuses and hold them all in high regard but I feel the community feel, great teachers, dynamic principal, organized front office, Health aide and support staff and involved families, BMES is number one.

Black Mountain Elementary School
33606 N. 60th Street, Scottsdale, AZ  85266
Last modified Black Mountain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Black Mountain Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top