Public charter
Scottsdale, AZ
After care: No

Foothills Academy College Preparatory 2

Posted May 19, 2015
Our family has two children who have attended Foothills for 4 years. We have experienced four instances of seriously questionable behavior on the part of teaching staff. In three out of four the administration was passive and frankly lacking in direction on how to handle the staff. I would go as far to say that the principle is in fear of her own staff. The director hides from any type of conflict entirely and avoids parent complaints. We have witnessed levels of passive aggressive behavior towards students and parents by the teaching staff . We have witnessed teaching staff having conversations with students that are far beyond the scope of their job requirements. We have also experienced a very interesting academic structure. Our family has grown concerned that the lesson plans are not challenging. We have experienced a lot of movies being played in class instead of teaching being done. The administration ridicules this website and claims it has no merit. I am speaking from our experience and urge others to do the same. We have elected to take our children out of this environment.

Posted April 25, 2015
Wonderful experiences at this school. Great staff, faculty., extracurriculars. We certainly found the right challenge for our gifted math nut!

Posted April 25, 2015
Outstanding campus. Our soon loves it there and loves the sports program, the teachers, the staff. It's a welcoming environment and he says he's never been to a better school. Homework is a bit excessive with Study Island assignments that are tedious and the Thursday tests are stressful, but he's getting the hang of it and never wants to leave. Glad we found it.

Posted March 16, 2015
My daughter is into art and the new art teacher is fantastic! She has learned a lot in her class and they have done incredible art projects. My daughter struggles with math, but they have all this extra help like the after school math help that is available every day after school. It seems that this has helped her out.

Posted March 09, 2015
This is a very warm and welcoming school. Like a family. My son was being bullied at his other school, but now he feels like he "fits in" since he switch to Foothills Academy. He plans to stay and graduate with his friends.

Foothills Academy College Preparatory 1

Posted March 03, 2015
This school is THE worst school I have ever been to. There are two good teachers but everyone else is horrible. Especially the principle. She doesn't know how to run the school. The staff and students despise her. They care more about how the students look and dress than their education. One time they made me sit in the office waiting for a new pair of shoes for almost two hours instead of letting me go to class. Half the time teachers are not in class and when they are they rarely actually teach. One of our teachers went shopping several times during our class period instead of teaching and would make students go get the teachers' lunch during class time. The office is so disorganized; when leaving the school it took them over a month into the next school year to release my transcript to my new school and they messed up most of my credits making it seem like i had gotten bad grade and/or never took certain classes(this happened to almost every student in my class who left the school). Overall this school is a messed, the stafg never know whats going on and they care more about what they seem like to other people then their students actual education.

Posted February 18, 2015
A very strong school with a great deal of extra help for our struggling math student. We're pleased with the administration and the level-headed approach to discipline. Good kids at this school. Made my son feel welcome.

Posted February 12, 2015
Our family is new to the Valley (originally from Southern California) and my son has been enrolled at Foothills Academy for the 2014-2015 school year. So far we love the school. Its in a great location, the class sizes are nice and small so my son gets plenty of 1 on 1 instruction and the staff is always very accessible. The last school that we were at in Southern Cal had 30-40 students per classroom and if we had a direct question regarding our student we would have to wait 2-3 weeks to get a response. The teachers and staff at Foothills are knowledgable passionate educators and my son really seems to be loving the relaxed, close-knit learning environment.

Posted February 12, 2015
I really love Foothills Academy! My first day of school the staff set me up with a Model UN student that showed me around campus and introduced me to all of the new students. I used to be home schooled so starting at a new school was nerve racking. There is only about 200 kids at our school so the environment wasn't overwhelming and all of the students and teachers made me feel very welcome. I wasn't sure what it was going to be like but Foothills made switching to a new school an easy transition.

Foothills Academy College Preparatory 3

Posted February 07, 2015
We tried this school for our daughters when they were in middle school. It lasted all of a year. Pro(s): smaller campus than a public middle school. Con(s): principal was unavailable to parents; math teacher was a disaster; English teacher invented grades; sports program was what was to be expected from a school that size but nothing to write home about; on several occasions they ran out of hot lunches and had nothing to provide the kids; rich kids and their attitudes. Mine chose to transfer to BASIS and while it's not perfect, it is truly a college-prep school. It's rather frightening to compare the two. My hindsight opinion of Foothills is that it's a school for those whose parents can pay full price at a private college, and since merit-based aid won't be needed... why bother with a rigorous curriculum?

Foothills Academy College Preparatory
7191 East Ashler Hills Drive, Scottsdale, AZ  85266
Last modified Foothills Academy College Preparatory is a Charter school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Foothills Academy College Preparatory Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 109 reviews. Top