9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

School lives its mission. Our child has grown into an amazing human being. VVVS has students from all over the world - and they all are admitted to the top colleges in the world. 120 students who make a difference. It is very challenging academically. But the faculty use a project base model to deliver the IB Curriculum - hands on, real world experience. The school is very connected to the Sedona community, all are involved in giving back to others. They have an amazing farm, horses, they travel all over the southwest and world to make a difference. I just read that over 95% of the students return each year. Evidently that is an amazing stat. Great stable leadership. A great school.

This school is committed to everything that is great about education. What an amazing school and an amazing faculty and student body.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

I have had little experience with bullying at the school but the faculty is so very involved with the students and their everyday life that students feel safe, heard and supported. Bullying would not be tolerated at this school.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

My child who is a student at the school, has learning style differences and the support from her teachers is both individualized and challenging. The combination of rigorous curriculum coupled with individualized support is outstanding.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

VVS currently has an outstanding Headmaster who has years of experience and an innovative approach to leadership and honoring the school's original founding principles. The administrative leadership team and faculty are invested and involved in the life of the school and the life of the student body.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students are involved in every aspect of the school from cleaning the bathrooms to working on the farm to help grow food to feed the county's food insecure population. Students at VVS care on a level that far outweighs their years of life. Compassion, respect and integrity are the very definition of a successful VVS student. Read the School's 5 principles- those principles help define VVS's population of students.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

This is the most dedicated faculty. They care far beyond the classroom and it is evident in the close and supportive relationships they cultivate with their students.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

VVS is for students who truly care about their academic experience. Students are challenged appropriately for a college preparatory school.

I have a MA in Spanish with many years of teaching experience, including a decade of Sunday School. I was hired as a teacher at VVS, so I uprooted my entire family. Once I began the actual work after the various and vigorous training sessions, I was informed another teacher was not certain of my ability to keep the kids safe. I am NOLS and CPR certified. I was floored. Then, things progressed and the bullying by the staff became more apparent, and it became more clear I was not a part of the "club" I am an alumni of VVS. I know the traditions and did my best to bring them back. In the words of the school, on my contract,- We have considered hundreds of candidates and you are the best fit- Unless you don't "fit" in. Another issue is the plagiarizing that goes on by the staff and is supported by the faculty supervisor. This should really be looked into. I gave my all to this school, and was given only 24 hours to vacate the premises. I have a minor child. Who had to attend her school from a hotel until we figured out where to live. She has been affected, no doubt and to what end I remain unsure. Please I implore you to really look at the bones of the school, question the way they are so evasive about firing one of the actual founders. Question why many of the staff have little to no IB training. This is NOT a school I would pay 50k to send my precious child to. The way they treated family, an alumni, isn't the first time, and it sadly won't be last. :(

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

I was bullied by the headmaster as well as his daughter, not to mention the internet/mountain biking man as well as the anthropology chair. Bullying is a very big problem. If you are different, be ready for some flack

Last modified Verde Valley School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12