Posted February 02, 2013
I can't say enough great things about this school and the teachers. My son has done amazing in this school. For not being a title 1 schoo,l they raise their own money and do very well.

Huachuca Mountain Elementary School 1

Posted November 16, 2012
Being an Army family and moving around quite often, we have experienced great schools. Unfortunately, this was not one of them. We had a horrible experience. My son cried and did not want to go to school even for Halloween. This is the first bad experience he has ever encountered in a school. He is in the fifth grade and did not like his teacher. While meeting with the assistant (interim) principal I was told that this meeting would be confidential until I met with the principal. The teacher confronted him in the classroom within a couple of hours after the meeting. I did not want to send him back into the classroom that he felt so uncomfortable attending. When I requested another teacher, I was told that I could not switch until the principal approved the transfer. Because the principal was in a training, I asked her to call me so that I could figure out what to do with my child being out of school. The principal did not return my phone call until Monday morning, four days later. By that time, we had figured out that my son's education was not the principal's priority. We switched schools the next day and the kids are now very happy at the other school.

Posted April 14, 2011
My daughter attended HM for kindergarten during our short stay in Sierra Vista. The staff was very welcoming and made my daughter feel part of the class. I was surprised at how rigorous the academic workload was, even for kindergarten, with weekly homework assignments that required substantial time and effort. The schedule the students follow in class is also very full. They definitely take learning very seriously at Huachuca Mountain. I highly recommend this school over any other in Sierra Vista.

Huachuca Mountain Elementary School 0

Posted April 25, 2010
It participates (with mychurch) in an after-school tutoring program.

Posted December 22, 2008
The staff and administration at Huachuca Mountain are great. My son, has loved every one of his teachers. He enjoys learning, is challenged and feels safe and cared for at his school - right down to the lunch ladies and custodians! Definitely a smart school choice for those who are looking...

Huachuca Mountain Elementary School 1

Posted August 29, 2008

Huachuca Mountain Elementary School 4

Posted April 06, 2008
This is the best school in the S.V district! Very active PTO, which brings a lot of great funding to the school. Teachers are uplifting for the most part, but some are not as active with participation as I am used to seeing. Very friendly office staff. Academics are okay, but then again...it is Arizona.

Huachuca Mountain Elementary School 3

Posted August 07, 2007
Dissapointed that my request for the teacher I wanted for my daughter wasn't granted. Although my sons 4th grade teacher last year was awsome. Thank you Mrs. Meeker.

Posted July 22, 2007
Enthusiastic teachers and staff and involved parents create a wonderful school in Sierra Vista. After relocating from the east coast where education standards are slightly higher, my son adapted well and has been performing well in class.

Posted May 13, 2006
Most are seasoned teachers, who still have enthusiasm and will challenge kids. Main problem we've had is that there are many 'lower' level students, whose needs must be attended to before the higher achievers. This frustrates teachers and the high achievers. Gifted program leaves much to be desired, as does the assessment test for entrance to the program. Relatively high parent involvement, open door policy on teacher and administrative ends. P.E. is the weakest program, music, art, fifth grade band are very good programs. Overall, very good school.

Huachuca Mountain Elementary School
3228 Saint Andrews, Sierra Vista, AZ  85650
Last modified Huachuca Mountain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Huachuca Mountain Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top