Bad
Good

My children have had great teachers! The staff is readily available for any concerns and the school counselor is amazing!

I can't say enough great things about this school and the teachers. My son has done amazing in this school. For not being a title 1 schoo,l they raise their own money and do very well.

Being an Army family and moving around quite often, we have experienced great schools. Unfortunately, this was not one of them. We had a horrible experience. My son cried and did not want to go to school even for Halloween. This is the first bad experience he has ever encountered in a school. He is in the fifth grade and did not like his teacher. While meeting with the assistant (interim) principal I was told that this meeting would be confidential until I met with the principal. The teacher confronted him in the classroom within a couple of hours after the meeting. I did not want to send him back into the classroom that he felt so uncomfortable attending. When I requested another teacher, I was told that I could not switch until the principal approved the transfer. Because the principal was in a training, I asked her to call me so that I could figure out what to do with my child being out of school. The principal did not return my phone call until Monday morning, four days later. By that time, we had figured out that my son's education was not the principal's priority. We switched schools the next day and the kids are now very happy at the other school.

My daughter attended HM for kindergarten during our short stay in Sierra Vista. The staff was very welcoming and made my daughter feel part of the class. I was surprised at how rigorous the academic workload was, even for kindergarten, with weekly homework assignments that required substantial time and effort. The schedule the students follow in class is also very full. They definitely take learning very seriously at Huachuca Mountain. I highly recommend this school over any other in Sierra Vista.

It participates (with mychurch) in an after-school tutoring program.

The staff and administration at Huachuca Mountain are great. My son, has loved every one of his teachers. He enjoys learning, is challenged and feels safe and cared for at his school - right down to the lunch ladies and custodians! Definitely a smart school choice for those who are looking...

This is the best school in the S.V district! Very active PTO, which brings a lot of great funding to the school. Teachers are uplifting for the most part, but some are not as active with participation as I am used to seeing. Very friendly office staff. Academics are okay, but then again...it is Arizona.

Dissapointed that my request for the teacher I wanted for my daughter wasn't granted. Although my sons 4th grade teacher last year was awsome. Thank you Mrs. Meeker.

Enthusiastic teachers and staff and involved parents create a wonderful school in Sierra Vista. After relocating from the east coast where education standards are slightly higher, my son adapted well and has been performing well in class.

Last modified Huachuca Mountain Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.