Public charter
Surprise, AZ

Paradise Education Center 3

Posted June 22, 2014
Both of my children attended PEC. My son from kindergarten to 6th and my daughter from kindergarten until 4th. The school was great at first, but over the years it has gone down hill. The school allows late work and their discipline is just not there. There was a student that threatened to stab another student and he was given 6 days suspension. That is it. My children will no longer be attending this school. I want for them to be challenged and not feel threatened.

Paradise Education Center 4

Posted November 22, 2013
My children have been going to this school since kindergarten. It has been a great experience. I still love the school but the quality seems to have gone down a bit since Mrs. Butler left. She made sure she was seen and her family was involved as well on events the school put on. I'm not even sure what the new principal of 2 years looks like. The education level is great, but the required homework at some grade levels seems excessive, but I'm not a homework person, nor can I help my child as the core education is crazy now. Even with my petty complaints, I feel my child is challenged and is recording a great education with a focus on no bullying. We had instances and is was addressed by the teacher promptly. Love our school.

Posted November 19, 2013
I love my school!!!! I am a student at Pec I am in 5th grade I have been here since kindergarten and I have had no problems with bullying or making friends. The teachers are really nice. At this school learning is fun!!

Paradise Education Center 1

Posted June 25, 2013
My child attended this school last year but will not be returning for the upcoming school year. The classroom was unorganized and chaotic which made it difficult for my child to learn. My child had to deal with constant bullying and when I spoke with the principal regarding the situation I was given a generic answer and push out the door. My problem was never addressed. There is a charter school close by that has been very welcoming and has a strong bullying policy. My child will be going there next year.

Posted April 19, 2013
PEC is phenominal! I have smart kids and wanted them to be challenged on a daily basis, which they are! My kids are doing hands on activities like making rock formations, using baking products donated by parents and afterwards the kids can eat them! My fourth grader just took an extended day field trip to a few of Arizona's national parks, including Montezuma's Castle and Well. They ended their long day at Peter Piper Pizza. This is something that can't be done in the Dysart School District. There is just so much parental involvement at PEC, all to the kids benefit! And, somehow this school has tamed my "wild boys", which I never thought would happen! All the teachers are amazing, the front office staff is wonderful and kind, the counselor is the best I've ever seen, the elementary principal is great, and the school nurse is sweet and thoughtful. Everyone I've come to know on campus adores the kids and loves their job. The turnover of teachers, staff, and students is very low which is great if you're already in. But it's very difficult to get in. We were blessed, and I'm certainly grateful!

Posted February 08, 2013
My son has attended PEC for ten years and have not had any complaints. This school has been a blessing to my son and our family.

Paradise Education Center 2

Posted October 17, 2012
What I have found about this school leadership starts from the top and the person who is princple there truly lacks that great quality. Unfortunately my children still attend but looking to putting them in another school. Some teachers, school nurse, other staff members truly lack respect & safety concerns for the student. It seems students are more dollar signs then making sure the student gets the education they need.

Posted September 27, 2012
I waited 2 years to get my daughter in this school and I continue to be VERY impressed by the teacher dedication, hard work and push to ensure each child is doing their best. Prior to this my child was part of a school in the local school district and I can tell you, we are NOT going back to that. This school has a big focus on character education and no bullying. For the first time in a long time my daughter is excited each and every day for school. High standards, very respectful kids and some of the most hard working teachers I have ever seen in a school. Not to mention there are things offered in the music programs I haven't seen anywhere else. Between such a hands on learning environment, field trips that none of the other schools around here do, and constant strive to implement new ways of teaching based on most recent studies, lucky is all I can say for my kiddo to go here. I refuse to join the "wagon" and complain about a school that is out performing many schools in the same area with more to offer.

Paradise Education Center 1

Posted September 23, 2012
This was a great school ten years ago but not now. It has really gone downhill and fast. Alot of great teachers have left for other schools. My kids attend this school and it did not work for them. I placed my children in another charter school close by and they are at the top of the class and are two grade levels about where they to be. There is a lack of trust and respect and lots of problems as well. Lots of my friends have or are going to be taking their kids out next year. These are kids that are well advnace. This school should be taylored for children with learning problems only No challenge whatsoever.

Posted July 17, 2012
I waited two years for my daughter to be able to attend PEC. She's been there since 2nd grade and there is a world of difference from her prior charter school to PEC in regard to management, staff attitute, organization and communication with parents. I appreciate that the school has high standards and a strong anti-bullying policy. My daughter is now heading into middle school and my son just finished Kindergarten, and both of them have exceeded the standards for their respective age groups and feel challenged and empowered by their teachers and peers. My kids love PEC and I love the warm, friendly atmostphere when you walk on campus and see parents everywhere. This is a school where volunteerism is encouraged and an environment of trust exists between teachers, students and parents. I will not move away from Surprise because of this school and Paradise Honors High School. I understand that people are different and perhaps this school does not fit everyone's needs, but it has certainly been a blessing to me and my family.

Paradise Education Center
15533 W. Paradise Ln., Surprise, AZ  85374
Last modified Paradise Education Center is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paradise Education Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 114 reviews. Top