Arredondo Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 322 students

Posted April 3, 2014

Arredondo school is really good....Principal and teachers are very friendly and my child is very comfortable with them.They take lot of personal care and have regular parent-teacher conferences.

Posted April 2, 2014

Has special teachers as well as students. They give so much extra time to the students. Help them learn and make them aware of others. Glad my granddaughter attends this school.

Posted August 3, 2013

My school is excellent and the principal and teachers are very friendly to the students.

Posted August 3, 2013

Arredondo elementary school is superb and all of the teachers are open minded and take personal care a lot.principal is very friendly to the students and parents.

Posted August 1, 2013

Arredondo school is a great school for kids. Learning and taking extra time out for those who are in need. I am so glad my kids go here.

Posted August 8, 2012

It is a bit unfair that under "recent" reviews, the ones on here are dating over 7 years back. My child started this school, which is nice, clean with a friendly and knowledgable staff. The teachers are of great caliber, holding Masters Degree in elementary education. The principal is also one great lady, friendly, open minded and always available to parents. Everyone has smiles on their faces and the entire school breeds an atmosphere of positive attitude and respect for each other. Children are always cared for and the nurse is one I would choose over my pediatrician. So far very pleased. I considered online school before I found this gem of one.

Posted May 15, 2012

My son started at Arredondo in second grade, after failing miserably at a private school. The special education professionals were all amazing and his classroom teacher was nice, but firm and kept my son happy and on track. I made the mistake of pulling him out the following year, for what I thought was a better school, but he and I are both happy that he is back at Arredondo. He has made great strides and has become such an independent learner. Arredondo is the best neighborhood school with the sweetest music teachers. The principal is retiring this year, and will be missed, but the new one seems lovely!

Posted April 30, 2010

I love Arredondo because my son has had wonderful teachers that has followed his from first grade through fourth. Each teacher recommends to the bnext best every year, which is the reason I haven't removed him from Arredondo.

Posted April 30, 2010

My son has has going to Arredondo since 2006 and only one of his teachers has left. All his previous teachers still communicate with me in regards to my son. I honestly don't have anything bad to say about this school, No matter what school a child goes to you will have individuals or things they do that you don't agree with whether it's the faculty or their method. Sometimes people think that the best schools are private but that's not true.

Posted March 4, 2009

This school has a very high teacher turn over. My daughter is in the 3rd grade and has been going to this school from K to 3rd and the teacher she had the year before always leaves?????

Posted May 17, 2008

I will be removing my children from this school. We just moved to this area and I don't care if I have to drive my children half way across town to get a decent education. The principal is unfair and lacks communication skills. The level of learning is below average and the teacher parent communication is poor.

Posted August 30, 2007

I rate this school 5 stars. The principal and all the teachers are caring, great communicators and want my child to advance.

Posted May 18, 2006

I am taking my children out of this school. Due to the poor leadership and communications skills of the Principal.

Posted March 27, 2006

The new principal of this school has no comunication skills when dealing with the parents. He has a 'My way or the Highway' attitude. Especially with aspect to discipline. He treats 5 and 6 year olds like they are in Military camp. There is no art, or extra classes at this school. And no teacher monitering. I am pulling my children out of this school, since the change of principals and attitude.

Posted January 10, 2006

Our son attended Arredondo for all of his elementary education and we have been very pleased with our experience there. There is less parent involement than what I would like, but I know many of the families live too far away from the school to be much involved. The teachers and staff at Arredondo are fantastic.

Posted August 16, 2005

I would like to see the K classes get out 15 minutes early as to get signed out with out the whole school letting out.

Posted October 15, 2002

We have a 1st and 2nd Grader currently attending Arrendondo. Our oldest son has been to various schools throughout the East Vallley, and Tempe school systems seem to always be the best. They focus much more on reading than other cities in the Valley do. Arredondo has been wonderful for both our boys. Each of our boys teachers seem to automatically meet their individual needs. We couldn't be happier with this school, and as our boys always say, ""The cafeteria is big!"" I guess that is important for elementary school students!?

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

53 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

53 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

45 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

45 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Performing Plus".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Performing Plus".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 81%N/A47%

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Teacher Rookie of the Year (2000)

Arts & music

School start time
  • 8:25 am
School end time
  • 2:55 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
Fax number
  • (480) 839-7325

Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Foreign languages taught

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

School culture

• Our parents wrote our new school mission. sixty were involved in an affinity process last year that identified our values and direction. we also included parents in the creation of our school plan. our site base council is our school governing group. site base includes parents and students.