Flora Thew Elementary School 4

Posted August 18, 2013
The staff at this school has work hard to gain the letter grade B. It would be amazing if more parents got involved with their child's education. This school doesn't have a PTA. Come on parents make change, get involved and be a part of a dedicated team. Be a part of YOUR children s future.

Posted August 17, 2012
I must say this is an excellent school! My son attended Kindergarden last year and Mrs. Coein was his teacher. She was wonderful! His first week of school i did recieve a phone call from her, saying that she was concerned that my son Jules may be too young started kindergarden. She also, stated that she would give him another week. During this week she wanted my husband and i to work with him at home, and she would work with him at school. After, that week went by we recieved another call letting us know that our son had improved 100%! This was very good news to hear! Mrs. Coein is a very dedicated to her students as well as her job. You Rock Mrs. Coein!!!!

Flora Thew Elementary School 4

Posted July 20, 2012
my daughter has been going to thew since kindergarten she i now going into 4th grade i like the school and so far have had no problems and the little problems i did have were resolved with a little effort which means going to the school to solve them with the principal so if your child has an issue and there not doing anything about it you as the parent should be calling the principal to try to fix it thats our jobs as there parent iv had no educational problems at this school my kid is a straight a student and loves school

Flora Thew Elementary School 1

Posted May 25, 2012
This school's administrators are lacking integrity. They do not practice due process and henceforth, people get hurt wrongfully. They should follow the due process procedure to ensure that the truth prevail. False accusations are believed by the administrators as truth and only one side is heard. This is a poor practice and one to beware of if you were to send your child to Thew Elementary. I wouldn't recommend this school to any child because of the poor administration.

Posted April 25, 2012
My Child is in kindergarten@thew .. I realy like her teacher and I can tell she is doing a greate job of teaching my child can read write do math. My Son is going to start kindergarten when the year is over.. Im unsure if I want to continue to send them If for some reason he dont get the same teacher . Plus I have been noticing how the homeless hang out near the school :/ Dont like that...My star's are for this kindergarten teacher :) Ms.Bennett

Posted August 08, 2011
I have one student back in Thew,three nephews,and one friends child all in Thew.All of the students are very happy.This school is more like a family.The classes are small,the teachers are very patient and kind,the staff are very understanding,and they have gatherings,reward sessions,and food and gift giving often.Yes,the neighborhood is poor but I see the parents more humble and appreciative because of it.The school strives on reading early.My child learned how to read in kindergarten!!Even my gifted child didnt learn that quickly.I give this school two thumbs way up!!!!!!

Posted February 08, 2011
First, the parent that gave this school two star'T's needs to learn how to spell star. Secondly, the parent that gave one star needs to quit whining about her 'underestimated' child and teach his/her son/daughter about initiative and personal responsibility. If your child can't count to twenty by the time he/she hits first grade, then you better revamp your parenting techniques, period. As a side note, the next time you're in the ballot box, think about the resources our government officials are taking away from our children and educators and vote for a representative that is passionate about education. I have actively worked with students at Thew for several years on a non-profit basis. I assure you that the students at Thew are very similar to all of the elementary students I have worked with. They are as bright, inquisitive, and capable as anyone else. I happen to know that resources for educators are extremely limited, especially in these tough economic times, and I am very impressed with how much this school can do with so little. I highly recommend this school to any parent and highly recommend every parent play an active role in their child's education.

Posted August 11, 2010
My daughters are new to Thew Elementary and I am hoping for the best. I do not agree that a particular school or school district can affect the way a child learns, the parents along with their children are the only ones that can get exactly what it is they want and need out of an education. I LOVE their uniform policy as I believe society puts far to much pressure on LITTLE kids to worry about what they are wearing rather than on who has the best grades. I am confident that Thew Elementary is a great school with a great staff!! let you know my thoughts throughout the year!! have a good one:)

Flora Thew Elementary School 2

Posted June 12, 2010
Terrible school in a terrible location. The staff does not hold high hopes for the kids that attend this school perhaps because it is in a low income area. Parental involvement is not very high and that leads to low scores across the board. I would have given a 1start but my son did learn while in the classroom so they at least do the bare minimum. Plus there are bums that live in the park that is right next to the school and no one seems to care. What kind of example does this set for the kids? Granted Escalante Community Center is nearby and perhaps that is partially why so many bums are next to the school but honestly it does not leave you feeling very comfortable.

Posted March 27, 2010
The teachers at Thew are hard working and care about their students. They put in many extra hours to help students grow and achieve standards. Now if only the parents of the school would help out by doing their part. Be involved, read to your kids and be a part of your child's education.

Flora Thew Elementary School
2130 E Howe Ave, Tempe, AZ  85281
Last modified Flora Thew Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Flora Thew Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top