Fuller Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 1 student

We are best known for ability to meet academic needs.

Posted August 21, 2014

Our children began at Fuller after school had already begun in 2013. They were both made to feel so welcome and the principal and office staff took time to explain all the pertinent information to my husband and I. The teachers went above and beyond to help acclimate them to their new surroundings and challenge them to keep them interested and excelling. Although they did study for the tests, I feel that they taught as holistically as possible and put forth a well-rounded curriculum. This is their second year at Fuller and the children were so excited to return. The PTA is active and I hope to see more parent involvement this year!

Posted August 14, 2014

I love Fuller! My daughter is now in 1st grade and her teachers so far have been wonderful with gentle guidance, encouragement all while fostering her leadership qualities. The principal is wonderful and engaging. The music teachers are fabulous (All the staff is great) The layout of the school I feel promotes positive relationships between the grade levels vs. separation. The PTO is very strong here and though I cannot commit due to a demanding job, I appreciate all they do and help when I can. We considered a charter but cannot be happier we chose Fuller!

Posted January 7, 2013

Fuller is a fantasic school with amazing leadership and excellent teachers. My son started off at Bustoz and we were reluctant with the change when it merged with Fuller. We had concerns of the school community vanishing because of being bigger but those were quickly stomped out. We have two children attending Fuller now, one who is in fourth grade and the other in kindergarten. I wish we could say teacher names as they definitely deserve to be recognized. We choose the same Kinder teacher as our oldest son since she did such a phenominal job with him by enriching his learning and by having the entire class reading by the end of the school year. Again, she has done a great job with our youngest teaching him to read. The teachers adjusted schedules so my oldest son can go to the 5th grade class for math to make sure that he continues to be enriched and not get bored as well as PACE classes. The principal is the nicest guy and always so positive and INVOLVED in the classrooms. The office staff is amazing too. I know when I send my kids off to school each day they will be safe, cared for and learn not only academics but how to be good citizens. What more could a parent ask for?

Posted August 27, 2012

This school has the childs best interest at heart. My daughter loves this school, staff, and students. Mrs. Cash is an amazing teacher. Sheila the office manager is a job to say hi too. We are so lucky to have such great detication to education at this school. My child attends this school and it feels like family. I am a part of the Fuller Family! Thank you to everyone at this school.

Posted August 16, 2012

best school i love it with all my heart you will also love it with all your heart you will never want to leave

Posted June 26, 2012

Fuller was our school of choice for the 2011-12 year. Happily greeted in the front office by staff (mainly the lovely Lolly), I knew we would send our child there. Over the summer, staffing changes were made to accommodate the merge with another excelling school. Shelia became the Office Manager. She was a great addition with her professional demeanor with the school community. The kindergarten teacher was very dedicated/knowledgeable. She always strived for excellence/high performance standards with consistant delivery of combining kindness and firmness in classroom management/delivery. It would have been beneficial if more parental involvement took place at Fuller. Setting a tone of welcoming parental involvement is crucial. Orchestrating/ broadening the desire to pursue the needs of all (rather than the agenda of a chosen few) would be terrific!!! The first PTA meeting was standing room only. But, throughout the year participation dropped at an alarming rate. Throughout the year, many parents expressed a desire to have better communication lines open at all levels of our school environment. It takes a ton of time and energy , but it would help Fuller immensely !

Posted June 4, 2012

I have two kids in Fuller one is going into 4th and the other will be starting 1st. THe teachers are great and the entire staff is awesome. The school hit a bump in the road when it merged with Bustos but overall it's awesome! The priniple Mr White is awesome! I'm going to be moving but I will be driving my kids 20 mins to keep them in Fuller.

Posted March 9, 2012

As a first-time mother sending her children off to kindergarten, I can't tell you how pleased I am to have a school like Fuller as our neighborhood school. The principal is incredibly kind and I always see him with a smile on his face. Even more compelling is the fact that he is almost always out in front of the school every morning greeting students as they enter the building, which is unheard of for the head of such a large institution. This, to me, shows that he cares about each and every one of his students. I also believe it is also indicative of the way Fuller operates as a whole. It truly is an amazing place.

Posted February 1, 2012

Fuller is the best school in the world. My daughter attended fuller from first grade through fifth. we had to move and she has not found a school is she happy with. Everyday she woke up to go to school at fuller, she wanted to go to school, now she hates school. The staff is unbelievable, everyone makes you feel so welcomed and the new prinicpal is wonderful. I miss fuller so much i cant even explain it.

Posted July 28, 2011

This will our first year at Fuller. Last year, I was forced to find a new school for my son, a 1st grader. As soon as I met Mr. White, the principal at Bustoz and the new principal for Fuller my searched ended! He has the most calming peacfull energy. I can't say enough good about this man. I would've followed him anywhere! I llook forward to our new school year with Fuller and have the upmost faith that this will be a great year!

Posted July 18, 2011

The past three years at Fuller have been great. Fantastic teachers, great PTA, fun events. Looking forward to 3rd grade. Only a little nervous about the change in principal and size.

Posted February 23, 2011

I drive from out of district to attend Fuller. I am greeted each and every day by a friendly front office staff. They go out of their way to make you feel like your child is special and of the utmost importance to them. The teachers I can not say enough good things about them. My 1st grader is reading at a 3rd grade reading level due to the hard work of her kindergarten and first grade teachers. I am so happy I found Fuller.

Posted July 2, 2010

When you walk into Fuller, you feel welcome. Fuller is a school that includes everyone, it really is a family. Every teacher is GREAT. I hope to be a part of Fuller for a long time. My child is reading at two grade levels above her grade. It is because of the "walk to read program" . I am very happy.

Posted June 29, 2010

Fuller School is a wonderful place to work. The teachers are fully committed to meeting the individual needs of each and every student. It is an honor to be a part of the Fuller Family.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 28, 2010

The staff at Fuller is excellent. The teachers are extremely dedicated to providing students the best education. Also, Fuller is a very family-friendly school, with many events throughout the year to foster the sense of community.

Posted June 28, 2010

Fuller Elementary is a small, tight-knit community school with a highly qualified and caring staff. This will be our family's 5th year at Fuller, and we have been very satisfied with the differentiated instruction each of our children has received. The leadership has been focused and consistent. Fuller has been a safe and happy place for our children to learn and grow!

Posted May 25, 2010

This school has a great sense of community. Parents are always welcome to volunteer. The teachers care about the whole child, not just the academic side.

Posted May 25, 2010

The staff and the parent involement are outstanding! My kids love their teachers and they really do care about their children. I feel safe sending my kids there.

Posted April 29, 2009

My oldest has 1 mor eyear here, I travel 23 miles to drop him off and go to work. My youngest has 3 more years. It is worth it knowing that my sons are getting the best education, rolemodels, Love, support in every aspect. The school respects it's parents and keeps them in the loop on everything. My children are excelling in everything subject and I fell it isn't just whats beign done at home but how the teachers treat them and work with them on things...

Posted October 15, 2008

Fuller just was named an EXCELLING school in AZ. I am proud to say my child goes there. Dedicated teachers at every grade level care about students as people, not just their scores. My child loves to go to school and he tells me exciting things about school every day.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

87 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 75% in 2013.

87 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 56% in 2013.

Source: Arizona Department of Education

• In 2010-2011, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was designated "Highly Performing".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was designated "Highly Performing".

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 48%N/A47%

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Tempe Diablos: Teacher of the Year - Mrs. Johnson (2010)
  • Council for Exceptional Children - Instruct Asst - Keiko Smith (2010)
  • Tempe District Impact Award - Janet Luper (2010)

Special education / special needs

• Spanish

Gifted & talented

Instructional and/or curriculum models used
  • Gifted / high performing

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Rebeckah Winans
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Is there an application process?
Fax number