PK-5 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Borman Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted April 09, 2016
I think that my 3 children have had some of the best teachers that are at Borman.

Borman Elementary School 4

Posted April 09, 2016
I think the school isn't "A" but it's due to lack of funding. AZ as whole is rated very low for education. No school in the TUSD district is "A". My family has experienced 5 different teachers at Borman plus track coaches. They all have been good & above. No PE, to me in NOT ok although the children receive PE grades. The front office is always nice and willing to help. The Principle takes the time to listen and also goes above and beyond. One of the best schools that you will find in TUSD.

Borman Elementary School 5

Posted May 07, 2015
My kid has had a wonderful experience! We could not be any more pleased. From the amazing principal, staff, and the extra curricular activities. I can't say enough about Borman!

Borman Elementary School 5

Posted May 06, 2015
My sons loved this school! They had the best teachers who really care about their children. I'm not sure why other's are writing bad reviews but my kids had a good experience there. Mrs. Wills and Mrs. Montes are the best teachers a kid can hope for!

Posted April 10, 2015
All of the surrounding schools are rated 2 or 3. This school is one of the best in TUSD. That's pretty sad.

Posted February 10, 2015
This is a sad excuse for an elementary school especially for an Air Force Base. The school lacks organization! I'm sure every parent will agree. The "A" rating is a scam. I'm not sure what they were graded on but I feel like "C" is more appropriate. My child watches more movies during class then I did K-12! And not educational either. I'm talking Disney and what have you. I will be looking off base for next year. This school needs help! New teachers, new curriculum, etc. No P.E. or art classes which I find extremely ridiculous. I'd look into schools before assuming base would have a decent place for your children to learn. I have received numerous notes home from the teacher with various spelling and grammatical errors. And this is who is supposed to be teaching my child? No thank you! Of course it could be worse but it is a school so it shouldn't be anything other than exemplary. Deeply disappointed.

Posted December 17, 2013
Prior to arriving on the base, I was told by the Davis Monthan School liaison officer that my child would be able to attend Borman while waiting for housing. The base housing was not available for one year and as we looked for off-base options...we literally had to beg Borman to allow our child to attend. Bizarrely, the front office staff advised seemed to have never encountered this situation before...on a military base. My daughter missed several days while we negotiated with them, as the demanded that we apply for base housing (we were told base housing would not be available for a year) and prove to them that we had. Her first day we were 20 minutes early and there was literally no one there, except for students waiting in front. My impression of this school, is that it is very chaotic and disorganized. On two occasions the gates were locked past the dismissal bell with the students on the outside and the kids locked in. No one could find the key for about 10 minutes. On a few occasions teachers were absent and the staff did not seem to know where to send the children. More staff and better communication between the staff is greatly needed.

Borman Elementary School 4

Posted February 24, 2013
My kids have been going to Borman for 3 years now--It is a 'B' school. Has it been perfect every year-no. Has the leadership been awesome every year-no. But they have learned a lot and are all the top of their class. They have all had really awesome teachers that have strove to make sure my kids are where they need to be and beyond. There has been some changes in leadership over the three years we have been there. The 1st principal left and we have an interim principal this year. I am very hopeful for our new principal next year and all the good he/she will bring to the school.

Borman Elementary School 1

Posted July 16, 2012
Horrible! I don't have enough words to describe how horrible their spec Ed services are. ABLES class is a joke.Long term teacher there has not opened a peer reviewed article on behavior modification at least for the last 15 year. Principal is on Mars. He needs to be a politician not a principal. Does not attend IEPs, thinks he has a great Spec Ed staff he could rely on perhaps, well he does not have that one either.

Borman Elementary School 1

Posted February 29, 2012
worst school my children have ever been to !! almost no communication (although they have worked on it) it is a little better bullies get whatever they want and defended I have had personal experience with a staff member talking trash on students they think are bad (very unprofessional) the no talking in the lunch room (on the students break) is repulsive (I'm sure prison inmates can talk to each other during lunch) they'er are some decent teachers who work there

Borman Elementary School
6630 Lightning Drve, Tucson, AZ  85708
Last modified Borman Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.