PK-5 & Ungraded
Tucson, AZ

Posted December 17, 2013
Prior to arriving on the base, I was told by the Davis Monthan School liaison officer that my child would be able to attend Borman while waiting for housing. The base housing was not available for one year and as we looked for off-base options...we literally had to beg Borman to allow our child to attend. Bizarrely, the front office staff advised seemed to have never encountered this situation before...on a military base. My daughter missed several days while we negotiated with them, as the demanded that we apply for base housing (we were told base housing would not be available for a year) and prove to them that we had. Her first day we were 20 minutes early and there was literally no one there, except for students waiting in front. My impression of this school, is that it is very chaotic and disorganized. On two occasions the gates were locked past the dismissal bell with the students on the outside and the kids locked in. No one could find the key for about 10 minutes. On a few occasions teachers were absent and the staff did not seem to know where to send the children. More staff and better communication between the staff is greatly needed.

Borman Elementary School 4

Posted February 24, 2013
My kids have been going to Borman for 3 years now--It is a 'B' school. Has it been perfect every year-no. Has the leadership been awesome every year-no. But they have learned a lot and are all the top of their class. They have all had really awesome teachers that have strove to make sure my kids are where they need to be and beyond. There has been some changes in leadership over the three years we have been there. The 1st principal left and we have an interim principal this year. I am very hopeful for our new principal next year and all the good he/she will bring to the school.

Borman Elementary School 1

Posted February 29, 2012
worst school my children have ever been to !! almost no communication (although they have worked on it) it is a little better bullies get whatever they want and defended I have had personal experience with a staff member talking trash on students they think are bad (very unprofessional) the no talking in the lunch room (on the students break) is repulsive (I'm sure prison inmates can talk to each other during lunch) they'er are some decent teachers who work there

Posted February 02, 2012
1st grade teacher was great. The 2nd grade teacher did not help my child. They were struggling in reading and it was not encouraged to have them tested on reading and writing, which I had asked about, so they were passed onto 3rd. I had them tested outside of school and found out they were at a end of 1st grade reading level. The school after I complained about this had them tested and low and behold they needed to be on an IEP for reading and writing. I have them in an out of school program and they receive in school assistance as well. I really feel that if the 2nd grade teacher had not dropped the ball on this my child would have received the assistance they needed from the start and would not now need to be catching up. Their 3rd grade teacher is nice but I think she is struggling with the class and is a little overwhelmed. The principle is really not very helpful though some may argue that case. If you really have an issue and reach out to him he gets business like on you and makes sure that you understand that it is Dr. not Mr. Felt like I was a student being dressed down. If you are living on base don't let this be the reason to send your child to this school.

Posted December 01, 2011
Project ABLE..... What can I say? I was extremely angry and dissappointed to hear the way the Teachers spoke to the children. My daughter came to this school with an IEP for Developmental Delays. She was having a hard time adjusting and the teacher had the nerve to tell me she needed to see a psychiatrist, because she did not know what to do about her behavior, when she did not even take the time to read her files. The teachers do not get down to the child's level to speak to them. They Yell! They seem like they are there just to be there and not because they love children or their job. I can honestly say after only three days in her new school, she is a different child, she is back to her happy little self. I sincerely believe not all the teachers in this school are like this, we also had a great experience with one of the forth grade teachers. I believe this is an isolated case, but if you have preschoolers with any kind of dissability please be aware...... Also the administration is wonderful.

Posted February 11, 2010

Posted February 10, 2010
I have a Kindergartener, 1st grader and 2nd grader all there, and I have had problems with the school since starting there. Lack of communication, lack of programs (reading helpers, art, to name a few), and that my child is just another number in the classroom is the reason I am going elsewhere for my childrens educations.

Borman Elementary School 3

Posted December 14, 2009

Borman Elementary School 3

Posted October 16, 2009
Teachers are good, but the class sizes have gotten way to big. Even the best teachers can not effectively teach 30+ students.

Borman Elementary School 4

Posted April 16, 2009
I have two children attending Borman Elementary. My daughter for 1st, 2nd, and now 3rd grade and my son for Kinder and now 1st grade. I cannot say enough about this school's involvement in development/growth. I have one excelling child who is constantly pushed to achieve her potential through caring and compassionate involvement/motivation and a 2nd child with learning difficulties and involved teacher's who have been instrumental in improving his abilities. Seeing both ends of the spectrum I can attest to their dedication to 'no student left behind' and no student left un-challenged. My daughter absolutely LOVES every teacher she's had and my son is truly proud of his accomplishments. His teacher has been in constant communication with me through phone and e-mail to maintain steady progress. The principal is excellent and very involved/approachable.

Borman Elementary School
6630 Lightning Drve, Tucson, AZ  85708
Last modified Borman Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Borman Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top