Posted August 18, 2015
Moved to Tucson last year and enrolled our 2 boys at CV after doing much research into top elementary schools in Tucson. CV was in the top. Love the location, staff, and the whole atmosphere is friendly. My boys love it and the before & after school activities are awesome. I'm extremely happy with my decision to send them to CV.

Posted August 08, 2015
We have been pretty happy with Canyon View. My son has been getting good attention from the teachers and the principal, and he has been getting good experiences including regular classes, extended classes, and the gifted program. We went around and did enough shopping and homework about elementary schools, and we think Canyon View has been good for our child.

Posted April 24, 2014
My child is in the gifted program at Canyon View and we are regularly asked "why not send her to Basis?" Well, our primary reason is that she LOVES this school. Additionally, we feel she is challenged and kept on her toes by all her teachers. The staff and teachers work together to make this a top rated elementary school!

Canyon View Elementary School 2

Posted April 23, 2014
This school is not that great anymore. Very nice staff and teachers but not challenging at all. My child is board and has become very lazy since the expectations are so low. 10 minutes of homework in 4th grade (at the most). It has gotten progressively worse over the years that we have been there with our children. This is the worst year yet. The new principal is a great talker, very charismatic but we don't see any improvement in the classroom. Lots of hype around the community events but less meaningful work in the 8 years we have had children at the school. I don't recommend this school especially if you are from a decent school district elsewhere. you will be underwhelmed.

Canyon View Elementary School 3

Posted April 21, 2014
Canyon View is an okay school. Not a lot of diversity and some of the teachers can be off putting. It is a must that you stay involved and connected to your child at this school as they can derail them is allowed to.

Posted October 24, 2013
This school and school district (Catalina Foothills Unified School District) has been am is nothing short of a blessing. Principal Hienkman is the most amazing administrator and man and the entire school staff and teachers are so wonderful! My son is in the first grade and is on the autism spectrum. His growth and development in the inclusive setting at Canyon View has been wonderful and miraculous. Also, the international diversity of the families and students is so wonderful and enriching. I can't thank this school enough and couldn't be more proud of the fact that my son attends CVES!

Posted August 07, 2013
We were very happy with my son's kindergarten teacher last year and are excited for another great year.

Posted June 07, 2013
Great school! Friendly, kind people who care about all of the students. Common core standards are being taught. There is a challenging curriculum that keeps students at all levels moving forward at a just right pace. They are allowed to move to higher faster paced classes and also get interventions as needed. Music, PE, Art and Spanish are treated as seriously as math, reading, science and social studies which makes a well rounded kid! There is great community involvement and the FFO and staff plan fun extracurricular events. The focus is on educating the whole child, not just obtaining a test score. I have three kids here and feel lucky to be giving them such a great, well rounded education.

Posted April 13, 2013
I have had two children graduate from Canyon View and one currently is enrolled. Canyon View prepared my children very well for middle school. My son ended up being 2 1/2 grade levels ahead in math by the time he finished Canyon View and qualified for an extended Curriculum in Social Studies and Spanish at the middle school level. My daughter is now excelling in the local high school in a rigorous college prep track. We were initially enrolled in private school for 4 years and felt that the education was better (yes, better) in public school especially in math, science and technology. We are very happy and love to give back to this school by volunteering as our way of saying, "Thank You".

Posted April 12, 2013
Canyon View Elementary. We had plenty of good options when looking where to send our oldest daughter to school when it was time for her to start Kindergarten. We chose Canyon View based on its reputation and feel. We have a second grader and kindergartener, and I am so happy to say that we have not questioned our decision once. The staff at Canyon View is incredible - from the secretary, to the teachers, to the Principal. A+ school!

Canyon View Elementary School
5725 N. Sabino Canyon Rd., Tucson, AZ  85750
Last modified Canyon View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Canyon View Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top