Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (2 responses)

Posted April 29, 2016
My son has been attending La Cima for all his middle school years- 3 in total. His academic experience has been successful as well as challenging to keep him focused and on task. He is in college prep classes and has been on the honor roll which shows me the teaching quality as well as the educational environment has been just right for him. I highly recommend this middle school.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted April 28, 2016
Thank you Ms. Sullivan and Ms. Garcia for always putting kids first. I cannot think of two more compassionate and heartfelt women when it comes to kids. You truly go above and beyond to meet the needs of your community. You are doing an amazing job! Your high expectations for students and staff members push everyone to do their best. There is honestly no better place to work. I am very fortunate to be able to call La Cima my home.

Posted April 28, 2016
This is an amazing school! The principal and other staff members truly care about kids and their well-being. I have NEVER had a bad/negative experience with this school. In fact, I wish there were more schools like this for kids. Not every school goes out of its way to make sure students have what it takes to be successful. I am not just talking about the academic content, but the personal relationships with each child and his/her family. La Cima makes sure students have clean clothes each day, a safe environment to learn, school supplies, breakfast/lunch, etc. The principal and teachers spend a lot of their own money and do not ask for anything in return. They just truly have a passion for kids and deep down want them to be safe and grow into exceptional individuals. I cannot say enough great things about this school!!! 10 out of 10 in my eyes!

Posted April 27, 2016
I like this school. Great teachers. The principal asked parents to take a few minutes to write a review. Didn't say a good review just thought it would be good to have parents share views.

La Cima Middle School 1

Posted April 27, 2016
This is so amusing, so I get an email from the principle herself to persuade us parents to write a good review for her school. I can't give this school a lower rating due to not having the option of horrible. I love the area that I live in, but hate that I had to send my daughter to la cima being that I unfortunately had my older children go to this horrible school in the past I already knew what my daughter would run into, and I was right on point. My daughter also was bullied and belittled at this school, and what's worse is that this didn't come from any other student, this came from the joke of administration itself. My daughter will not be returning to this school next year that's for sure. As for the principles request for good reviews I really hope that parents do open up about what a horrible job you and your staff are doing.

Grateful to: Student

Posted April 27, 2016
thanks to my daughter for being so patient in me moving her and keeping her grades up thru this whole ordeal

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted April 27, 2016
my daughter has positive things to say about some of her teachers but also has negative things to say

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted April 27, 2016
when it comes to this school I'm sure the parents are responsible for their students honesty, integrity, and fairness, although not all teachers are discredited just their admin side.

Posted April 27, 2016
Through the schools no tolerance policy they have fixed my daughters behavior problems in school she has had the past few years. I have only had positive interaction with every administrator I have met or spoke to. Is there room for improvement? Of course every school has room for improvement. Overall I think this is a great school.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted April 26, 2016
If there is a problem it is handled right away i am notified of the outcome .

5600 N. La Canada, Tucson, AZ  85704
Last modified La Cima Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.