Tucson, AZ

La Cima Middle School 5

Posted June 20, 2013
Good school. Great teachers and staff. I attended there several years ago and I feel I got a good quality education from there.

Posted July 08, 2011
The Principal does not have people skills. I volunteered at the school multiple times and was never thanked by her for the days of service provided. Many of my parent friends stopped helping at the school. You don't stay were you are not welcomed. I felt she did not care about my concerns for my child. She is not a warm person. We will open enroll my other children at another school because of her.

Posted July 01, 2011
The new principal ruined my 8th grade year. She did not care what we thought, what we cared about, or what we needed. She just hide in her office and came out once in a while to bust students she did not like. She does not know what she is doing.

La Cima Middle School 3

Posted January 17, 2011
The school was OKAY. I went to La Cima for most of middle school and the students dont really care about anything. There are a lot of great teachers but not students. It is hard to make friends there because the students are mostly all the same. There are no groups at that school like goths or skaters or anything like that. There is really no diversity. But it is an okay school. They have good advanced classes on mostly every subject.

Posted January 02, 2011
I started going to this school in 7th grade and i left after the 2nd quarter.I would have to say this is the worst school EVER ! The students dont care about their future, grades,and they most certainly dont have respect for the teachers and staff.Theres very few good teachers and almost no parent involvement.I feel sorry for the teachers because the students refuse to cooperate. I wouldn't recomend this school!

Posted September 17, 2010
This new principal is terrible! We thought we would give her a year to figure things out, but it was the wrong choice. She was completely phony with us and has changed a warm and wonderful school into a plain building with little character and nothing to offer. Also, the teachers that made the school so wonderful have almost all left due, in large part, to this new nightmare of a principal.

La Cima Middle School 2

Posted September 17, 2010
I have never experienced a school where students rarely have homework. Expectations of students appear very low. If we as parents aren't involved in our child's academics our students will be a product of a failing system.

La Cima Middle School 5

Posted March 08, 2010
When I enrolled my son into LaCima Aug 2009 I was nervous due to the ratings but now I couldn t be happier. I love this school. The teachers really care about the kids. They are easy to talk to. They will communicate via email, phone or in person. The teachers, office staff, nurse, and monitors are very smart and friendly. They pay attention and are easy to talk to. My son really likes it there too & looks forward to the football and wrestling activities they offer. He has learned so much and has fun doing it. He has excelled to advance math and gets A-B's in all his classes. This is the best school I have seen yet & I have seen a few from TUSD to Rancho Sahuarita. I am VERY happy with LaCima in whole and plan to keep my son there until he moves on to H.S.

Posted January 27, 2010

Posted January 27, 2010

La Cima Middle School
5600 N. La Canada, Tucson, AZ  85704
Last modified La Cima Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Cima Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top