Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

There is A LOT of cyber bullying that goes on in this school. However, I cannot compare it to other schools in the area because I simply do not have children that attend other schools. I do know that an incident was reported to the principal dealing with inappropriate bullying text messages with several of his students and he simply ignored it and recommended law enforcement handle it instead.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Again, there is no support, compassion or extra help for student's with 504 plans or problems with ADHD, medical/health issues, etc.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The principal is judge mental and only wants straight A students at this school to improve his rating.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

The teachers did not follow the 504 plan as set-out.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My kids were rarely if ever assigned homework.

Excellent enrichment programs for accelerated/gifted students. Incredible fine arts program, competitive athletic program; helpful, intelligent, and supportive teachers. The administration is always knowledgeable of what is happening on their campus and does their absolute to best to ensure the safety of all students. All students are held to high academic standards and expectations. The parents and community are very involved with the school and its activities and events.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school develops honesty, integrity, and fairness on its students by exhibiting what those words mean, i.e., they are practicing what they preach.

Everyone at Cross is the embodiment of BE KIND. My son has special needs and they are very understanding of him and me as well. I am very impressed at the way they always conduct themselves- with altruism and professionalism. I highly recommend Cross Middle School.

Cross is a fantastic place to work, and a very comfortable place to teach. The community is supportive and involved in what happens at the school, which allows us teachers to do our best in the classroom. I have asked for help from the community for my program and have received every thing I ever needed to help make my job in front of the kids successful. Mr. Heinemann and Mr. Dominguez have done a great job to implement a school purpose and belief system. I am watching pieces fall in to place every day as the school moves towards its goals. We offer many elective choices at Cross that help students to explore their creativity including band, orchestra, musical theater, percussion, choir, and guitar. The athletic system is run by Mr. Williams, who has decades of experience and ensures our athletes are competitive, while learning and representing the school in a positive way. I hope that when I am a parent, my students will get to attend such a well-rounded school as Cross.

Excellent school. Wonderful school district. Andy Heinemann, principal, is awesome. Fantastic staff. Amazing students. I'm so proud to be part of this team.

Last modified Lawrence W Cross Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.