Bad
Good

I am unable to rate the school fairly since my step-daughter will just begin the 2013 fall year here in Tucson. However, I am concerned with the some of the previous comments made. I hope new Principal Loya can make changes in the right direction for teachers and students alike.

The reason I'm researching at this website is because I'm looking to transfer my daughter to another school. She is in second grade and has attended Marshall since kindergarten. We have had problems since the beginning, when she had four different teachers in her kindergarten year. My daughter does well academically, but even participating in the GATE pullout program is not enough for us to keep her at Marshall for another year. She has had run-ins with some pretty troubled students, which may be unavoidable these days. What isn't acceptable to my wife and me is the basic lack of academic preparation for anything but reading. I had to teach her how to add and subtract after we finally figured out that she wasn't being taught any logical system (they use some kind of complicated number chart). We're still debating about transferring her to another TUSD school or just going charter--a real disappointment to us as my wife and I are both TUSD grads, ourselves.

This is my daughter's third year at Marshall and she loves it. The teachers are caring and my daughter's learning skills have extremely improved. The class sizes are high, but that is anywhere nowadays. She is in third grade this year and has a great group of friends who all get along very well.

My child was stabbed twice, he came home with a bloody injured hand.I received no call home.He wasnt let to go to the nurse.The principal refused to discipline the other child and told me I should move.He showed me and my child all the incidents he did not report saying it would take to much time to report.He admitted to watching bullying and do nothing.State law says every pinch,poke,pull etc is to be reported.I called law enforcement who felt SO bad for my 7yr old.Took pics of the wounds and the principal is gone!:)My son is scared for life.Don't send your child here.The teacher was always screaming when I'd pop in.And my child did nothing to provoke the other except for being cute and the other child didn't that like mine was getting attention from a girl he liked.DON'T SEND YOUR CHILD HERE, PLEASE! Keep your baby safe and away.

Both of my children attended Marshall. It is an excellent school. The teachers are great. They go above and beyond with their students. I couldn't have asked for more! My children loved it there. Both principals throughout the years have been amazing! All in all , the teachers and staff work great together focusing on what is best for the students.

Last modified Marshall Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.