Richard B Wilson Jr School 2

Posted February 26, 2014
School is too strict and standards are low. My daughter is not challenged and finds subjects are too easy. There is a lack of parent communication, and staff and workers lack a lot of empathy. The students have no manners, are snobby, rude and cheat on tests. I dont recommend this school.

Posted July 30, 2013
I have 2 kids that attend Wilson, one in the middle school and one in elementary. I am very impressed with the teacher quality here, more than other schools I have had experience with. I love that they do many community activities such as a chilli cook-off in the fall and a spring festival every year with rides and games. The school is proactive about getting parents involved, and have good communication with weekly emails and facebook updates, as well as parent portal for the older kids to check their assignments and grades. Our assigned home schools are good schools (Mesa Verde and Cross), but we chose to open enroll our kids here (we live just acroos the road from the Wilson assigned attendance area) since it is such a quality school.

Richard B Wilson Jr School 2

Posted April 26, 2013
Lots of parental involvement. However, administrators lack communication skills, empathy, fairness. They love the parents that are always there but the working parents are treated like they are absent parents and their kids are troubled. Too quick to judge. Also, majority students anglo, lots of discrimination at the junior high level within students, lots of weed, too many latch key kids with money and too much alone time!

Posted August 10, 2012
I took my daughters out of a private school which cost me $24K a year for both and enrolled them at Wilson 5 years ago and could not be happier. The teachers are great, the administration is wonderful, and it has one of the highest parent participation rates in the country. I have yet to have a single bad teacher and feel that any concerns I have ever had are quickly dealt with in a professional manner. The curriculum is more than appropriate and both of my daughters who due to birthdays are actually a year younger than their classmates have tested at exceeds standards in all areas. I feel the test scores are due in a large part to the excellent staff at Wilson. Had I not lived near the school I would have opted to keep my children in a private school.

Richard B Wilson Jr School 1

Posted July 10, 2012
This school has the worst communication skills with parents and prospective parents. Administration shows area bias when open enrolling. I was told that since I live in Eagle Crest my child would not be a good "fit" there and to try Coronado. I simply wanted to put my child in a school where he had friends. So fair warning if you come from Catalina area those at Wilson k-8 think you are trash and should not attend

Posted November 22, 2011
This is a awesome school I have gone here 1 and a half years and it is wonderful

Richard B Wilson Jr School 3

Posted August 16, 2011
Not so impressed. We moved from out of state and my kids were in all advanced classes and getting them put in the correct classes here was more than a hassle. They tested them and agreed where they needed to be but the communication between staff and departments is lacking. My 8th grader's schedule had to be sent back 3 times to get corrected. The office staff is not friendly or helpful and acts annoyed if you ask any questions. They charge for full day kindergarten (i guess typical for AZ) but if you choose to go with half day instead then your child misses out on Art, PE, Music, Library and Computer. If you end up going to this school just make sure you are a pro-active parent and skip all the middle men by going directly to the principle Mr. Hannah as that is the only way anything will get taken care of.

Posted August 24, 2009
I attended Wilson as a 7-8 grader and returned later in life as a student teacher and then a teacher for a year. Grat experience from both perspectives and can't wait to get back there to teach in the future!

Richard B Wilson Jr School 0

Posted June 22, 2009
Great school, great teachers, make this a wonderful school to transition to high school. I can't think of any aspect to even be critical of in my evaluation. We are proud that our children attend this school.

Posted April 09, 2009
This school is excellent! I am in the 8th grade and I have been going here my whole life! The teachers and the education is great!

Richard B Wilson Jr School
2330 W Glover Rd, Tucson, AZ  85742
Last modified Richard B Wilson Jr School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richard B Wilson Jr School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top