Tucson, AZ
Students enrolled: 1,115

Richard B Wilson Jr School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 29, 2015
I have a child going into first grade as well as one going in Kinder. I am very pleased. My first child completed kinder with Mrs. Wetter and she was fantastic. Mrs Wetter really loves her children and works well with parents, she is strict but I loved its and made it a request for my son to join Mrs Wetters this year. The office staff is all great except for the front desk lady she can be rude a lot, but she's not the one teaching my children so I really blow it off. The principals are all amazing as well. The staff truly care for the children. I am pleased. My daughter finished kinder being able to write and read wonderfully.

Posted July 29, 2015
Love my experience at the school It is ran more like a private school for a public. Lots of parent involvement.

Richard B Wilson Jr School 4

Posted April 17, 2015
Im an 8th grader attending Wilson. I have been here for 3 years and i love it. There are a lot of ups and downs though. Some teachers have no motivation to teach, making it hard for the children to have a motivation to learn. Some teachers are outstanding and try as hard as possible for there students to understand the curriculum. The office staff are such a ridiculous inexperienced group of people that it can make you laugh. But it's been a great 3 years and the memories i've made her are ones i wont forget. The students are nice, mostly mormons so they'll leave you alone. Bullying isnt much of a problem, there are a few meanies here and there, but they blow away as fast as time. The academics are great i assure you, and the sports are great. Sending your children here is something you would never regret.

Richard B Wilson Jr School 2

Posted February 26, 2014
School is too strict and standards are low. My daughter is not challenged and finds subjects are too easy. There is a lack of parent communication, and staff and workers lack a lot of empathy. The students have no manners, are snobby, rude and cheat on tests. I dont recommend this school.

Posted December 17, 2013
i am a student. this school was the best school i have ever seen, maybe 6th grade little bit harder, but 7th grade was awesome. their teachers was awesome, they are funny and commicute with each other. i love this school

Posted July 30, 2013
I have 2 kids that attend Wilson, one in the middle school and one in elementary. I am very impressed with the teacher quality here, more than other schools I have had experience with. I love that they do many community activities such as a chilli cook-off in the fall and a spring festival every year with rides and games. The school is proactive about getting parents involved, and have good communication with weekly emails and facebook updates, as well as parent portal for the older kids to check their assignments and grades. Our assigned home schools are good schools (Mesa Verde and Cross), but we chose to open enroll our kids here (we live just acroos the road from the Wilson assigned attendance area) since it is such a quality school.

Richard B Wilson Jr School 2

Posted April 26, 2013
Lots of parental involvement. However, administrators lack communication skills, empathy, fairness. They love the parents that are always there but the working parents are treated like they are absent parents and their kids are troubled. Too quick to judge. Also, majority students anglo, lots of discrimination at the junior high level within students, lots of weed, too many latch key kids with money and too much alone time!

Posted August 10, 2012
I took my daughters out of a private school which cost me $24K a year for both and enrolled them at Wilson 5 years ago and could not be happier. The teachers are great, the administration is wonderful, and it has one of the highest parent participation rates in the country. I have yet to have a single bad teacher and feel that any concerns I have ever had are quickly dealt with in a professional manner. The curriculum is more than appropriate and both of my daughters who due to birthdays are actually a year younger than their classmates have tested at exceeds standards in all areas. I feel the test scores are due in a large part to the excellent staff at Wilson. Had I not lived near the school I would have opted to keep my children in a private school.

Richard B Wilson Jr School 1

Posted July 10, 2012
This school has the worst communication skills with parents and prospective parents. Administration shows area bias when open enrolling. I was told that since I live in Eagle Crest my child would not be a good "fit" there and to try Coronado. I simply wanted to put my child in a school where he had friends. So fair warning if you come from Catalina area those at Wilson k-8 think you are trash and should not attend

Posted November 22, 2011
This is a awesome school I have gone here 1 and a half years and it is wonderful

Richard B Wilson Jr School
2330 W Glover Rd, Tucson, AZ  85742
Last modified Richard B Wilson Jr School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Richard B Wilson Jr School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top