Tucson Magnet High School 3

Posted July 17, 2014
My child had a multitude of complaints about the learning environment. The teachers turn the other cheek when it comes to misbehaving students in the class room. The students own the school. She showed me videos of some teachers with fear in their eyes, just trying to get through the day. My Daughter did say that the academics are great, and that they offer a lot of good classes. The school is very big with a lot of students and it has a beautiful campus. Students need more discipline in this school it affects other students who are trying to achieve.

Tucson Magnet High School 2

Posted July 28, 2011
During my year at Tucson High I went through many new experiences. As everyone says this school has many opportunities but you have to reach for them. In high school your expected to do so, I personally did not like the environment, or most anything about it, at all. I made few friends & struggled through the easiest classes because of stress both at home & at school BECAUSE of school. There is some diversity but the ethnic group's are very unbalanced. The teachers you get could be either great or terrible and often both staff and students have terrible attitudes & teaching skills. You either be willing to try to work with the school (which I did at first, & now I'm trying to switch out) or simply go with the flow, meet new people and make new friends. As for the education MANY students don't even try to do their work, often did not care about their education & rules are not enforced. Drugs are done in the open, harsh language surrounds you & fights are not uncommon. I personally did not like this school at all but it really depends on what you do, what you make of it, and how you act.

Posted November 10, 2010
This school is an amazing place to work. Its incredibly diverse and offers a variety of classes for the students.

Tucson Magnet High School 4

Posted October 27, 2010
As with any school, Tucson high has its occasional dud of a teacher, and it has the same drama, drugs, etc problems that anywhere would if you get a bunch of high school kids together. But it also has some really amazing people in its faculty and really outstanding programs. My four years there was exceptional; as a magnet school for arts, science, and technology, it has something for everybody. I had four great years filled with photography, drama, art, even weaving. Every year Tucson high sweeps the state photo competition and usually goes on to nationals. Others went on to compete at the international level for the science fair through the Research Methods course that lets you research anything you want and give you the option of pairing with a UA scientist as a mentor. I'm so glad I had the good fortune to attend.

Tucson Magnet High School 3

Posted February 21, 2010
As a freshman at Tucson Magnet High School I believe that my experience thus far has been debatable. Although I have met some remarkable teachers and students sometimes I just don't enjoy going here. A major part of my classmates really don't care about there education, and sometimes I feel that I am surrounded by a bunch of idiots. The education is good, the extra curricular activities are amazing but the student body is lacking.

Tucson Magnet High School 5

Posted September 17, 2009
The school is the best school my children have gone to. I have 5 children and my last two school age kids are at Tucson High. It is by far the best school with the most caring teachers and principals, the most fine arts programs and sports and many other extracuricular activities. They are also very careful with the safety of the students. I am very glad my kids go here.

Posted September 16, 2009
I love my high school, that is the oldest in the state of Arizona. When I attended it was Tucson High School. My alma mater excels because of its diversity and the classes, that offers magnet programs in Science, Mathematics, Technology, Visual Arts, and Performing Arts. The rate of graduates going on to higher learning is one of the highest in Tucson. I maintain a very close relationship with my THS.

Tucson Magnet High School 5

Posted July 18, 2009

Tucson Magnet High School 1

Posted December 16, 2008
I have been going to Tucson High for 3 years now. it has a lot of people and drama. if you make friends with everyone, you wont have problems. Some teachers aren't very good though. I don't think the staff knows what they are doing. They would give me classes i don't even need. Ones that i've already passed. I only like this school because i know a lot of people here.

Posted August 13, 2008
My child has learned a lot, the teachers are great they tell me what i need to know and they enforce the rules provided by the district. My child is now in honor classes thanks to his teachers, he was in AE classes before, but now im so proud. Its all thanks to the schools teachers and staff.

Tucson Magnet High School
400 N. Second Avenue, Tucson, AZ  85705
Last modified Tucson Magnet High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tucson Magnet High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top