No rating

Salpointe Catholic High School

Private | 9-12 | 300 students

Living in Tucson

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $157,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $740.

Posted Friday, September 12, 2014

Salpointe Catholic High School purports to enhance the moral development of the students who attend; however, in reality the administrative team that runs the school cares more about outward appearances and athletic competition rather than the intellectual as well as social development of our youth. The actions taken by school officials and certain educators do not uphold the Christian values of other like minded institutions. Over the years the school culture has become one where favoritism and unscrupulous activity abound. At one point in time, I would have sent my children there without reservation. I can no longer say the same.

Posted May 7, 2014

Salpointe has proven to be a great choice for our family. Our child selected Salpointe as her 1st choice and she has flourished there. She has experienced a challenging curriculum, a variety of dynamic teachers, a supportive administrative team and great extracurricular opportunities. The sense of giving back to your community is engrained in the students lives and as parents we know that the kids are looked after as best as anyone can watch over teens. Is it perfect? no, but after researching every private and public school that fit college preparatory criteria for our family in Tucson, Salpointe has more to offer than any when one looks at supporting a Whole Child experience.

Posted November 27, 2013

I attended this school for one year, transferring in when my family relocated to Tucson. Personally, it was not a good school for me and I was not happy there. I would follow the advice of parents who say to ask yourself why you are considering sending your child to Salpointe. If you think your child will be 100% surrounded by nice, moral kids, save your money. Money can't buy kindness or Christian values- teenagers are teenagers and this school is no different from any other in that respect. Some of the kids are definitely great, but I met an equal number of unsavory young people. If you are sending your child for the Catholic experience but your family doesn't have a lot of money, you may also want to consider how your economic status will likely be a detriment to your child socially. Fitting in economically makes a big difference here. If, however, you are looking for Catholic studies and academic challenge, your family's economic status matches that of the majority of the students, and you have realistic expectations of the maturity of the student body, then this school may be a good choice for you.

Posted March 27, 2012

Well, my son attended a wrestling match at this school. The school principle allowed open recruiting for the marines during the wrestling match. Having attended Catholic School (in another city ) for 12 years, I was appalled. I sent a letter to the school principal and I was ignored. No response. It is clear that this Catholic School is not en par with the better, jesuit run schools around the country!

Posted May 8, 2010

We are just finishing our 12th year in a row at Salpointe with four children attending SCHS. It has been an overall fabulous experience. It has been safe, challenging academically, and a positive experience with a variety of outside activities. The community experience is to be unmatched. In addition to sound academics I have ultimately enjoyed who my children are. High school is a tough time for teenagers. I believe Salpointe helps transition our children into young adults with a skill set that facilitates long term decision making and enduring life's challenges.

Posted April 30, 2010

Best school in the entire world! Honetly! It challenges every single aspect of what it means to be a human. It prepares you for college and for the real world better than anything I have ever heard about! You will make friends that will last you a life time! One comes to learn what really is important in life at Salpointe, one comes to understand the true worth of life at Salpointe.

Posted April 16, 2010

I just graduated from Salpointe this past year. Coming from a public school the transition was tough my freshman year, however I grew to love the school more and more each year. There is just such a deep bond between students as well as faculty and it is evident that the faculty is making an effort to see students succeed. With about 275 people in my graduating class I felt comfortable with all of them and truly believe that the school has shaped me into what I am today. I may not have loved some of the policies at the time but reflecting I realize why they were implemented and I am thankful.

Posted January 8, 2010

I am a past parent. My older kids had an incredible experience at teh school. But I'd say that the school has completely fallen apart over the past nine years or so. For one thing, they adopted a leadership style that never works. You cannot run a school with a board of 8 people. That is ridiculous. Secondly, Salpointe needs to oeverhaul its entire administration. everyone there has been there way too long. They do not care about the school and it is time for them to move on.

Posted March 24, 2009

What ever you do - know what you are getting yourself into if this is your number one school choice. Check to see who the administration is accountable to. What are the college graduation rates. Is the school biased toward race, color, or religious affiliation. Also, do they give preferential treatment to children of families who have a lot to donate. 4 years with this school and it was the worst decision of our lives. By the way our children are honors students who have never given anyone a problem. Just make sure you really know what you are getting into. We did not and the next person should know the reality. Be aware and check out the real facts and not just what is being told to you. Just one of those things in life that looks good on the outside. Would not recommend to anyone.

Posted March 24, 2009

Salpointe is a great school people who say otherwise are making excuses for the lack of their child's success

Posted March 7, 2009

Wow, what can I say. Our daughter is a Junior at Salpointe and has never been happier. As she has said many times, everyone fits in at Salpointe. She has been extremely prepared for her future, college, and living a morally centered life. What more can you ask for than an extension of your family life, a sense of community, and a loving team to support your child. Thank you for all you have done and continue to do to help us raise our children in today's scary times.

Posted November 22, 2008

Do your research. It's not worth the money or the aggravation. Morals and ethics have become so degraded we'd have to say - don't be persuaded about higher achieving students than the rest of the schools in town. Find a school that will 'challenge' your student and treat your child and family with respect. This one would be your worst choice !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted November 17, 2008

I am a Salpointe graduate, and I got to say that I love this school. The teachers were tough but fair, and the new policy's will keep kids away from drugs and alcohol. Thanks to Salpointe I was able to attended an Ivy League university! The sports programs are just as good as the academics. It is a common misconception that all Salpointe kids come from rich families. This is simply not true. The school worked with my parents and were able to provide the financial aid needed for me to attend. When I have children they will defiantly be attending Salpointe Catholic.

Posted November 7, 2008

Worst school experience ever! Leaders who fail to see the need to make improvements in any area. Make sure you find several families who have sent their children to this school in the last 8 years or you will be sadly disappointed. Paying for education brings a set of standard expectations. One being children are truly cared about and challenged. Two, the educated adults around your children actually have a desire to watch every child learn and grow into moral adults. We will never recommend this school to anyone and have already made sure we have warned others about our experiences. Message is - find out the truth before you committ.

Posted November 5, 2008

I think that Salpointe is an amazing school. I sent my daughter to Salpointe in January her sophomore year to get her out of a 'bad crowd' at public school. She is now a Senior at Salpointe and loves every second of it! She has made a 180 degree turn about since 10th grade. We could not be more happy. The teachers are fantastic, the curriculum is challenging, the extra 'c's' are very diverse and more than you can count. Sports program is great, the art program is great, needs a little work on the music program, but over all, this school is a '15'. My other daughter will attend Salpointe. We wouldn't be here without the financial aid. Thank you!

Posted November 4, 2008

I like that all my sons friends have to do extra school work at home. It helps that they all are in the same boat w/ higher expectations

Posted September 21, 2008

Worst school environment. The curriculum does not prepare any student any better than any public school education if your child is willing to learn. This school has really gone down hill. Finding out the truth about what this school is like is what you are looking for. Don't listen to the fluff - it is not the truth!

Posted September 13, 2008

I am currently a Salpointe Sophomore, and I love Salpointe. You get to be challenged, but also have a good time. Plus, because of smaller class sizes, I have met so many great people, and teachers. I read some other bad reviews, and I can't understand why they say those things; there is definitely parent involvement, because of open house, letters, emails sent home every day in the daily announcements, and meetings and the annual SPA-getthi hosted by the parents association. It's really a great school, and I recommend it to anyone and everyone. I would give it 6 stars if I could. Oh, and to all those out there with questions, no you don't have to be Catholic, or white or rich, or whatever other misconceptions there are. I have friends who have financial aid and everything, so the thought of this as only a rich school is laughable.

Posted August 13, 2008

I'm a parent and former student and my parents are also Salpointe alums. While my child is indeed getting a great education in a safe environment, I'm frustrated by the exceptionally high tuition that costs more that the University of Arizona! There is also an elitist attitude on the behalf of the administration that really gets under my skin. It's been a real struggle to make ends meet but in the end it's the best thing I can offer my children.

Posted July 10, 2008

School needs some housekeeping of leadership before it will return to what it should be. It has potential but is not the school environment we thought it was.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Tucson

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1545 East Copper Street