Tucson, AZ

Posted November 03, 2014
There are few good choices for K-8 education in Tucson AZ. We were getting worried where to put our K child. BASIS was our 1st choice since it has high standards and is a top performing school in the Nation, long wait lists forced us to go to SSPP. A few months later, I'm convinced SSPP is my 1st choice. The K teacher who has been teaching there for 30 yrs was excellent. And the parental community is cohesive and caring, the new principal has great aspirations and cares too. Overall, this parent can smell if the administrators of the school are caring or indifferent and doesn't care; SSPP passes this test at this time in 2014, although I understand that this may change at any time. The reason I gave a 4 star instead of a 5 star is the unavailability of Spanish classes for the children. Even public schools in Tucson such as in district 16 schools have Spanish classes. I think learning multiple languages especially Spanish here in Tucson will benefit students of SSPP greatly in their future careers. I think it is a great disservice that Spanish is not being taught at SSPP. I hope Spanish will be taught in SSPP soon. Even though I'm not Hispanic, I want my child to learn Spanish.

Ss Peter & Paul Catholic School 5

Posted October 28, 2014
SSPP has an amazing new principal who has a BA, MA and , MA in education degrees. She is also a certified National Board Educator. This principal greats all families everyday and is highly visible on campus. My family has noticed positive curriculum changes and high learning expectations on campus. As a family of the past four years, this new principal is bringing needed change to SSPP.

Posted October 07, 2013
This is school provides a safe atmosphere on campus. The kids here are warm and respectful, however transferring in from a private school from a different state, their technology use here is much behind from what we came from - the previous school gave each child an IPad to for their learning and not have to carry around heavy textbooks. It is so crazy to have a youngsters these days to be carrying heavy books in their backpacks.

Ss Peter & Paul Catholic School 5

Posted December 06, 2012
I have been a parent at Saints Peter and Paul School for over 8 years.. My family and I have had a very positive experience at this school. Over the past 6 months there have been awesome, sweeping changes to the curriculum. There is 21st Century technology in every classroom. The academics are excellent, and the Religious education is wonderful. The teachers are responsive and effective. Communication between the classroom and the home is at an optimum! They have a remarkable Resource Program that has helped my son very much! This school is very welcoming and goes out of the way to make everyone a part of the family. Choose Saints Peter & Paul School and your children will be going to Tucson's finest K-8 school.

Posted August 23, 2011
My wife and I have had three of our children attending Saints Peter & Paul since kindergarten. It a safe environment with good discipline. The education has been more than satisfactory. We also love the strong sense of community among the families.

Posted May 21, 2011
I have only toured the school, but I didn't like what I saw. Teachers seemed mean and more interested in me than the students. Class sizes were overwhelming for the teachers. Some children were not paying attention, which distracted some other students and the teacher did nothing. Teachers were unable to improvise. I saw 6th Grade boys and girls flirting in class. THIS IS A CATHOLIC SCHOOL! The teacher did nothing, neither did my guide. None of the staff I mett seemed particularly intelligent. At teh end of the day Catholic or not it is still a school. How can a bunch of idiots teach? I was expecting a lot more for what they wanted to charge me.

Posted August 11, 2010
I have two children at Sts. Peter & Paul. While the quality of education is stellar, I've become very upset by the new Principal and have noticed a number of changes that have me concerned. The Principal does not seem open or able to exhibit generosity of spirit, a shame in an educator and recently one of the best teachers left the school due to the management style. We pray the new Parish Priest will restore order and compassion to the administrators. We'd hate to lose any other teachers.

Posted July 09, 2010
Furthermore, the vice principal, who was the only staff member who cared, is no longer going to be at the school! I am so glad my children are no longer attending this horrible school. What a huge waste of money! All of the time and money that we put into this school.....for nothing. Lessons learned - we are happy with the public school we have decided to put our children in. Sometimes it's good to have an actual school district be involved in upper staff decisions. Sts. Peter and Paul is no Catholic school - the staff are pagans!!!!

Posted May 22, 2010
A generally rude and mean spirited staff from the top on down. They are very greedy in charging for every little thing including inventing non-refundable "fees." They take great delight in publicly humiliating both parents and children. They keep a lot of secrets from public view and get real uncomfortable and agitated when you ask them simple questions.

Ss Peter & Paul Catholic School 0

Posted December 26, 2009
Standard Catholic school of the last 50 years. Little seems to have changed. Pleasant, but a little staid or even boring.

Ss Peter & Paul Catholic School
1436 North Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ  85719
Last modified Ss Peter & Paul Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Ss Peter & Paul Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top