Immaculate Heart Academy 3

Posted May 02, 2015
I'm a student at Immaculate Heart Middle School. Honestly, this has probably been the worst middle school experience ever. I have had so many issues here. The uniform code is ridiculous. They are strict about socks....seriously? also, I feel as though they are taking the fun out of the school. Everything we used to enjoy is now gone. And the high school is dirty, run down, and unorganized. Also the masses are held in the basement of the high school with no air conditioning.I am not trying to be offensive but this is seriously how it is here. I would not recommend it

Posted February 18, 2015
I love IHS. The Teachers are great, caring and dedicated. Beautiful school. Small size classrooms. After care program available. Weekly Spanish classes. Religion classes.

Posted April 21, 2014
The school and staff are amazing! My children have blossomed greatly in the year they have been attending. My employer moves me a lot and we have had to send our children to many schools over the years. Immaculate Heart is by far the best school we have found!

Posted February 25, 2014
Both the administration and the entire staff are amazing! When we decided to move our daughter from public school mid year we knew it would be challenging. I spoke to almost every private and charter school in Tucson but after my first conversation with Sister Veronica I knew Immacuate Heart was the place we wanted our daughter. The support of the staff, teachers and believe it or not students made all the difference in the transition going smoothly. If you want a place that truly cares about your child, you won't be dissappointed.

Posted July 19, 2012
Immaculate Heart gives my family a sense of community as well as a well rounded education for our children. We have been part of the IHS family since 2007 and have 2 children at the school. The overall state of the economy and new charter school openings in the area have resulted in decreased admissions but I'm still confident in the education my children are receiving at IHS. Test scores don't lie. If you view the ITBS scores on the school website under Academics, you will see that IHS is preparing our children well. The school provides Apple computer labs and Smart Boards in every classroom and the Middle School has an Award Winning Science program!! The Sisters and faculty also provide a religious education that is so intimate, I can't imagine a better place for my children to learn about love, kindness, discipline and morals. And yes, the school is not run by the diocese and has been around since 1930 - with no financial assistance from a parish or the diocese. I would say that is pretty impressive. I learned about this site from someone that mentioned they had read negative reviews and I couldn't understand why - I felt it was time for me to share my positive experience!

Posted July 17, 2012
IHS is a wonderful school for our whole family. As a parent and active volunteer at IHS for several years I find the negative comments very unfortunate. We are all going to have different experiences no matter what school our children attend. We all have the right to choose based on individual family situations. Families are pulling out of private schools all over the country due to the economic situation in the US. Families are moving out of state for jobs. Teachers retired, some accepted other positions. families moved out of state, CTSO giving is down and there is less money to help families who need assistance. Some private schools have already closed down due to low enrollment. The last post mentions that is is a "little scary" with the Sisters running the school . . . we are talking about the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary!!! They give all of themselves to our school, our children, families and faculty. The Sisters and faculty enrich our Catholic values of love, charity, forgiveness, kindness and compassion which are in keeping with Jesus' ministry. Throw in some fantastic and challenging academics and loving teachers and you have Immaculate Heart .Peace
3 people found this helpful

Posted July 04, 2012
Please remember this school is not run by the diocese. It's completely private. The diocese only oversee's the curriculum and accredidation. Saying that.......the sisters literally can do anything they want. This makes it a little scary. I would definitely recommend a catholic school that is run by the diocese. This way....if any issues arise, you have someone to hear you out. Also, knowing that the diocese will correct issues that they feel are wrong. At Immaculate heart, issues are carefully tucked under the rug....just be aware.

Posted July 03, 2012
We wanted this to be the school we had hoped for. Unfortunately, the negative far outweighed the positive.

Posted July 03, 2012
Hmmm. Interesting and a little suspicious. A coworker steered me to this site which I did not know existed. Not very many reviews appeared until a few not so favorable reviews appeared (some were even removed). It is almost as though someone is soliciting positive reviews to defend the less favorable ones and boost the rating. My review was not solicited. I have been disappointed in the education provided and the unhealthy caddiness of some parents for the last few years. When I heard about so many people leaving, I began asking questions. Several parents shared my concerns about the decline of the school. Some said they shared their concerns with school leaders, but nothing was done. I want a true religious education for my child where Catholic values are shared and demanded from everyone students, parents, and school volunteers and leaders. That environment does not exist here. We are not returning.

Posted June 25, 2012
Having relocated in the middle of the school year from out of state, we joined the IHS community and were welcomed by everyone with open arms. The one thing that really stands out about IHS, is the education and the process in which the children receive it. Parents who pay attention and are involved can not miss the verbal and written ques that the teachers pass on to them. The communication is there. Aside from education, the warmth of the Sisters, teachers, staff are an excellent representation of our faith. We found that the parents were helpful and welcoming. If you want your children in a loving, safe enviornment, where they will get a good education - this is the school for you.

Immaculate Heart Academy
410 E Magee Rd, Tucson, AZ  85704
Last modified Immaculate Heart Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Immaculate Heart Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top