PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My daughter is challenged with advanced math and next generation science standards. She comes home singing songs from Mass and her teacher is very kind and supportive.

Honestly this school really is terrible. The teachers are way to strict with their rules and uniform. They have no communication and are really inconsiderable to the parents. This year they made everyone buy dress shoes mid-year and pay the teachers if they didn't. The sisters honestly don't care about the students and only want the money.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The sisters, who run the school, really don't care about the students at all and only want the money. They don't know how to solve problems within the school and won't let the students ever have they're say.

I have 3 children that have attended this school for the past 6 years. It has been a wonderful experience for our entire family. My children are receiving a wonderful education. The school community is very supportive and loving. My children are involved in extracurricular activities (sports, band, etc). Teaching and administration are very open and warm. Any issues that have arisen, have been quickly and easily resolved. I can't imagine having my children anywhere else.

I'm a student at Immaculate Heart Middle School. Honestly, this has probably been the worst middle school experience ever. I have had so many issues here. The uniform code is ridiculous. They are strict about socks....seriously? also, I feel as though they are taking the fun out of the school. Everything we used to enjoy is now gone. And the high school is dirty, run down, and unorganized. Also the masses are held in the basement of the high school with no air conditioning.I am not trying to be offensive but this is seriously how it is here. I would not recommend it

I love IHS. The Teachers are great, caring and dedicated. Beautiful school. Small size classrooms. After care program available. Weekly Spanish classes. Religion classes.

The school and staff are amazing! My children have blossomed greatly in the year they have been attending. My employer moves me a lot and we have had to send our children to many schools over the years. Immaculate Heart is by far the best school we have found!

Both the administration and the entire staff are amazing! When we decided to move our daughter from public school mid year we knew it would be challenging. I spoke to almost every private and charter school in Tucson but after my first conversation with Sister Veronica I knew Immacuate Heart was the place we wanted our daughter. The support of the staff, teachers and believe it or not students made all the difference in the transition going smoothly. If you want a place that truly cares about your child, you won't be dissappointed.

Immaculate Heart gives my family a sense of community as well as a well rounded education for our children. We have been part of the IHS family since 2007 and have 2 children at the school. The overall state of the economy and new charter school openings in the area have resulted in decreased admissions but I'm still confident in the education my children are receiving at IHS. Test scores don't lie. If you view the ITBS scores on the school website under Academics, you will see that IHS is preparing our children well. The school provides Apple computer labs and Smart Boards in every classroom and the Middle School has an Award Winning Science program!! The Sisters and faculty also provide a religious education that is so intimate, I can't imagine a better place for my children to learn about love, kindness, discipline and morals. And yes, the school is not run by the diocese and has been around since 1930 - with no financial assistance from a parish or the diocese. I would say that is pretty impressive. I learned about this site from someone that mentioned they had read negative reviews and I couldn't understand why - I felt it was time for me to share my positive experience!

IHS is a wonderful school for our whole family. As a parent and active volunteer at IHS for several years I find the negative comments very unfortunate. We are all going to have different experiences no matter what school our children attend. We all have the right to choose based on individual family situations. Families are pulling out of private schools all over the country due to the economic situation in the US. Families are moving out of state for jobs. Teachers retired, some accepted other positions. families moved out of state, CTSO giving is down and there is less money to help families who need assistance. Some private schools have already closed down due to low enrollment. The last post mentions that is is a "little scary" with the Sisters running the school . . . we are talking about the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary!!! They give all of themselves to our school, our children, families and faculty. The Sisters and faculty enrich our Catholic values of love, charity, forgiveness, kindness and compassion which are in keeping with Jesus' ministry. Throw in some fantastic and challenging academics and loving teachers and you have Immaculate Heart .Peace

Last modified Immaculate Heart Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8