9-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Ironwood Ridge High School 1

Posted October 26, 2015
My child is a freshman. She was denied an opportunity to join cheer for no good reason. Also after a conflict with another student; the administration punished her unfairly. The staff is more concerned with appearances than education and guidance of all students. I would not send my child here.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 26, 2015
The teacher are good. My child loved her teachers. It's the administration that needs to be replaced.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted October 26, 2015
No. It does not support their students or develop determination. It develops isolation and inequality.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted October 26, 2015
just the opposite. if you make a mistake depending on who your family is you will be treated accordingly.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted October 26, 2015
My child was offered a prescription pill from another student. Instead of dealing with the root cause and problem, she was suspended. We received a letter explaining that the school did not have provided school work for her after we requested make up work.

Ironwood Ridge High School 2

Posted August 31, 2014
A direct quote from a teacher to the entire class, "I have over 100 students, I don't care if you fail.". The same teacher, "I can see you are all confused, but I'm moving forward.", and once again "almost all of you will fail this test". In my opinion the problem doesn't lie with the students, this teacher cannot teach. More than one teacher at this school will openly mock parents in front of students just because the parent contacted them about concerns over grades. Frankly, I find this behavior on the part of the teacher not only unprofessional but also childish. Teachers who fail the majority of a class are the true failures, not the children.

Ironwood Ridge High School 3

Posted August 31, 2014
The staff and students are great but the administration does not respect the teachers. This creates a culture of fear in which teachers are afraid to state their opinions.

Ironwood Ridge High School 2

Posted February 04, 2014
My daughter went here for her junior year of high school. We had some issues with bullying. She was bullied for her race. She was bullied for not wanting to participate in school spirit. She was bullied by an extremely rude culinary teacher. The administration did about as much as they wanted to about this issue. I figured the incidents of racial intolerances at this school were isolated, but unfortunately my family was wrong. She had an absolutely wonderful chemistry teacher and some of the parents who volunteered were very nice. Those are the positives I can give this school. More news of racial intolerance has come out in the news about this school since then. I would love for that long winded 5 star review from the student below to be true for everyone, however it is not. Please do not be deterred by the students trying to defend this school on this page. I admire the school spirit, but enough of our children have fallen victim to prejudice and childish behavior from some of the supposed mentors.

Ironwood Ridge High School 1

Posted January 09, 2014
Families who have children attending a school which for some time has looked the other way with regards to racial speech, verbal abuse and physical threats is not a school I can recommend to anyone.

Ironwood Ridge High School 5

Posted December 31, 2013
After reading some of these reviews I decided to share my opinion since the quality of the few reviews before me are so unbelievably biased it makes me laugh. By no way is Ironwood a terrible high school. I'll tell you it isn't perfect, but I would have no regrets sending my child going to this high school after I've already attended. Sure some of the teachers aren't Ivy League professors, but 99 percent of them have challenging courses and the tenacity to teach the kids. The counselors aren't perfect, but they will help as much as they can so you can pursue the university your child wants. To the person who bashed IRHS and wanted to sent their child to basis, counselors and other admins are just references when trying to attend a higher education university. It is still your child's responsibility to get his/her own references and letters of recommendations based on their community and school involvement the four years in high school. To the person complaining about athletics, you have no idea the social and team building skills athletics teach you. These skills help with so many life situations it's almost arrogant saying athletics is given too much importance

2475 West Naranja Drive, Tucson, AZ  85742
Last modified Ironwood Ridge High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.