Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Ironwood Ridge High School 5

Posted June 09, 2016
My son was a freshman at Ironwood Ridge during the 2015-2016 school year. He had a great experience. Moving from a small town in Arizona to this school has been great, as the school offers many more choices as to advanced placement courses and after school activities than were available at his previous school.

Ironwood Ridge High School 5

Posted June 07, 2016
I have two children that have gone through Ironwood Ridge high school. I have found the coursework at Ironwood to be more advanced than most high schools in the area and the majority of the teachers to be very good. Their clubs and athletic programs are outstanding. Both of my children are minority students and neither one has felt any bullying or racial tension at this high school. Many of their friends who graduated from other local high schools with same type of grades found college very difficult while my sons have found it fairly easy. In my opinion it's one of the best high schools in the state. I was a teacher at several high schools in another state and would loved to have taught at this school. With 2000 students at this school it's amazing how few comments are on this website in the last few years.

Ironwood Ridge High School 1

Posted October 26, 2015
My child is a freshman. She was denied an opportunity to join cheer for no good reason. Also after a conflict with another student; the administration punished her unfairly. The staff is more concerned with appearances than education and guidance of all students. I would not send my child here.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 26, 2015
The teacher are good. My child loved her teachers. It's the administration that needs to be replaced.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted October 26, 2015
No. It does not support their students or develop determination. It develops isolation and inequality.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted October 26, 2015
just the opposite. if you make a mistake depending on who your family is you will be treated accordingly.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted October 26, 2015
My child was offered a prescription pill from another student. Instead of dealing with the root cause and problem, she was suspended. We received a letter explaining that the school did not have provided school work for her after we requested make up work.

Ironwood Ridge High School 2

Posted August 31, 2014
A direct quote from a teacher to the entire class, "I have over 100 students, I don't care if you fail.". The same teacher, "I can see you are all confused, but I'm moving forward.", and once again "almost all of you will fail this test". In my opinion the problem doesn't lie with the students, this teacher cannot teach. More than one teacher at this school will openly mock parents in front of students just because the parent contacted them about concerns over grades. Frankly, I find this behavior on the part of the teacher not only unprofessional but also childish. Teachers who fail the majority of a class are the true failures, not the children.

Ironwood Ridge High School 3

Posted August 31, 2014
The staff and students are great but the administration does not respect the teachers. This creates a culture of fear in which teachers are afraid to state their opinions.

Ironwood Ridge High School 2

Posted February 04, 2014
My daughter went here for her junior year of high school. We had some issues with bullying. She was bullied for her race. She was bullied for not wanting to participate in school spirit. She was bullied by an extremely rude culinary teacher. The administration did about as much as they wanted to about this issue. I figured the incidents of racial intolerances at this school were isolated, but unfortunately my family was wrong. She had an absolutely wonderful chemistry teacher and some of the parents who volunteered were very nice. Those are the positives I can give this school. More news of racial intolerance has come out in the news about this school since then. I would love for that long winded 5 star review from the student below to be true for everyone, however it is not. Please do not be deterred by the students trying to defend this school on this page. I admire the school spirit, but enough of our children have fallen victim to prejudice and childish behavior from some of the supposed mentors.

2475 West Naranja Dr, Tucson, AZ  85742
Last modified Ironwood Ridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.