Public charter
Tucson, AZ

Posted May 18, 2015
We've been at La Paloma Lakeside since Kindergarten with our daughter who is now just finishing 6th grade. We've witnessed a steady decline in teacher to parent communication. This year our honor student failed 6th grade. We've requested conferences and been ignored. We've had to corner her teachers to get time with them to discuss what's going on. Again and again we were told the same story. " It's. The administration's doing. They opted to have the 6th graders switch classes mid term to go from one teacher to multiple teachers." Teachers say "all kids are struggling with the transition" and blame administers. We as parents feel completely out of the loop

Posted January 20, 2015
My 10 yr old son has been repeatedly bullied and harassed at this school, to the point that he recently attempted suicide. In a panic, I left a voicemail message for the principal, asking him to call me back immediately regarding a very serious matter. He never returned my call. When I contacted the school superintendent (his wife, apparently?), she wished us better luck next year. Proof that anyone can start up a charter school, no matter how incompetent. Do not send your child to this school!

Posted June 12, 2014
As a student to la paloma i have to say that parents post bad reviews saying the teacher was super rude and stuff but parents aren't there as long as we are they don't know what's happening all day long and if you were you would realize that some teachers freak out when children disappear so don't be saying false statements such as no body's watching my kid we'll guess what there are at least 700 kids there nobody can be watched individually. Sure in the past I wish I went to better school but this school is were all my friends come from and the teachers are super nice so before you start judging this school you should actually see what it's like instead of reading bad reviews because some parents saw the very small teeny mean side of a teacher you actually need to come see the school THIS Is a review you can TRUST

Posted March 05, 2014
Im a parent of a 6th grade boy I am realy I disapointed. A close friend recommended thi school to me so I took her advice and regstered. And I really liked the school but my kid started Getting bad grades so I made made a appointment with he teachet he was really rude and I was doing homework with him he turn it in (I made sure) and still the same grades so complainted with the principle and he didnt do anything.my kid never come here again and recommend the same with you
2 people found this helpful

La Paloma Academy (Lakeside) 5

Posted February 10, 2013
I must say as a parent of a 4th grade girl and a 2nd grade boy that both attend La Paloma Academy Lakeside, I feel my students are safe and their awareness of bullies is very evident. I volunteer and the administration and teachers are consistently talking about their Olweus Bully Prevention Program. I encourage all parents to go and speak with administration or teachers about how they respond to bullying at La Paloma Academy. Thank you all for helping my two kids.

Posted February 02, 2013
Children are often left unattended in critical areas of the school building. La paloma bully policy follows no clear cut model. Many children are victims of physical and psychological bullying at lakeside....and administration does nothing or very little to discipline noted bullies, or protect the victims being harassed daily. Until la paloma get get on the same page as the rest of the country on preventing and disciplining against school violence I would discourage any parent choosing la paloma for their special child/children. Thank you
2 people found this helpful

La Paloma Academy (Lakeside) 5

Posted November 09, 2012
I am a teacher at La Paloma and I really enjoy working here. The environment is so friendly and everyone really cares about their job and the students. I am always finding that the teachers here love to share their resources, not just withing grade level, but within all levels. We all want to see the others succeed and have the students succeed as well.

Posted August 13, 2011
I really enjoy this La Paloma. My kids have been there for the last for years and I have really enjoyed working with Principal, teachers and staff. When I have a concern, the administration listens and responds quickly. I highly recommend this school!

La Paloma Academy (Lakeside) 2

Posted August 04, 2011
School went down hill from 2003 to present. Kids not supervised properly. Teachers don't know where kids are.

Posted May 17, 2011
I love my first grader's teacher!! I have heard that Ms Bryant may not be returning next year and that will be unfortunate for next year's first graders. She is caring and compassionate as well as an unbelievably hard worker. I see her there early and late (usually much later than the principal). I have appreciated her dedication and will be sorry if she leaves.

La Paloma Academy (Lakeside)
8140 E. Golf Links Rd., Tucson, AZ  85730
Last modified La Paloma Academy (Lakeside) is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
La Paloma Academy (Lakeside) Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top