Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Agree

It is important for homework to be given to reinforce the standards taught during the school day and for parents to see what is being taught. Both my sons brought homework home and I appreciated helping them to learn more about what was being taught in their classroom.

Develops character: Strongly agree

As a Character Counts school, we have the verbage posted throughout the school. Teachers are also required to submit weekly lesson plans describing how they are teaching the character trait of the month.

My children have both excelled at La Paloma Lakeside. They love the school and their teachers and feel safe to learn.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Both my sons attend La Paloma Academy. Their teachers have gone above and beyond for their academic and social needs. Their teachers truly care about their students and I feel comfortable and confident with trusting my children with them.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I really like La Paloma Academy. After moving here from out of state I was very worried, but the teachers and administration put my worries to rest. I like the "open door" feel with the Principal. The communication with the online grade system and the email communication between myself and the teachers was great. My 6th grader liked how she had a few different teachers. My 3rd grader and a my 6th grader, would recommend this school to everyone, as will I. I am keeping my fingers crossed they will open a high school so I won't have to stress about where to send my daughter in a few years!

I really like La Paloma Academy. After moving here from out of state I was very worried, but the teachers and administration put my worries to rest. The communication with the online grade system and the email communication between myself and the teachers was great. My 6th grader liked how she had a few different teachers. My 3rd grader and a my 6th grader, would recommend this school to everyone, as will I.

We've been at La Paloma Lakeside since Kindergarten with our daughter who is now just finishing 6th grade. We've witnessed a steady decline in teacher to parent communication. This year our honor student failed 6th grade. We've requested conferences and been ignored. We've had to corner her teachers to get time with them to discuss what's going on. Again and again we were told the same story. " It's. The administration's doing. They opted to have the 6th graders switch classes mid term to go from one teacher to multiple teachers." Teachers say "all kids are struggling with the transition" and blame administers. We as parents feel completely out of the loop

My 10 yr old son has been repeatedly bullied and harassed at this school, to the point that he recently attempted suicide. In a panic, I left a voicemail message for the principal, asking him to call me back immediately regarding a very serious matter. He never returned my call. When I contacted the school superintendent (his wife, apparently?), she wished us better luck next year. Proof that anyone can start up a charter school, no matter how incompetent. Do not send your child to this school!

As a student to la paloma i have to say that parents post bad reviews saying the teacher was super rude and stuff but parents aren't there as long as we are they don't know what's happening all day long and if you were you would realize that some teachers freak out when children disappear so don't be saying false statements such as no body's watching my kid we'll guess what there are at least 700 kids there nobody can be watched individually. Sure in the past I wish I went to better school but this school is were all my friends come from and the teachers are super nice so before you start judging this school you should actually see what it's like instead of reading bad reviews because some parents saw the very small teeny mean side of a teacher you actually need to come see the school THIS Is a review you can TRUST

Im a parent of a 6th grade boy I am realy I disapointed. A close friend recommended thi school to me so I took her advice and regstered. And I really liked the school but my kid started Getting bad grades so I made made a appointment with he teachet he was really rude and I was doing homework with him he turn it in (I made sure) and still the same grades so complainted with the principle and he didnt do anything.my kid never come here again and recommend the same with you

Last modified La Paloma Academy (Lakeside) is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.