K-8 & Ungraded
Public charter
Tucson, AZ
Before care: Yes

Posted August 10, 2014
My daughter went here from 5th to 8th grade. She received a great education and I really appreciated that the teachers care so much for their students. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming. The school's emphasis on building character and personal responsibility is something that is lacking in other schools. If we hadn't moved too far away my other children would have attended here as well. They are small and lack a library and lunch room which is a drawback but the benefits outweigh this.

Posted February 03, 2014
We just moved our daughter there mid school year from a private school. Carden is an amazing school with an awesome approach to learning. There is an adjustment period for new students (uniforms, different approach to learning, new rules etc). This school demands a lot of of the kids, but nothing above their grade level. They truely care about the kids getting a solid education. The work I have seen come home, far exceeds anything I have seen from other schools. This school was recommened to me by a friend and has been worth the move. Even coming in mid-school year, everyone made her feel welcomed as if she had been there all year. Even thought this school is more demanding, my daughter loves it and is excited to go. Don't judge the school by its looks or location, it truely is an AWESOME school.

Posted August 07, 2013
Our school just received an "A" based on 2013 AIMES test rating! Congratulations to students & teachers hard work & dedication to excellent

Posted July 30, 2013
This is an amazing, little treasure of a school. It may not look like much but what comes out of it is remarkable. It is grade level, not advanced, but consistently excels at the top. Great community feeling, strong ethical values, and you can be really involved or not so much. Awesome 2 mo summer w/2 wk spring and fall breaks. Pick up time is amazing as they deliver your kid right to your car and you don't even have to get out! Totally awesome if you have littler ones with you. Right from K they get to learn about the constitution and declaration of indep. Great music and dance program. Small school, almost everyone gets to know each other-at least by name-and there is a lot of affirmation in different ways. Wish they had a library, though each teacher stocks their own classrooms. Teachers have been great with finding what works for our 3 different kids, which wasn't the same for each one. This is our 7th year there. They've continually improved since we began there: ie, their website used to be horrid. Now it's decent. In future maybe it will have more updates and be swell. No school is perfect but this one is a true GEM. A few cons but wonderful pros. Visit! Totally recommend.

Posted April 29, 2013
Carden of Tucson,has good teaching skills and are constantly reviewing things the kids have learned throughout the year.

Posted March 30, 2013
My son attended Carden when he was in the 6th and seventh grade. It was the best decision for him to be at this school. The principal and most of the staff really do care about the students education. The small class size is great !! They recognized my sons potential and let him excel instead of stifling that potential like many other schools today. Too bad we had to move out of state. The outside appearance of the school is not great but it goes to show you its whats inside that counts.

Posted February 13, 2013
As an environmental educator I work with students from all over Tucson. It is ALWAYS a pleasure to work in the outdoors with Carden of Tucson students because they are so well behaved, focused, and courteous. This school really stands out in my opinion when it comes to students who have developed good listening skills and students who really love learning in the outdoors. Steve Russell

Posted January 21, 2013
I wanted to say as a parent of a graduate and a current Carden of Tucson student, when we first came to Carden it was stressful. There was so much to learn. Uniforms on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Peace Builder shirts and jeans on Wednesday-but only if earned . Blue pants and red or white shirt on Fridays. Boys don't forget your belts & squad points, homework, spelling, lunch and water bottles. Memorize and study the Carden Mission and The Preamble to the Declaration of Independence in which to recite daily. Yes, as a parent who works a full time job, Carden of Tucson forced me to be involved with my children on all levels. I am so proud of my kids for understanding that nothing comes easy and working hard and being accountable has great rewards. I know my kids will exceed the goals set for them by Carden of Tucson and that they already have the fundamentals for a successful future. If you are a parent who feels that this school is bad because it is stressful when the teacher pushes children to their fullest potential or that a donation request of $200-$400 for supplies and field trips (which is 100% tax deductible) is too much to ask then Carden is not right for you.

Posted January 02, 2013
The BEST elementary & middle school in Tucson! We have 3 children attending here and have been part of this school community for the last 7 years. We tried a nearby public school and quickly found that while the teacher was great, their hands were tied with a ratio of at least 30 to 1. The teacher mentioned "I am not able to give the necessary attention to all students." Carden is a small campus where students can excel in leadership, academics and character development. With class sizes at 14-16 students, they are encouraged to excel and progress or support is easily detected. Carden keeps up with our expanding technology and offers learning with use of ipads, nooks, google docs, classroom whiteboards to name just a few. The middle school has an amazing student council body and they make a difference. Teachers really care about each student and are willing to help in any way. They constantly sacrifice their personal time before and after school. NO regrets, it is worth packing a nutritious lunch and driving 20 miles a day to take our precious children to school to learn in a safe and productive environment!! psCome see a music program, you will be blown away!! Mrs.Post

Posted December 21, 2012
Can't say enough good things about this school. My daughter is in her third year at Carden. I would challenge anyone to find another school where the teachers are so dedicated to the success of the children. A few people have posted about stringent expectations regarding coloring, etc. As in any school, parents should ask questions or perhaps sit in class. You will quickly understand that nothing happens that isn't for the purpose of advancing your child's academic success. The supply donation is a small cost in comparison to the quality of the education you receive. If you want a school that emphasizes character, patriotism and strong academics, please consider Carden.

Carden of Tucson
5260 N. Royal Palm Drive, Tucson, AZ  85705
Last modified Carden of Tucson is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carden of Tucson Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top