PK-8 & Ungraded
Tucson, AZ

1 star

Posted November 23, 2014
My son went here last school year(kindergarten). As a parent , I felt the need to tell others to never send your children to this school. I was so disappointed.. The teachers were so unattentive. At the beginning of the year, my son got lost 2 times at school. I switched teachers when the first one (who is no longer there) told me it was because his "head was in the clouds" (he was still only 4 at the time). The second teacher was a little better but not by much. She never lost track of my son but didn't seem to care when there was a problem with a bully in the class. all she ever said was, "that doesn't happen in the classroom, the students need to tell a monitor." i had personally seen the kid pushing, shoving, twisting arms of quite a few kids in her line on the way in. i never got any letters about events happening at school.. Had no idea about a fall festival, found out it was picture day on that morning, and there was a science fair we missed because they relied on the kindergarteners to relay all the information instead of sending a simple note home from school. Completely left TUSD and is now in a sunnyside school, where everything is 100 percent better!

Posted September 05, 2013
I have a daughter who is currently attending for her second year. The communication is poor and the teachers never keep you updated on anything. The teacher to student ration is ridiculous. School dress code is never enforced and it is very common to find the middle school kids cursing at the top of their lungs showing little respect for the young ones who see them as role models. The school received horrible school ratings but the principle was proud and claimed progress and it's nothing to be proud of. I am currently looking for other options because this is not a school I am proud of having my daughter attend. To top it off the principal stated that not all teachers are good at teaching certain subjects so they need to be retaught! What good is their degree then? They have an awesome vice principle right now that's the only good I can say, as well as the school buildings being in pristine condition but I rather have my daughter going to a ugly looking elementary with good teachers and a safe environment than a pretty one with horrible staff. This school has so much potential but in the wrong hands it can lead to devastating outcomes at the expense our children's education.

Posted March 22, 2013
Very upset with our experience at this school. Oversized classes, poor communication, and my son has been dealing with bullying all year. I was also disappointed to learn that my son failed a portion of the AIMS test last year. After researching the school's performance on the department of education website, I learned that Mc Corkle received a D rating from the state with only 36 percent of students passing math, 42 percent passing writing, and 69 percent passing reading. I care too much about my son's future to leave him in this underperforming school. We are looking for other options.

Mccorkle Pk-8
, Tucson, AZ  85746
Last modified Mccorkle Pk-8 is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mccorkle Pk-8 Rating: 1 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top