Posted April 03, 2014
Regarding Parent involvement, as a parent it is our responsibility to step up to be involved. No school can make the parents get involved. We have to want to and just do it. Maybe a date can be set up monthly and the parents that are interested in helping and wanting to assist by sharing ideas to make improvements will assist the monthly Parent meeting. The children can play in the playground while we meet. Fundraisers, volunteering and many other subjects can be discussed. I am all for it!!

Posted June 08, 2010
If you have an ESL child perfect school for you. While I will give some credit to the teacher and administration to try and work against very tough odds. No parent involvement exists whatsoever. The teachers really have to struggle from what I can tell to get parents to even bring their kids to school. They are one of the few District 1 schools with no PTA. I've been a parent with children in the school for 2 years and have given it a chance. But, with the low test scores it's sad because I will be taking my kids out of this school to hopefully put them in a school where they can be challenged academically. Good luck Pecan Grove I hope the situation changes for the better soon.

Pecan Grove Elementary School 0

Posted February 14, 2010
Pecan Grove School has worked to give excellent instruction to students for many years. The administration, teachers, and support staff are committed to give the students the best education possible. Being rated performing with many students that are having to overcome situations that limit the ability to succeed in academics is commendable.

Pecan Grove Elementary School 4

Posted July 21, 2009
I really think Pecan Grove is such a great school. My two children are attending there. My younger daughter attended first grade last year, and so she was in love with her two 1st grade teachers Mrs. Naerbo and Mr. Alvarez. She really wnats him to be her second grade teacher. I would like to congratulate the principal. He is always willing to communicate with parents.

Posted April 16, 2009
Pecan Grove works with students who are coming with many issues with which to deal. They do an excellent job to receive a performing rating. That is like receiving the highest rating for schools whose students do not have to deal with many issues.

Pecan Grove Elementary School 0

Posted January 03, 2009
I really think Pecan Grove is a great school. The teachers and staff are working so hard for their students. There is a teacher's aide that my child thinks he is a great teacher. I would like to congratulate both principals for having such a great team, especially that teacher's aide that has made a difference on my child's education.

Posted October 11, 2008
The curriculum and staff are very coordinated. The students at this title 1 school receive very intense interventions in their language arts, which is what students need so much. It's noted that a students very first teacher is their parent, sometimes schools have to make up the difference. This school is doing a wonderful job of that, and reflecting admirably the type of people working at this school, and in this country, finding answers and solutions in the most challenging of environments.

Posted September 04, 2008
The school is great and so are the teachers but the curriculum could be better. My grandson is in the sixth grade and he still doesn't know how to write in cursive except for his name. The basics are to basic. They need to teach more history and geography which I am doing.

Posted April 06, 2005
The Academic program should be better. Rewards have been taken away from good students (honor roll) and more time is spent on the under achieving students. The student band meets BEFORE school and is not on-site. Transportation to band is the parents responsibility. PTA's are conducted primarily in Spanish. Overall I feel the school ignores achieving students so they can focus on those that need alot of help.

Posted February 12, 2005
- a former student
I use to go to Pecan Grove Elementary and I think it is the BEST!!My favorite teacher was Mrs. Burden. I had her fo 5th grade. She once told me she really liked my name ( America Gonzalez).

Pecan Grove Elementary School
600 S. 21st Avenue, Yuma, AZ  85364
Last modified Pecan Grove Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pecan Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top