Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted May 12, 2016
My children are in their sixth and second years at Owl Creek School. The teachers they have had over the years have treated them as leaders. I have been kept well informed about what's going on around campus. I have always had direct communication with the teachers via email. This year my middle school 5th grader is completely independent in her responsibility of her school work and homework. This has occurred a little more each year. She is involved in Quiz Bowl, Student Council, is a Student Ambassador, and volunteers in activities. The school also participates in Geo Bowl, Spelling Bee, STEM activities, Girls on the Run, Soar with the Owls 5k/Fun Run, Fall Festival, Multicultural Week partnership with U of A, and more. This year the 5th graders were able to have an overnight field trip to the Ozark Natural Science Center. Owl Creek school has an atmosphere of inclusion and diversity. We could not be more pleased with the leadership and staff. We look forward to our years here at Owl Creek School.

Owl Creek School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 28, 2015
MR. Pledger he was very nice and caring he was my favorite teacher hes the BEST teacher there

Posted October 29, 2015
I can't say how impressed I am with the caring teachers and staff at Owl Creek. I just finished my Parent Teacher Conference with my 1st grade child. The conference was student led and I was amazed how he was tracking his data for reading levels, attendance, behavior, etc. He is also setting goals and working towards meeting his goals. Owl Creek teaches the Leader in Me program and it is truly changing our children's lives in such positive ways. I only wish I had been taught these skills when I was in Elementary school. I love hearing him use the 7 Habits language at home, "I need to be proactive and pack my backpack tonight so I won't forget anything in the morning." Watching my 6 year old take ownership in his own learning and be able to communicate his strengths and goals made me so proud. I am very happy with the instruction and staff at this school.

Owl Creek School 3

Posted September 30, 2015
This school needs some help in the special education area. Not with the resource, speech, hearing impaired, or any of the actual hands on with the teachers/instructors, but with the administration. Since I lack the interaction with the new Principal herself on this matter I will exclude her in hopes that she will eventually handle this concern, but both vice-principals seem to show a lack of understanding. Over all the teachers are great if maybe a little hands tied in the disciplinary area. There is still a lack of communication from the school, which is truly disheartening with their attempts of digital communication. The issue is that they do not interact with the parents when the communication is needed. If a child is bullying a classmate then both parents should be notified of how the issue is being handled. Often the parent of the child doing the bullying will not be notified. I was informed by a parent about the bully issue, I was never told it was happening. Last year there was a child who committed suicide due to bullying. Many children have resorted to self harm in trying to escape this. The lack of parent involvement is caused by the over all attitude that no one's opinions count except for a small clique of PTO parents. Who decides who are the officers anyway? Bylaws posted online says a nominating committee but are they people who are not being nominated? Does the principal have a say? Maybe the new principal will have the guts to branch out from the current clique, since unfortunately there are such a small amount of repeat volunteers, and many seem unappreciated. There seems to be two women who seem to help more than others. Both of them should be officers, they at least are known throughout the school. One who is in the office (not sure how I feel about a person who is not an employee having the ability to look at school records, since I once saw her in the file room behind the front desk) and the other does a lot of other stuff (my child calls her the popcorn lady, high flier lady, and I have seen her at many school functions). The atmosphere of the school seems a little uncomfortable. There needs to be changes made over all and hopefully it has started with a new principal and will continue down towards the employees, and it needs to include the PTO. This school could be amazing if changes were made.

Posted October 22, 2014
Great school with great teachers! We love all the family activities and field trips offered!

Posted September 17, 2014
I love Owl Creek!! I have a unique experience with the school. My first child was the inaugural class at the school and it was rough. Over the years the quality of education she has received is great. My second child is in first grade and had health issues. The school was flexible and did not limit him academically. He is currently 1st grade and the can read on a 2nd grade level and they keep challenging him. Owl Creek is a place kids Soar!!

Posted August 06, 2014
This is our 6th year at Owl Creek. They have been nothing but supportive when it comes to me and my children. I do believe in my experience, they went beyond the call of duty to work with my kids when they done wrong. I get weekly grade reports and the teachers and principals respond to emails and other forms of communication. The only thing I don't like is the CLC , but it's new and hopefully we will all adapt. It really stinks to have kids on different calendars but I feel this school is the best for my kids, that is why we decided to stick out the CLC for the last 3 years we will be here, instead of transferring to the school we actually are suppose to be at. I recommend others to the school..keep up the good work!!!

Posted April 13, 2014
We are completing our first year at owl creek, and have a 3rd and a 5th grader. I have volunteered in the classrooms and have worked with the school and the counselor to do fundraising for books and school supplies. The staff seems very happy overall, and there are really good teachers that our kids really love. I think there may be a few teachers who just don't want to be here, but the majority seem to really like the administration and work well together. There are a couple of PTO moms who are very difficult and have caused people to stop volunteering out of frustration. I am really surprised by the remark about the discord over the continuous learning calendar. The parents and teachers I have talked to are excited about the new calendar. I haven't heard anything but positives about that. We recommend Owl Creek to other families. We find the staff to be innovative and creative, and the children feel that they are an important & active part of their school. When we have had questions, the teachers and administration have been helpful and worked with us. I would like to see another bicycle rack out front.

Posted March 07, 2014
There is a place for everyone at Owl Creek, and we love the diversity that our children take for granted--they have friends from all over the world. The teachers are terrific, and they really care about the students (even coming to soccer games to cheer my daughter on)! I have found all of the staff to be very helpful. We love our school!!

Owl Creek School 1

Posted June 27, 2013
Owl Creek struggles with leadership issues. The teachers seem intimidated by the Principal and her other administrators; a lot of unspoken communication is shared during meetings between staff members and parents. What are we supposed to think? Meetings with the administrators are unproductive and very frustrating. Open choice means LOOK elsewhere and hope you can get a transfer! Owl Creek seems to cater to just a few people, we must not have been the right ones...

Owl Creek School
375 North Rupple Rd, Fayetteville, AR  72704
Last modified Owl Creek School is a Public school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.