Fayetteville, AR

Posted October 22, 2014
Great school with great teachers! We love all the family activities and field trips offered!

Posted September 17, 2014
I love Owl Creek!! I have a unique experience with the school. My first child was the inaugural class at the school and it was rough. Over the years the quality of education she has received is great. My second child is in first grade and had health issues. The school was flexible and did not limit him academically. He is currently 1st grade and the can read on a 2nd grade level and they keep challenging him. Owl Creek is a place kids Soar!!

Posted August 06, 2014
This is our 6th year at Owl Creek. They have been nothing but supportive when it comes to me and my children. I do believe in my experience, they went beyond the call of duty to work with my kids when they done wrong. I get weekly grade reports and the teachers and principals respond to emails and other forms of communication. The only thing I don't like is the CLC , but it's new and hopefully we will all adapt. It really stinks to have kids on different calendars but I feel this school is the best for my kids, that is why we decided to stick out the CLC for the last 3 years we will be here, instead of transferring to the school we actually are suppose to be at. I recommend others to the school..keep up the good work!!!

Posted April 13, 2014
We are completing our first year at owl creek, and have a 3rd and a 5th grader. I have volunteered in the classrooms and have worked with the school and the counselor to do fundraising for books and school supplies. The staff seems very happy overall, and there are really good teachers that our kids really love. I think there may be a few teachers who just don't want to be here, but the majority seem to really like the administration and work well together. There are a couple of PTO moms who are very difficult and have caused people to stop volunteering out of frustration. I am really surprised by the remark about the discord over the continuous learning calendar. The parents and teachers I have talked to are excited about the new calendar. I haven't heard anything but positives about that. We recommend Owl Creek to other families. We find the staff to be innovative and creative, and the children feel that they are an important & active part of their school. When we have had questions, the teachers and administration have been helpful and worked with us. I would like to see another bicycle rack out front.

Owl Creek School 4

Posted April 11, 2014
I enjoy Owl Creek. After reading all the past reviews I will say that I agree with several of the negative and positive remarks. They could inform parents a better on when a field trip is, maybe should update their Facebook page on important events, and be better on informing parents about failing grades. They do have an online grade book however not everyone has internet. There are some amazing teachers who communicate with parents and some that provide little communication. I think that part of this falls from the parents lack of involvement and the teachers not knowing how interact with parents. The PTO needs new leadership, the lack of personal interaction causes a decline in volunteers. The women in the office do at times seem gruff but they are the people who get the complaint calls or the upset people who walk in and not to mention the kids who visit the office. Everyone has bad days but once they warm up to you they are really nice. I agree there does seem to be an intimation factor with the teachers vs the administration. I think this comes from a discord over the continuous learning calendar issue. The school is not perfect but it is not the worst school I have seen.

Posted March 07, 2014
There is a place for everyone at Owl Creek, and we love the diversity that our children take for granted--they have friends from all over the world. The teachers are terrific, and they really care about the students (even coming to soccer games to cheer my daughter on)! I have found all of the staff to be very helpful. We love our school!!

Owl Creek School 1

Posted June 27, 2013
Owl Creek struggles with leadership issues. The teachers seem intimidated by the Principal and her other administrators; a lot of unspoken communication is shared during meetings between staff members and parents. What are we supposed to think? Meetings with the administrators are unproductive and very frustrating. Open choice means LOOK elsewhere and hope you can get a transfer! Owl Creek seems to cater to just a few people, we must not have been the right ones...

Owl Creek School 1

Posted February 13, 2013
The staff at this school is very unprofessional. If your child gets in trouble one time, they pick on that child for every little thing they do forever-after. They're children! They are NOT going to just sit in their chairs like little miniature adults all the time. The teachers use in-school suspension as much as the old "go sit in the hall trick". You would think anything with the word "suspension" attached to it would be a big deal. Apparently its not anymore. The school lunches are NO good. Our kids would rather go hungry than buy a lunch. On top of that you could eat McDonalds for the amount of one of the overpriced lunches. The teachers dont teach- we end up spending hours at home on homework. Ive never heard of a school having so many substitutes in a school year! If your kids are having trouble on a subject in class? You wont find out until you receive their report card with a note from the teacher saying that assignments are missing. Not homework assignments either, CLASSROOM assignments. Im sorry, but if my child is not turning in their assignments during class and it has caused them to have a failing grade I feel I should have been notified before they actually failed.

Posted February 09, 2013
My kids love their teachers and their school! We also enjoy the Healthy Cooking classes and the Zumba and sports nights as a family. My older daughter is in GT, and I see both of my children excited about learning and school everyday. We appreciate the strong academics and the diverse student body, and we are really looking forward to the International Festival again this year. Owl Creek helps our children see world cultures everyday!

Posted February 09, 2013
Great school that we are proud to be a part of! The teachers care about the children, and they take the time to get to know them. They won a national award this year for being an outstanding school. Go, Owls!

Owl Creek School
375 North Rupple Rd, Fayetteville, AR  72704
Last modified Owl Creek School is a Public school that serves grades K-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Owl Creek School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top