Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted February 21, 2016
Excellent test scores. Low teacher turnover. Wonderful building and helpful staff. The school does amazing things with the students. The interaction in classroom is engaging. Fast learners are not held back in learning, but allow to progress as fast as they would like to learn.

Holcomb Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted February 21, 2016
The school teaches Covey's 7 leadership habits that helps develop the honesty, integrity and fairness. The student learn how to treat others and the importance of being fair and respectful.

Posted April 21, 2009
We have a kindergartner finishing up the first year at Holcomb and we have been very pleased with the school. The first year principal has done a great job from our perspective. Our child loves to going to school there and is excited to go to school everyday. Her progress in reading, math & other skills has been excellent compared to other friends of kindergartners around town as well as other friends we have in various parts of the country. I have volunteered at the school on several occasions and have been welcomed with enthusiasm by the faculty. I have spent time in various classrooms and each one was a great experience. Overall, we are very satisfied with the school.

Holcomb Elementary School 2

Posted June 07, 2007
Holcomb has a really good reputation in town, but if this is one of the cities' best schools, I'd hate to see the worst. My son has ADHD. He's on medication that controls most of his symptoms. He has an IEP. Holcomb's academic programs are good, however, and there are multiple options for parent volunteerism. But my child's going to a private school next year. Where he'll be treated with respect. And where he'll learn it's OK to be different, and that he doesn't have to fit a certain required 'mold.' I'm looking forward to the change.

Posted December 18, 2006
John Colbert is a good principal, and clearly loves the kids. There are a LOT of wonderful teachers and staff at this school and just a few that aren't so wonderful. [every school has a few] The gifted program is good and the staff really do care for the kids and try to teach and stimulate the child's desire to learn. I have three children who attend this school. One has been there for three years, one for two, and one is in Kindergarten. It's good to see your kids come home excited about school every day. Definitely one of the best schools in Fayetteville.

Posted March 31, 2006
Holcomb is a wonderful elementary school. The teachers are top notch!

Posted February 19, 2006
A fantasic school from what we have experienced. Excellent administrative staff that is always helpful and friendly. Great extracurricular activities for the students and lots of parent involvement. Crosswalks leading from parking lots to sidewalks would be a huge improvement and traffic flow for cars dropping off / picking up students could be improved.

Posted June 28, 2005
My children are receiving an excellent education at Holcomb. The teachers, principal and staff really care about their students. They make sure each student receives the proper assistance to learn and that each student is challenged.

Holcomb Elementary School 1

Posted November 20, 2004
I am a grandma to a child who attends your elementary and I am very disturbed at ther reports I get from my grandson and son and daughter in law in the way you treat my grandson and the inability to support my son and daughter in law in the quest to resolve issues. I am a licensed social worker and I assure you that, my son has attempted many times to resolve issues only to fail because your administration would not cooperate. I know the people to contact and the channels to use and I will use them. Believe me. You better get your administration straight as well as your buses because I will be heard. Marcia Tester

Holcomb Elementary School
2900 North Salem Rd, Fayetteville, AR  72704
Last modified Holcomb Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.